PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Tanking Help

Shady0309
12-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Lvl 71 Prot Warrior. I've tanked everything up to WotLK fine. Utgarde Keep was easy also. I tried tanking the Nexus and everything is hitting really hard. The healers are having trouble keeping me up. Any advice? Have I specced wrong? I've a DK tank I lvled precata and throught cata DK tanking is easy.. Not sure what stats to go for. Dodge/Parry etc..

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/smolderthorn/rekkar/simple

Be gentle, I made this tank for the recruit a friend to power lvl him through dungeons..

Thanks for all the help.

Sebadoh
12-29-2010, 02:43 PM
You're saved in your level 70 PvP gear, which I hope is not what you tank in. If your gear is crappy or doesn't have much for defensive stats, try getting the level 70 Cobalt set crafted. It has tons of dodge and stamina, and isn't going to break the bank.

I'm no expert on Warriors, far from it, however I can definitively tell you that Bastion of Defense is must-have-maxed talent. You're probably getting critted by mobs, which hurts even at lower levels.

Shady0309
12-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Yeah, im not tanking in my pvp set.. Was pvpign with a friend. I'll switch it.

Shady0309
12-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Respecc'd and it did a little better. Should I gem straight stam, and try to balance out Dodge/Parry?
Dodge: 15.90%
Parry: 9.49%

Forsaken_Wartank
12-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Max out Bastion of Defense, with the single point you can eat a crit. (3% chance) I would also recommend moving some points around and picking up gag order.