PDA

View Full Version : Rogue help a poor rogue out

shawnbe
12-22-2010, 08:26 PM
i need some help my main problem is that my rotation sucks im only doing 6000 DPS in heroics and 8000 in regulars. I'm using a assassination spec
http://www.wowhead.com/profile=us.stormreaver.sinn%C3%ABr
i fell like a three year old in front of my guildys.

Jekerdud
01-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Spec & armory link would help first. Need more info other than just "help me plz"

Nayre
01-03-2011, 04:52 AM
Also helpful would be for which spec you want advice on, since the three specs play drastically differently from one another.

kaempf
01-10-2011, 09:42 AM
As an assassination rogue your rotation should consist of opening with garrote, starting up a slice and dice, then switching between 4-5 CP ruptures and envenoms. While your target is above 35% health use mutilate to generate CP, 35% or below you use backstab if you have the talent that reduces the energy cost on targets below 35% health...

I looked at your items and you should try to find a 1.8 weapon speed main hand. Considering that your backstab/envenom/eviscerate and most of your other attacks besides shiv/mutilate use your main hand weapon a slower higher end dps range of a 1.8 dagger yields more dps then two 1.4 weapons. Also considering that a large portion of an assassination rogues damage comes from your poisons make sure that poisons are up and all available talents to increase poison damage are taken.

Deadly and instant poison can only be applied a certain number of times per minute so the slower main-hand weapon should have instant poison on it with deadly applied to the off-hand weapon. Poisons count towards spell hit rating as well so if you are missing a lot during fights consider reforging to up your hit rating.

I've hit 20k dps in normal dungeons and consistently pull 12-15k in heroics and raiding with only a 347 item level...

Cerealkillr
01-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Looking at your toon, you have been reforging into expertise, you should not, you do not need it as assassination, you should be mostly attacking from behind, combat uses more expertise than Assassination. Reforge all that expertise back into either hit or Mastery. Your hit is decent, so you should reforge mastery when you can, and hit when you cannot.
You have a bunch of PVP gear, Resilience does nothing for you in PVE, change those when you can. Get a better main hand weapon, 1.8 speed. Enchant your weapons with Hurricane.
Enchant some of your gear, legs, wrists, shoulders. Change the expertise on your gloves to mastery. Change your cloak enchant to agility, it is better than haste.

Your build is incorrect as well, you should be using something more like this.. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#fcIfzsMdoGo0bZbhc

Change your prime S&D glyph to Backstab, and use that below 35% up to 5cp.

If you make those changes and follow some of the other advise with rotations, you should see a nice improvement.

Cerealkillr

swollenpickles
01-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Not sure if it was bugged or not, but when I looked at your link it appeared as though you had 39 expertise. If that's accurate you can afford to reforge quite a bit into mastery or haste (depending on whats available to you).

aranor
02-02-2011, 02:14 PM
As an assassination rogue your rotation should consist of opening with garrote, starting up a slice and dice, then switching between 4-5 CP ruptures and envenoms.

I agree with this for the most part, however with the venomous wounds talent it is now better to garrote, rupture with the combo point from the garrote, then getting SnD up and continuing as you described. At this point, we really want maximum rupture uptime due to the energy procs -- the number of combo points used on the rupture doesn't matter so much, just keep it up.

While your target is above 35% health use mutilate to generate CP, 35% or below you use backstab if you have the talent that reduces the energy cost on targets below 35% health...

Murderous Intent, the talent he describes, is pretty much mandatory and is responsible for a large (somewhere around 14%) damage increase in what is usually the burn down phase of a fight.