PDA

View Full Version : PST - Episode 9

Lore
12-24-2010, 02:37 PM
7l51PVqOjjU

Questions answered this week:

How do I deal with cliques?
Is Ret DPS just bad?
What do I do when people just aren't leveling?

and more!

Follow me on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/devolore) | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/devolore)

Kreol
12-24-2010, 06:37 PM
To your last question, thank you. I got a buddy that played a female troll in vanilla. His response that that question was "If I'm gonna stare at someones ass all day, it's gonna be a chicks."

Nightwisher
12-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Lol. Your defense on the subject is strong... but the pink unicorn in the background is hurting your case.

DisRuptive1
12-25-2010, 12:37 AM
I play female toons as well. However, the reason I chose to do it is because most people play male characters. I like having some uniqueness and being a female blood elf (or orc or tauren) sets me apart from the many male blood elves (or orcs or taurens).

Rund
12-25-2010, 02:38 AM
Omg, only my main is a male, all my other toons are female! Am i one of "those" people now?! xD

Gosamer
12-25-2010, 12:21 PM
IMO, it would be more gay to play a BE dude then playing a chick. Due to the fact that BE dudes just dont look right....

reepicheep37
12-25-2010, 01:06 PM
lol I love the blood elf comment at the end. Bravo, sir.

Rennadrel
12-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Hey my male Blood Elf Paladin looks pretty badass!

Anyway, I am not fond of Retribution in it's current state. Mastery is terrible, yet a lot of gear has it. I found that focusing on doing good damage through the rotation and keeping abilities like Inquisition up was hurting my survivability in heroics. Damage seems to be middle of the road, if anything I think Mages got screwed with thus far in terms of how much damage they are dealing in raids, though Frost is still stupidly OP in PvP. I wouldn't call Death Knights overpowered, if you suggest that then you might as well say that Feral druids are overpowered too because they are doing insane DPS in raids too. I have been pushing almost 7 million damage on my DK as Frost single target with a slightly lower ilvl then the Ret Paladins in my guild that raid who are doing about the same amount of damage. Too much micromanaging, too much ramp up time and poor defensive abilities make us lousy in competitive PvP teams, healing won't do much to help others and we lack the mobility we once had.

Brent
12-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I like to play draeney and nelf females - I like the way they move and look, plus they fit on Kharazan's secret entrance, whereas their male counterparts do not! Whereas, for humans, I prefer males (ah.... I also like orc males!)

I also LOVE the pink Unicorn way too much!

And I also happen to love ckicks, especially lovely, interesting ones and almost as much as the pink unicorn.

Question is: Shall I consider a sex operation before I go raiding?

Now a bit more seriously, Lore, nice selection of questions and well replied ALL, keep it up!
:)

Sylvaneart
12-27-2010, 07:40 AM
I LOL'ed when your dog kept coming in. He wanted some time with daddy.

Poonani
12-28-2010, 12:48 AM
My Ret Pala (lvl 83 w/ reasonable gear), DPS is terrible. So terrible i suspect there is something wrong. With 3 stacks of holy power my Templars Verdict hits for (and no you won't believe me) 600. Not 600k not 600 Million, just 600. I can totally pwn deers in Elwyn Forest...almost.

I wrote to customer support to draw their attention to the small matter of my dps in dungeons being 1.6k and they replied "This is where Blizzard wants Paladins to be at the moment". Where exactly is that i wondered? Being kicked from pugs so often I don't even play the class anymore?

Do I sound annoyed? Haha of course not. Why would spending months leveling a character that becomes useless be annoying? My DPS was 4-5k in WOTLK btw, with moderate 5-man heroic gear.

Nightwisher
12-28-2010, 01:40 AM
@Poonani

I seem to recall Lore saying that Blizzard is in fact looking into the dps problem for ret paladins. You shouldn't really be too annoyed with it. There were bound to be a few kinks to work out when cata came out, especially with all the changes they made. It just so happened that the class put in que this time for balancing was paladins.

In the meantime, you could do what other players do when they can't play thier class, be it a nerf, boredom, or just for kicks. Make a new character. Try raising a tank from scratch. As a warrior vet I'd suggest trying warrior as a class. It's very very boring at the start (at least when I was leveling mine in the BC age...) but eventually it does get fairly enjoyable. You never have to worry about running out of mana. EVER. Lol.

AMCope
12-29-2010, 03:43 AM
Great episode man. It also got some notice from Blizz, they are fixing Ret Pally soon.

sodapopp
01-04-2011, 02:45 PM
i'm with you 3d polygon hot chick loving people :P i play a female toon because if i'm gonna spend many hours playing this game, i might as well look at what resembles a hot chick. that's just me though... beside, they look great in fan art!

Poonani
01-05-2011, 01:34 AM
@Poonani

I seem to recall Lore saying that Blizzard is in fact looking into the dps problem for ret paladins. You shouldn't really be too annoyed with it. There were bound to be a few kinks to work out when cata came out, especially with all the changes they made. It just so happened that the class put in que this time for balancing was paladins.

In the meantime, you could do what other players do when they can't play thier class, be it a nerf, boredom, or just for kicks. Make a new character. Try raising a tank from scratch. As a warrior vet I'd suggest trying warrior as a class. It's very very boring at the start (at least when I was leveling mine in the BC age...) but eventually it does get fairly enjoyable. You never have to worry about running out of mana. EVER. Lol.

Thanks for your suggestions, but you're preaching to the converted. I have other classes to play, and do. I'm not annoyed at Ret Pala nerf, but having customer support assure me 'this is where Blizzard wants paladins' is a teency bit patronizing. No attempt to advise me with gear, rotation, etc. How can a big nuke on a lvl 83 DPS class hit for 600? It sometimes doesn't even hit at all (no it's not missing - just 0 damage). It doesn't take a genius to see there's something wrong here. When you write in to Blizz and say "My ret pala hits for 600, that seems wrong" and have a reply that basically says "Yes we want ret palas to hit for 600, we feel this is useful and totally in line with our goals for the class." You start thinking these people are not really listening to their customers...the beginning of the end for any business.