PDA

View Full Version : Al'Akir

Aliena
12-28-2010, 04:55 PM
neDeFX4iyNk

Hello and welcome to the TankSpot Throne of the Four Winds Raid Guide! My name is Aliena and in this video I'll show you all you have to know about Al'Akir, the final boss in this new raid instance. We completed this fight with 1 tank, 3 healers and 6 DPS, but similar raid configurations may work just as well.

This encounter is split into three phases. The first one's fairly short, it lasts from 100-80% of his health. The second phase is the longest, it lasts from 80-25%, and you only have to endure the third phase for the last 25%. For once in a fight, the first phase is actually the hardest one you have to deal with!

In the first phase, Al'akir is firmly rooted in the middle of his little platform, and if his main threat target is not in his melee range, he will instead Electrocute it, which is a channeled spell that deals massive amounts of damage. To counter this, always stay below the tank's threat and don't "accidentally" pull the boss, okay? Okay. Also, any caster should stand towards the back of the platform, since he will randomly interrupt spells cast close to his body.

When you reach the platform, have your raid spread out over at least half the platform, each person on their own or in groups of 2 if you'd rather. Do make sure that 2 healers are in range of your tank, and every DPS is in range of at least 1 healer. If you're doing this in 25-man mode, utilize the whole platform and split your raid up into self-sufficient little groups of 3-4 people with a healer each.

This is because of Al'akir's Lightning Strike, which is basically a Chain Lightning except it chains to everyone in a huge cone around his target. The markers on the floor are a huge help here - if each group stacks up on a little marker, you'll never chain Lightning Strike to another group.

His second ability is Ice Storm, which spawns a Blizzard that moves rather randomly around the platform. If you stand in it, you get slowed and take damage. This is not a big issue by itself, but you'll notice that Al'akir tends to put the storm right in the middle of the platform, and this tends to get annoying due to his next two abilities:

Wind Burst and Squall Line. Squall Line is basically a line of Tornadoes he summons that have a random "hole" in them. If you've done Sartharion in Wrath, it works like his Flame Wall. To avoid getting picked up by the Squall Line and potentially die, stand in the opening until the tornadoes pass by. Al'akir will always have one of these active and moving around the platform. When the Squall Line is about to disappear, they'll kinda fizzle out - at that point they won't deal damage anymore.

Wind Burst is a spell with a 5 second cast time that he'll approximately use twice per minute. When the cast is finished, everyone on the platform will get knocked back a considerable distance, and if your raid is not extremely close to his body at the point it goes off, they'll likely get blasted off the platform. You don't die when this happens, but you'll be out of the fight for at least 10 seconds and if you get unlucky, you'll get picked off by tornadoes right when you land. To avoid this, run towards Al'Akir when he's casting Wind Burst.

The tricky part is the timing of Squall Line and Wind Burst together - make sure you're safe from any tornadoes when Al'akir is about to cast Wind Burst or else you might get blasted into one and die. Also, account for increased run times if you have an ice patch on your part of the platform. It's most important that no raid member gets picked up by tornadoes, so if it comes down to you having to choose between getting blasted off the platform or getting picked up by tornadoes, pick the getting blasted off. It's worth noting that you can currently life-grip people out of tornadoes should you absolutely have to.

Thankfully, when his health hits 80%, phase 2 starts, and this one is considerably easier and.. more boring. You still have to deal with the Electrocute, the spell interrupt close to him and the Squall Line in phase two, so make sure to look out for it and preferably call new tornadoes and their openings out on vent.

Phase 2 has a soft enrage mechanic called Acid Rain, which makes your raid take increasing nature damage every second until you bring Al'Akir down to 25%. The new mechanic this phase are Stormlings - little electric adds Al'akir will summon every 20 seconds. They deal nature damage to everyone within 20 yards of them, so have your ranged members stand in a separate pile away from your tank and melee whenever you don't have to deal with a tornado.

When a Stormling dies, Al'akir receives a debuff called "Feedback". Feedback makes him take 10% more damage for 20 seconds, and this stacks with every new Stormling that dies. However, keep in mind that Feedback only lasts for 20 seconds, so you need to time your Stormling kills just right to avoid losing the buff.

If you have very high DPS in your raid, you may choose to only have a few people on Stormlings to avoid killing them too fast and creating a gap between killing one and having the next one spawn. However, most people that are just starting to raid will want the majority of their DPS on the Stormlings when they're out. Try to find the right balance to always kill a Stormling right before another spawns, that way you should keep stacking up Feedback on Al'akir and get him to 25% before the increasing damage from Acid Rain kills your raid.

Once you do hit 25%, phase 3 starts and Al'Akir will lift your entire raid up into the sky. For the rest of the encounter, you fight him in 3-dimensional space! This phase is also a bit of a soft enrage timer, since eventually you'll run out of room to move. To give your raid the most amounts of space, have everyone fly to the very bottom of Al'akir as soon as the phase starts - fly as far down as you can without touching the lightning at the bottom.

Everyone should be at roughly the same altitude, but do make sure to spread out horizontally since Al'akir uses a chain lightning and an ability called Lightning Rod, that will cause a random person to emit lightning in a pretty wide area. The animation is very obvious and anyone affected by lightning rod needs to make sure to get away from anyone nearby.

The reason your whole raid started out at the bottom of the area is Lightning Cloud, which Al'akir summons at the altitude of a random raid member. This will look like a gigantic cloud that spans the whole area, and after 5 seconds the cloud will begin to emit lightning to anyone at the same altitude. When a cloud spawns, your entire raid needs to move upwards out of the affected altitude, since being in a Lightning Cloud will kill you within 2-3 seconds.

Al'akir uses Wind Burst in this phase, which is now instant. When you get hit by it, just return to wherever you were before. If you're too far away from him at the time he casts this and get knocked out of the Eye of the Storm, you might find yourself getting thrown around a wind hose for 6 seconds. This is usually bad news, since there's a high chance that it'll pop you out into a Lightning Cloud, so try not to move too far from Al'akir when you can avoid it.

That however concludes his phase 3 abilities, so if you burn him down quickly enough and everyone moves out of the Lightning Clouds, this phase should not cause an issue for your raid. As always, good luck and have fun! I've attached footage of the whole encounter in case you'd like to see how we dealt with the various mechanics in detail.

clvsutil
12-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Thank you very much for the video. These animations showing, for example, the tornados and the position of players, and the zooms showing debuffs, like feedback, are very helpful.

joacotdios
12-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Ali , Plzz can u say me what is the name of your Rotation helper , is not in your "UI PAGE"

THAnks , ILOVEU

n0point
12-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Just a different way to tackle the phase 3 clouds.
You can start from the top since there is a physical limit to how far up you can go, so everyone hitting that "wall" will be at the same exact lvl for the first cloud. In Aliena's video due to people being a little spread vertically at the bottom for the first cloud it spawned somewhat higher from where it should ideally be.

Rest is same but in the opposite direction - move down from the cloud, everyone gets at the same lvl just below it , rinse and repeat.

Just to show what it looks like(vent included so possibly rated M for mature)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMGjeZBtWRo&feature=player_embedded

PS: joacotdios if by rotation helper you mean the icon's for spells that light up above coolline when they are ready I'm pretty sure it's tellmewhen or power auras(you can setup both that way for it).

Edit(added video)

Khilbron
01-03-2011, 10:47 PM
After clearing this on 25man tonight, we found it FAR easier in Phase 3 to have everyone stack together, the chain lightning is extremely insignifigant. Just make sure the lightning rod gets out ASAP.

gacktt
01-07-2011, 08:43 AM
This is the biggest RNG fest I've ever seen. Just do p1 properly, hope add spawns arent messed up with tornados then he keels over.

erer
01-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Can u Ice Block the "acid rain"?

Released
01-08-2011, 12:47 AM
I wanted to share a positioning strategy that was working really well for us for phase one.
The biggest element to this is that we sent our tank (pally) and healer (disc priest) away from the raid.

12 O'Clock : Tank and Tank Healer
3 O'Clock : Two DPS
4.5 : DPS and Healer
6 : DPS and Healer
7.5: Two DPS
These clock-positions are approximate, we used the circles between the spades on the floor (6 being where you land on the platform).
There were a couple of advantages that this gave us.
First, it allowed some overlap on the raid healing, so there was a chance when one of them was busy the other could heal.
The tornadoes were easier to deal with as they frequently started out (almost exclusively) on the edge of the DPS group and headed to the tank, which gave a lot of time for everyone to react to the tornadoes and to get into positon for the knockback.
The big think you have to be careful about is the balance between spreading out for the chain lightning and staying in healer range. We found that the arc that we allowed each group of 2 allowed the healers to heal the adjacent arcs and if everyone was near their positions, not chain the lightning.
Let me know if you have any questions or if anyone has better drawing skills and wants to help my diagram this out.

gacktt
01-08-2011, 11:43 AM
P3 does not have a soft enrage, the clouds disappear shortly, if you go top->bottom, you can just go straight up to the top on the 4th cloud while only recieving 10,000 nature damage. As long as you have 4-5 people(2 healers at least, 1 self sufficient class) then they can solo the phase in 10 minutes.

Pyrite
01-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Having an issue with P3 in that the clouds can't be seen only the lightning that spawns and by then it's too late, we're unsure when to move and half the raid dies. Not sure if its a bug or something in the graphical settings we need to change (I have everything on Ultra except shadows, doesn't seem to help. Projected textures are on). Anyone know, or had a similar experience?

n0point
01-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Pyrite, try turning off Emphasize my own spell Effects option in the Interface/Display menu. This used to fix problems with some animations on the Halion fight back when 4.0.1 came out, so this could be it for this as well. I have it off since then anyway and never had any problems with stuff like this.

Luvaria
01-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Trying to find a decent strategy for killing the stormlings without losing the debuff. We've tried a few ways, but all seem to be dropping it at 3-4 stacks, once we had to 6 but it dropped as well. What we've tried so far (10 man, btw) -

Comp:
Prot Warrior
Feral Druid (usually tank, but DPS here, me)
Ass. Rogue
Enh. Shaman
Surv. Hunter
Fire Mage
Shadow Priest
Holy Priest
Holy Paladin
Resto Shaman

The main problem we're having is the RNG of I guess procs and crits with how fast they die. We tried a variety of ways and timings to get it down, but couldn't solve the problem of when we switch sometimes it dies in 3 seconds sometimes in 6, leaving us less time to kill the next. We'd start on the first one once the second spawned and take it a bit slow there, as we were aiming to beat the debuff by 2 seconds each time. Our most successful strategy was when the debuff on the boss would get to 8 seconds everyone would swap to the add, but we eventually ran out as we were killing them fast enough that the next wasn't spawning quickly and giving us enough time to burn before the debuff fell off.

So the only other way I could think of would be once the second spawn pops, we put just the hunter on the add, and then once the debuff hits 5 seconds left on the boss the rest of the raid immediately swaps (where it should be at about 20%, I'd think) and blows it up then gets back on boss. How are you guys doing it?

klausi
01-11-2011, 01:34 AM
We start killing them on the 3.5th one and i bring all down to a manageable amount of hp due to cleave/rend/thunderclap/shockwave spam by myself while tanking al'akir until one assigned dps starts to kill them one by one (a second helps after the fourth or fifth one depending on the required movement during the tornados). This way they won't burn the camp, won't burn the melee and my blood craze proccs all the time.

Predakhan
01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Having an issue with P3 in that the clouds can't be seen only the lightning that spawns and by then it's too late, we're unsure when to move and half the raid dies. Not sure if its a bug or something in the graphical settings we need to change (I have everything on Ultra except shadows, doesn't seem to help. Projected textures are on). Anyone know, or had a similar experience?

I got the same thing last night, after watching the video again it makes a huge difference know when to move and avoiding all damage rather than waiting for the lightning damage to tell you when to move. :(

Slitokor
01-13-2011, 05:41 PM
I got the same thing last night, after watching the video again it makes a huge difference know when to move and avoiding all damage rather than waiting for the lightning damage to tell you when to move. :(

Pred, here you go bud: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdYBlNLULbU
For everyone there is an issue where the clouds despawn if you start from the top and work your way down. After 2 clouds you can fly all the way back up and the top one has despawned. Well me and pred are off to kill Cho'gall and Nefarian tonight :)

soulfiend
01-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Apologies if it's already been covered, but are people finding it easier (on 25 man) to have one tank on boss, another one handling stormlings, and a designated set of dps (im guessing ranged to avoid the added stormling aoe damage) to kill them in the timely fashion to apply the debuff? Seems like you'd have less running around and more time to dps what you need to dps that way. Thoughts?

gacktt
01-16-2011, 09:35 AM
having 2 tanks on 25 is always nice in case the main tank gets hit by a tornado and will die in 5 seconds from electrocute if not taunted off. Also the adds do a pulsing aoe at 5 yards so its good to gather them away from the stacking raid.

PurpleCarp
01-16-2011, 10:06 AM
having 2 tanks on 25 is always nice in case the main tank gets hit by a tornado and will die in 5 seconds from electrocute if not taunted off. Also the adds do a pulsing aoe at 5 yards so its good to gather them away from the stacking raid.

Gacktt is quite right about this. Having 2 on the boss is a great safety net to keep the raid from wiping in case one just happens to die from a tornado or lightning. In this case it's better to be safe than sorry. Very nice vid for Al'Akir though. Fantastic way to approach the encounter and a nice way for someone to study the fight and even have a reminder to look for the holes in the tornadoes...even though that's hard to actually forget...

Cindorella
01-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Buuhuu!

I don't get how people think P1 is the hard part, p2 is some intense healing (Me beeing healer) i just don't get it really. How many stacks of acid rain do you guys have just before you enter p3

gacktt
01-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Buuhuu!

I don't get how people think P1 is the hard part, p2 is some intense healing (Me beeing healer) i just don't get it really. How many stacks of acid rain do you guys have just before you enter p3

If dps is on track he should hit p3 by 11-13 stacks of acid rain, any more and the damage will get too high.

pingus
01-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Hello anyone know the addon name who show the debuff time bar on al akir from the adds you kill ?

Cindorella
01-18-2011, 01:12 PM
If dps is on track he should hit p3 by 11-13 stacks of acid rain, any more and the damage will get too high.

25man ? Woah, we better handle them adds abit better. whinping at 20 stack or something, can't get past P3 atm , 25man that is, guess i gotta heal MOAR.. Or our dps sucks

sha
01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi, I have a small question related to Al'Akir

While I am tanking it and I am out of melee range, besides the fact that I am electrocuted, does the boss hits another player? perhaps the next in threat if he is close to the boss ?

thanks !

Ion
01-19-2011, 03:36 PM
25man ? Woah, we better handle them adds abit better. whinping at 20 stack or something, can't get past P3 atm , 25man that is, guess i gotta heal MOAR.. Or our dps sucks

You need more dps, not more healing. 20 stacks is basically unhealable. It gets pretty rough at about 15 or so...you should really be in p3 by then...if your healers are pro you can go a few more.

To the guy who asked, yes, you can block (and bubble, I think, and cloak) off acid rain.

Nalesean
01-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Sha,

If you're tanking and you move away from the boss, he does not melee anybody else. In fact, he doesn't do anything (cast wind burst, for example) while electrocuting. So if you forsee a bad squall line/wind burst combo as a tank, you back out of range and take the electrocute. A nice combo is electrocute and the Baradin's Wardens mastery/resist trinket's use...

Cindorella
01-21-2011, 04:30 AM
You need more dps, not more healing. 20 stacks is basically unhealable. It gets pretty rough at about 15 or so...you should really be in p3 by then...if your healers are pro you can go a few more.

To the guy who asked, yes, you can block (and bubble, I think, and cloak) off acid rain.

Oh i see. Thanks mate, guess i don't have to feel noobish for not beeing able to heal throught these 18stack tries then. So basically, if you miss an add, you suck? :)

Slitokor
01-21-2011, 11:14 PM
FYI, lol, Cataclysm on Bladefist made a mistake and found out there is a 10 minute enrage timer, just in case anyone loses some peeps and has a tank and 3 healers alive at P3 lol. Thanks Aliena for all the work you put in to helping us not fail in our raids :)

Rhada
01-24-2011, 04:07 AM
Just a question. In P1 there is a combo, wind burst + tornado, how does your tank avoid that combo without link the charge with the other group?

(sorry for my english and thx in advance)

Arrek-Thaurissan
01-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Hello anyone know the addon name who show the debuff time bar on al akir from the adds you kill ?
I'm using Satrina Buff Frames. It was quite quick to make SBF show timer and stacks for the Feedback debuff on the focus frame, which is where I keep the boss.

Gulvak
01-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Is it not possible for the tank to walk htrough Al'Akir to avoid the cyclones? Or is he some weird new unclippable boss, I noticed they did this with some of the vendors and I guess it makes sense they'd do it with a boss.

Charonites
01-27-2011, 04:19 AM
When should our Guild be attempting Al'Akir? We're at 4/12, with Omnotron Defense System on firm farm status, and Halfus Wrymbreaker, Conclave of Wind and Magmaw all been killed. Our Guild is currently wondering where to go next, we're thinking Maloriak and then Theralion and Valiona, but we don't know where Al'Akir would fit into our progression plan..

klausi
01-27-2011, 04:24 AM
Drakes first, then Chimaeron, Atramedes and Maloriak afterwards. Done? Council and then either Cho'gall or Al'Akir but due to the loot i'd recommend Cho'gall. The requirements and learning curve is almost the same.

Charonites
01-27-2011, 04:40 AM
Ah, so its your recommendation to go for Theralion and Valiona, and leave Maloriak until much later on? I heard that he's actually one of the easier bosses, so it's why we was going for him next.. either way, your answer was quite clear that Al'Akir is quite a ways off.

Azshira
01-29-2011, 01:21 AM
Ah, so its your recommendation to go for Theralion and Valiona, and leave Maloriak until much later on? I heard that he's actually one of the easier bosses, so it's why we was going for him next.. either way, your answer was quite clear that Al'Akir is quite a ways off.

Valiona is quite simple really, just co-ordination and movement. Maloriak depends a good bit on your interruption abilities and aoe. However, now he has a 7minute enrage instead of 6minute making the fight cakewalk. Maloriak is the only boss we struggled on and we're 10/12 at the moment.

Anyway on topic again, I find phase 1 a big RNG fest with the knockback and tornadoes generally being the culprits, is there any way to always get through this phase instead of wiping to RNG. Or is RNG a part of the entire encounter, I noticed the same from add spawns in phase 2, they should be made more consistant in my view.

And is it confirmed that after the second cloud is spawned you can move back to the top in P3 or is it the third cloud spawns move up.

Swordguard
02-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Something to note that may be of some help:

It seems to be possible for hunters to disengage out of a twister if they happen to find themselves caught in one for some reason. This can save you from the twister's damage, and may prevent the chain from hitting a second group from being carried into them by the squall line.

Tyraks
02-07-2011, 03:03 AM
A couple other notes from this fight- Hunters are able to avoid moving in to the gap in the tornados by simply jumping off the edge and disengaging back on the platform on the other side. Also, people keep asking about the RNG of the tornados and the wind burst. We have found that if you have a wind burst with a tornado approaching your area, you are better served to run either to or from the tornados, allowing you to stagger when the tornado will reach you from when the wind burst hits. This does mean people need to think 5-10 seconds ahead at all times.

Nalesean
02-09-2011, 11:04 AM
There was a stealth nerf in 4.0.6 for this fight - the p1 chain lightning cones are now 1/2 to 2/3 their original size, much more room for lateral movement to get through squall lines now. As our MT in 25, this is a welcome nerf for a stressful phase, haha.

Garbid
02-09-2011, 08:22 PM
We have been having some problems in the second phase. Even with stormlings executed correctly we keep getting too many stacks of acid rain. We bunch up everyone in front of him at that time and melee have been making a note of him parrying a lot. Is it viable to split grp into 2 ? Ranged and tank on 1 side (6 o'clock) and melee more to the back (2 o'clock) ? stormling tank between maybe, or just the ranged+healers between ?

Also thought I'd give a few tips I've learned through all our wipes so far, hope they help (feel free to refute them if I'm bullshitting):
When you get combination of knockback+tornado coming your way, one tends to strafe left or right to hit the hole just before the knockback, or so that you can recover from the knockback and then hit the hole. And to reduce chaining dmg, every melee stands at max melee range so there is less risk of chaining. Same goes with other grps. If they see that the group next to them needing to deal with this combo, they can strafe a few steps also to give them more levay.

wowaddict29
02-15-2011, 03:17 PM
My group is pretty pro at surviving phase 1. Phase 2 is what is giving us trouble.. What is a good way to keep the stacks up on the boss? We can get to 5 or 6 before it starts dropping off. We've tried saving 2 or 3 at the start so we have some leway, but trying to heal the tank through this and acid rain and eletrocute becomes too much pretty fast. Do you just dps them down as fast as you can?

Indoril
02-16-2011, 03:51 AM
What is a good way to keep the stacks up on the boss? We can get to 5 or 6 before it starts dropping off. We've tried saving 2 or 3 at the start so we have some leway, but trying to heal the tank through this and acid rain and eletrocute becomes too much pretty fast.

No matter how many you save at the beggining, the most important part is to make your dps understand(this is the tricky part) that all their damage comes from correct stormling killing. Starting to kill adds a bit after 3rd one spawns is very useful, since it gives an adequate time buffer for you to work with.

What we do is always mark one with skull (the one that must die) let the ranged weaken every new add to 50%, and everyone assist on klling them on time. Pop hero/lust at 7-8 stacks and do not tunnelvision, keep on managing adds even then.

I don't understand why your tank takes electrocute damage though, it should be only briefly (1-2 seconds) if he has to move to the edge to avoid a squall line, where he can also pop a CD to minimize damage taken (TB resist trinket works wonders here).

Hope it helps you, good luck

Reg
02-17-2011, 01:02 AM
If you miss the debuff in phase 3 here is what you can do:

Start all the way in the bottom.
When cloud 1 and 2 comes, move a little up (as in the video)
On cloud 3, move all the way to the top.
Cloud 4 and 5, move a little down.
Cloud 6, move all the way down. The first three clouds have despawned by then.

Repeat this and the only enrage time to worry about is the ten-minute (?) one.

Tested to work on 10m.

Fetzie
02-17-2011, 01:06 AM
We start at the top, go down three times then go back to the top again.

Reg
02-17-2011, 02:10 AM
Then you have to go through clouds and take damage :) If you do what I posted there will be no damage from clouds...

Pers3us
02-22-2011, 02:28 AM
They change the cloud pre-animation on this for phase 3?

Pavidus
02-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Going to go in for our first pulls on him tonight. One thing I haven't seen anywhere online is, does he need to be tanked in Phase 3 or is he actually just "channeling" the entire phase? Looks like he's channeling, and therefore doesn't need to be tanked in the video.

Otherwise, everything seems very straightforward.

Indoril
02-24-2011, 03:30 AM
@pavidus
He doesn't melee in ph 3, so your tank should go all out and dps.
If played correctly, that phase has little to no potential of killing anyone until the healers oom. Good luck

Yoakie
03-08-2011, 02:17 PM
The best advise I can give guilds that struggle with this encounter is to have good coordination and have people active and calling out stuff on ventrillo/teamspeak.

This fight is a lot about coordination and less about doing good DPS. We used the following tricks and tips to master this encounter:

Assignments
Have 5 groups with each 1 healer (mt group has 2 healers). Assign raidmarkers and let everyone stand in 5 groups around the boss. (There is a good guide about this at http://25man.com/cata-guides/al-akir . This guide is generally very good for people that need to master this encounter)

For phase 2:
Assign attleast 4 ranged DPS on Stormlings (together with 1 tank). Kill one stormling and debuff Al Akir. You have 20 seconds to kill another stormling and refresh the debuff. Have one person do a countdown from 10 to 1 on ventrillo so everyone can help and time the kill of the Stormling. Trust me this works wonders!!

The math behind 4 Ranged
Average Ranged DPS in an average guilde in phase 2 = 13k
20 seconds of DPS is = 20 x 13k = 260K
Stormling has around 1 million hp => so 4 ranged are needed to be sure for the kill
If the add goes down to fast => 1 ranged can back off

In phase 3:
You should stack up and mark the raidleader. This ensures everyone knows where to stand. call out for the person who has the lightning bomb.

Felycitas
04-23-2011, 01:13 PM
As a tank for this fight, what trinkets do I want to focus on?

Avoidance, Stamina, or Resistance?

Daimon
05-22-2011, 09:26 PM
This is the last fight we need, and for issues in time we only try it in 10m, we're pushing Halfus in HM in 25m, etc, but there is no way in hell that we manage to survive p3 in Al'akir, after the 1st cloud, even with everybody alive and topped, is just a cluster fuck, we stack in p3 and the rod guy strifes to a side. We started going all the way up, and the windburst sends ppl in every direction and having them all re-stacked is like a moon landing, then we tried going down and instead of up, with the same result, is there any way to make this easier for the 3d impaired? Is driving me crazy. We found that Nef is actually easier in 25m than 10m, let along Chogal, should we push this in 25m too? The crap loot plus the 3D environment makes ppl hates this fight and hardly there is a good incentive to do it beyond the 1st kill. Any help is welcome.

Edit: Wrongly we all thought the electric effect of the cloud was the cloud itself, which is not, the graphic of the real cloud happens few seconds before, when the electric effect happens is already too late, shoot me now. He's dead... 1 shot /cry.