PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Elementium Deathplate

illinivb7
12-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Do people feel this is worth crafting for fury compared to the JP chest?

After looking at the stats and with how high hit/crit are for us it seems a sidegrade at best to me. Wondering on others thoughts since it is a str upgrade still it seems.

Martie
12-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Unless you are very rich and/or very serious about raiding, I wouldn't buy it.

It's an upgrade, but a very expensive upgrade. Just so you know.

boogi
12-25-2010, 01:28 AM
I for one don't find this piece of gear to be very expensive but instead my problems with it lies else where. If we where just comparing the crafted chest to the JP chest it would be an minor upgrade but I for one have to take my Jewelcrafting gems into consideration. Since the crafted chest doesn't have gem slots it would be hard for me to meet the requirements to get more blue than red gems for the Chaotic meta since I still want to use the JC strength gems (which probably is a dps loss for me atm but we can only do so many JC dailies).

Edgewalker
12-25-2010, 07:55 PM
I for one don't find this piece of gear to be very expensive but instead my problems with it lies else where. If we where just comparing the crafted chest to the JP chest it would be an minor upgrade but I for one have to take my Jewelcrafting gems into consideration. Since the crafted chest doesn't have gem slots it would be hard for me to meet the requirements to get more blue than red gems for the Chaotic meta since I still want to use the JC strength gems (which probably is a dps loss for me atm but we can only do so many JC dailies).

I would expect this will be changed in about 2-3 weeks.

illinivb7
12-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Even when ignoring meta requirements with 40str and 40 hit gems :

Raging fury - 212 more hit
Elementium Deathplate - 39 str, 16 crit, 228 mastery

Obviously you can reforge for some hit but with the way hit is valued I was not sure the leftover mastery/39 str would outweight the hit on raging fury for a noticeable dps gain. I am a smith and have the mats for it so im not worried about cost if im incorrect and that str/crit/mastery gain will be a noticeable increase.

mallevolent
01-10-2011, 06:08 AM
For what its worth, I made one, equipped it, but after doing some comparison I wear the JP chest instead.

Like the poster below me illustrates, including gems, the ONLY thing you get from this chest is a bunch of useless mastery and you lose a ton of hit, even with reforging.

Zaitochi
01-10-2011, 03:04 PM
For fury it would be better go with the JP chest, if you were arms the Deathplate might be better due to mastery for arms.

TheBigApe
01-18-2011, 08:57 AM
i hear they're adding gemslots for the crafted chest...

gacktt
01-18-2011, 10:40 PM
4piece epic pvp set beats out 4 piece non-set PVE epic. Go with that.

Nighthorror
01-19-2011, 10:10 AM
4piece epic pvp set beats out 4 piece non-set PVE epic. Go with that.
this is not true you loose way to many stats with the resil on the pvp gear to make it worthwhile. while certian pieces are better like the gloves most are not worth the stat lose you get.

Until the tier chest Elementium Deathplate is really good due to the amount of str on the chest and with a added socket in next patch it will be even better. that said I will be replacing it with the Tier chest as soon as i get it.