PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Bang for buck abilities?

Pinknpoofy
12-22-2010, 04:44 PM
ok im leveling up a new warrior and trying to figure out some sort of rotation *will also like to know if there is a list of threat generation for abilities like in old days*
mainly asking cause some of our abilities dont have numbers attached
Strike
Heroic Strike
Devastate
Shield Slam
Revenge
Thunder Clap
Slam

Assumptions, built for tanking *prot spec, prot stance*
rage not an issue, lets say they all available for 1 hit

whats the listing for amount of damage inflicted?

MellvarTank
12-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Shield Slam>Revenge>Heroic Strike (rage permitting)>Devastate.

(This is more of a priority system than a rotation.)

Don't look at damage, look at threat. Don't assume infinite rage, because that doesn't happen until you raid.

Pinknpoofy
12-22-2010, 05:59 PM
well im soloing/questing/leveling and trying to figure out some sort of combination to use
for example basic plan at moment is charge-rend-TC-DevastateX3-???
i throw a revenge or shield slam in if they fire *have the talents to make them special*
wanting to know damage since threat totally irrelevant at this point

however thank you for the list above as i would assume thats a threat/tanking priority system

captanmurdoc
12-22-2010, 10:29 PM
i noticed you list strike on your list, its basically useless so i wouldnt worry about working it in. damage wise for AoE packs rend and thunder clap add up alot of damage while throwing in a revenge and cleave when you can and a shockwave after 3 thunder claps. Single target rend and thunder clap only to during free GCD or to refresh your rend. Shock wave after 3 TC and keep HS on cd if possible while hitting every single Shield slam, Revenge and Concussion blow you can. devastate as needed. absolute hardest hitting damage wise attack for AoE is shockwave with 3 thunderclaps prior to stack up the buff for it. Hardest hitting single target is Shield Slam, especially if you hit shield block first.

after all that though i agree with mellvar. no need to worry about damage really, even while soloing, and worry more about threat.

Malloy
12-23-2010, 02:49 AM
If you plan on doing dungeons/raids you might as well practice using the abilities you have as though you were in an instance/raid, that way you can work on getting the muscle memory worked in for your rotation or priority system. So, I'd use the advice for the priorities already posted, but remember, if you are solo leveling, to use Victory Rush after every kill as its really the most efficient heal warriors have.