PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Ascendant Council

Aliena
12-22-2010, 12:59 PM
dQSkOh_6ksg

Hello and welcome to the TankSpot Bastion of Twilight Raid Guide! My name is Aliena, and in this video I'll show you everything you have to know about the Ascendant Council, the third encounter in this new raid instance. We completed this fight with 2 tanks, 6 healers and 17 DPS, but similar raid configurations may work just as well.

The council is a three-phase encounter and you face a total of 5 opponents. In the first phase, you're up against Ignacious, a fire elemental Ascendant Lord, and Feludius, an ice elemental Ascendant Lord. In the second phase, you face off against Arion, who's an air elemental Ascendant Lord and Terrastra, an earth elemental Ascendant Lord. In the third phase, all four entities combine into an Elementium Monstrosity, which combines all four elements in one.

While the first two phases require near perfect execution, the third phase is definitely a soft enrage DPS test. As soon as one Lord in both phase 1 & 2 hits 25%, you'll trigger the next phase, but you want to make sure both Lords are equally low before doing this each time, as the Elementium Monstrosity starts out with a combined amount of health of all four lords. In short, getting all four Lords as close to 25% as you can gives you the best chance of defeating this encounter.

Ignacious and Feludius will be your first opponents, and as you can probably tell as soon as you engage them, their abilities are meant to counter each other.
Ignacious should be tanked on one side of the room, surrounded by a tank and melee, while Feludius should be tanked away from the raid, with ranged raid members loosely spread out across the room.

This is because of one of Feludius' abilities - Glaciate, which deals Frost damage to your entire raid but deals less damage the further away you are from him. As such, your ranged raid members should be assigned to DPS him while your melee are safe on Ignacious.

You'll soon notice that each Lord occasionally puts a debuff on random raid members - Feludius has Heart of Ice and Ignacious has Burning Blood. These deal increasing damage to the target but are very vital to the fight, as they give nearby raid members a buff that increases their damage done to the opposing Lord. Players with Burning Blood should make sure to run through the ranged raid members to give them increased damage on Feludius, and players with Heart of Ice need to join the melee pile to give them increased damage on Ignacious. These can be dispelled, but you should give it 10-20 seconds before doing so.

Heart of Ice is especially important whenever Ignacious is about to cast his most devastating ability - Aegis of Flame. This gives him a shield that absorbs a million damage and he'll start channeling Rising Flames, which deals increasing fire damage to every raid member. To interrupt Rising Flames, his shield needs to be burned down asap. Letting too many ticks of rising Flames go off can easily result in a raid wipe. If needed, have ranged help out with the shield, but make sure they go right back to Feludius afterwards so you bring their health down equally.

Ignacious will also occasionally leap at a ranged target, which knocks everyone around the impact point away. On his way back to his tank, he'll leave a trail of flame on the ground. While I always preach not to stand in the flames, this one is actually USEFUL. This is why: Feludius has a Waterbomb ability, which basically looks like small water missiles flying through the air. When they hit a raid member, he'll get a Waterlogged debuff which reduces movement speed.

Running through Ignacious' flame trail clears the waterlogged debuff and NEEDS to be done by everyone affected. Shortly after casting the Waterbombs, Feludius will cast aforementioned Glaciate, and any player that still has a Waterlogged debuff at that time will get frozen in an ice block and take extreme amounts of damage. This is healable, but it's not something you want to happen.

Feludius' last ability is Hydrolance, which deals big single target damage to a random target and should be interrupted. Make sure your ranged raid members and the Feludius tank watch out for this. Ignacious' last ability is Flame Torrent, which is a channeled cone AoE spell that deals major damage. To counter this, don't be in front of his face unless you're the tank.

To recap: In phase 1, interrupt Rising Flames by burning down the Aegis,power up your raid members appropriately by running near them when you have a debuff and clear Waterlogged debuff by running through the flame trail. Once you get one Lord to 25%, the next phase will trigger. It's vital that both Lords hit 25% at about the same time.

Phase 2 will greet you with Arion and Terrastra, which also have mechanics that counter each other. Ranged raid members are more effective on Arion, as he likes to teleport around the room, so leave your melee on Terrastra. As soon as the fight starts, Arion will summon a cyclone that'll move through the room and Terrastra will summon a gravity well. Hitting the cyclone will give you a sort of levitate, while standing in the gravity well will give you a grounded debuff and clear your levitate.

Both of these are very important as both Arion and Terrastra have very devastating ultimate abilities that deal about 100k damage. They'll alternate in casting these about once per minute. Terrastra has Quake, which can be countered by getting Levitate from the cyclone and Arion has Thundershock, which is cancelled by getting grounded from the gravity well. If you don't have the right debuff at the time either of these are cast, you're very likely to die. The wells and cyclones are summoned in random spots around the room and like to move on top of each other, so make sure to get the appropriate debuff early. They always alternate in their casts - so if you just survived a Quake, get grounded to survive the impending Thunderstorm.

There's one exception to the "get the debuff as soon as possible"-rule, and it's called Lightning Rod. Arion will randomly bestow 3 players with this debuff, and they'll have a yellow arrow over their heads. Players with Lightning Rods need to get out of the raid immediately and hug a wall away from anyone else, since Arion will cast Chain Lightning at anyone affected with Lightning Rod after 15 seconds. If any Lightning Rod is still near people at that time, you'll probably have a few deaths.

If you have Lightning Rod and it comes down to having the choice between being near anyone else or not getting your appropriate grounded or levitate debuff, always leave the raid. You can survive a Quake or Thundershock, but if you're firing off a Chain Lightning in the raid, there will be deaths.

Almost as important is Terrastra's Harden Skin ability, which makes him deal double damage and take half damage. This cast can and should be interrupted whenever possible, but if you fail to do so, have your ranged help out on Terrastra to burn his shield down. Lastly, Terrastra will occasionally cast Eruption, which will look like a few spikes burrowing in the ground, and after a few seconds the spikes will impale anyone still in the area for about 50k. Melee should be aware of this, although it's not the end of the world to get hit by it.

Again, the goal in phase two is to bring both Lords to 25% at the same time. If you execute this right, your Elementium Monstrosity should rise up with about 25% health left, which translates to approximately 18 million health.

Phase 3 is the burn phase and any kind of bloodlust should be saved for this. The Monstrosity will consistently spawn water puddles at his feet that kinda work like Defile on the Lich King, except the puddles expand when the Monstrosity stands in them, not your raid members. Aim to keep the Monstrosity towards the middle of the room so your casters don't have to consistently move to keep up with it. The middle area will be covered in puddles at the end, but that way you get the most DPS on it.

Throughout the whole phase, the Monstrosity will use Electric Instability, which is basically a chain lightning that deals more damage the longer the phase goes on. Eventually, your raid will just die to this, so you need to kill the Monstrosity before Electric Instability becomes overwhelming.

It has two more abilities that it'll use occasionally - Lava Seed and Gravity Crush. Lava Seed looks like little flares of fire hitting the ground, and shortly after they do so they'll explode in a little fire patch. This is the bad kinda fire. Don't stand in it.

Gravity Crush will lift 3 players up into the air and trap them in a gravity bubble. They cannot act during this and will take major damage in the bubble, so healers need to concentrate on them. When released, they'll fall to the ground and also take fall damage when they hit it. It's easy to let people die in this but important not to, with current gear level you need every bit of DPS you can get.

If you have enough DPS to defeat the Monstrosity before your raid collapses, it's more or less a tank&spank phase. This might sound like a complex encounter, but since the abilities all play off of each other, it'll be a lot easier once you engage it. Good luck and have fun!

menno
12-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Nice video and gratz for the kill!

systemchok
12-22-2010, 03:28 PM
you keep improving...i really like the new focus on viewing through the whole fight after explaining all the mechanics tbh....very helpful indeed...still this boss seems like a block for a lot of ppl i would say

oh and the resumé with the cartoonhero was just awesome....more of that plx :)

Aliena
12-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks! I think if anything's a block in BoT, this is. The DPS requirement on 25m was harsh, we spent a night wiping at sub-2% consistently until we kept him in the middle, which allowed us to crank out that last bit.

systemchok
12-22-2010, 04:13 PM
i like this expansion tbh...everything is more about tactic than a gearblock....maybe chimeron for healers but other than that great....it makes more sense tbh....btw i see you do both 10 and 25....do you practice in 10 first and then say ok we can do this in 25 better or what´s the reason about the different setups (10/25)

tehownerer
12-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Will the chain lightning or gravity bubble ever target tanks?

zebrahed
12-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Wowhead shows glaciate as a 200,000 dmg value spell, I'm assuming from the dead center of it.

Should the tanks be moving out when he casts as well? Whereas the fire elemental tank is supposed to just take the flamethrower attack.

Brugga
12-23-2010, 11:00 AM
As a melee I as having a lot of trouble in p3 when he drops the water pools, I just couldn't seem to find the right distance to attack him while staying out of the pools as he has a tiny hitbox. Anyone else encounter this problem?

Aliena
12-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Wowhead shows glaciate as a 200,000 dmg value spell, I'm assuming from the dead center of it.

Should the tanks be moving out when he casts as well? Whereas the fire elemental tank is supposed to just take the flamethrower attack.

We had the tank move out a little bit for the glaciate, but I don't think it's 200000 honestly. I'm really reluctant to put numbers on anything atm since they seem a bit off. Regardless, if the tank moves a bit when he sees Glaciate casts it means less damage taken, which is always good.

Fetzie
12-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Glaciate does extremely high values of damage when you don't move, my record as of 30 minutes ago was 3.7 million damage before overkill and resist.

gacktt
12-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Glaciate insta kills you when you're near the large glowing aoe within 8 yards of the boss. If you're 10 yards from the boss it does about 35k, ideally you'll only take 20k from distance + 187 resist. Heroic leap out and it does 10k.

The final burn phase is pretty painful on 10man even with a perfect 25%/24%, this is the first time in a long time we struggled with a DPS check, either that or we should gkick the 2 melee and just get 5 ranged for a much easier kill.

Fetzie
12-27-2010, 06:57 AM
We were also having a lot of trouble with the ten man soft enrage in P3. we started losing people to chain lightning and the bubble at around 1500k, our best attempt was at around 900k hp left. Does anyone know how long you effectively have for P3 before the chain lightning becomes unhealable?

Also the tanks need to really watch out for the tornados in P2, last night I took two hits from the spikes and two melee swings from Terrestra In just under a second - around 130k damage.

What should the second tank do in P3? hang around the edge of the room and hope that chain lightning hits him and doesn't chain to the raid?

Additionally, either have a tank paladin or a ranged dps ready to interrupt the first "frost bolt" after glaciate as the melee interrupters might not manage to get back into melee range to stop it going through.

gacktt
12-27-2010, 10:43 AM
The earth guy spams knockbacks every 1 second on the tank midway to the point that I'm swearing in anger on how completely idiotic and retarded he is, how can you heroic leap 1 yard away from a tornado then be punted 20 times in a row and miss the buff? I usually save my shield wall because he will do that at least once or twice.

Paperplate
12-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Will the chain lightning or gravity bubble ever target tanks?

He won't target tanks with lightning but the tank not tanking in the last phase can get targeted with the bubble.

fgicon
01-03-2011, 01:56 AM
Hi,

We are having some issue with Ignicious as he sometimes decides not to jump and leave us without fire to remove de Felodius debuff... Is there any other requirement that having people at range?

Thanks

fgicon
01-04-2011, 07:55 AM
Hi,

We are having some issue with Ignicious as he sometimes decides not to jump and leave us without fire to remove de Felodius debuff... Is there any other requirement that having people at range?

Thanks

Forget it, they just fixed that.

It seems that when one of the 3 farthest people were less than 20 yards from Ignicious and he was selected then the leap CD was lost.

kcbak
01-12-2011, 09:00 PM
hi! our guild did a different approach for p2 and its much faster and easier.
1.) get tornado buff
2.) clump at mid
3.) zerg 2 adds lol

if earthquake is casted on the clump just side step. we just eat 2 storms which is tbh really easily healable.

try it you'll be amazed how the fight turns into a joke. GL!

Khue
01-13-2011, 10:04 PM
On 25m, I am having issues with Ignacious. His flame torrent is ravaging me for 66k with 17k resisted. I am carrying approximately 189k hp and it just seems that healers cannot keep up with torrent. While I can easily sw through one of the torrents the other ones are just ripping me down faster then my healers can keep up. Externals may be the answer but that is very tough to do from a coordination standpoint. Is anyone else running into this situation? The frequency of the mechanic doesn't seem to merit the use of constant cds.

iots
01-14-2011, 01:10 AM
The majority of the tankdeaths on Ignacious were after shieldphase and when he was buffed that his flametorrent actually did alot more damage, which i hope you are referring to since normal damage flametorrent shouldnt be a problem for your healers. We made our tank us his cooldowns after first shield phase(when he gets his +firedmgdone buff through the casting of his aoe), and priest cd' (guardians) for the next ones, usually got 2-3 with each p1 so it worked out fine with just few cooldowns. And it made them be up again for p3.

Khue
01-15-2011, 11:15 AM
I don't see anywhere in the notes where Aegis of Flames is actually applying a buff. This would probably be great information to add. What is the name of the buff Ignacious gains? I blacklist most buffs/debuffs (hide them except the ones that are important).

Lvb
01-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Great video thanks

Noodlestein
01-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the vid, it helps out quite a bit :)
Oh, and the drawings in the video make me giggle.

Jyl
01-19-2011, 03:52 AM
Can anyone confirm that Frost Imbued and Flame Imbued, can and will overwrite each other?
Meaning, if you are "Flame Imbued" and someone with Heart of Ice paths close by, will you lose your Flame Imbued buff and gain Frost imbued?
I think this happened to me on one occasion last night, but I can't be 100% sure since it was just once that this happened.

priestoz
01-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Does anyone know, if Electric Instability will do less damage if you spread out? If yes, what the range?

Vaengence
01-19-2011, 09:27 PM
The two most recent questions I have just made posts on our forums dealing with them so I will copy my responses here for anyone else interested.

Can anyone confirm that Frost Imbued and Flame Imbued, can and will overwrite each other?
Meaning, if you are "Flame Imbued" and someone with Heart of Ice paths close by, will you lose your Flame Imbued buff and gain Frost imbued?
I think this happened to me on one occasion last night, but I can't be 100% sure since it was just once that this happened. Yes it does,..

From my analysis it appears to work thus:

1. Flame Imbued & Frost Imbued have a set maximum duration of 30 seconds unless refreshed
2. If a player receives one of the buffs while already having the other one they will overwrite each other.
3. Once the buff is received it will not fall off unless you receive the alternate buff, or the full 30 second duration has passed.

Following the above, and taking into account the melee want Frost Imbued and the ranged want Flame Imbued, whoever has Flame Imbued must be dispelled first. The reason for this is that if the person with [Heart of Ice] (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82667) buffs the melee then is dispelled and then the person with [Burning Blood] (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82660) was melee and buffing the casters and runs back into the melee before being dispelled, he will overwrite all the melee buffs with Flame Imbued which is useless to them.

I would say we should dispell [Burning Blood] (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82660) at ~ 8 seconds and [Heart of Ice] (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82667) at ~ 12 seconds and telling whoever has [Heart of Ice] (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82667) not to leave the melee group until theirs is gone. As long as people did the running around to buff this should give the entire raid their respective buffs for the maximum period possible.

and;

Does anyone know, if Electric Instability will do less damage if you spread out? If yes, what the range? I have not been able to test the range at which it jumps but so far I have worked out:

Once Phase 3 begins, the Elementium Monstrosity will begin casting [Electric Instability] (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=92480) which will be cast every second for the entirety of phase 3. The Monstrosity begins casting this on a single target and each individual cast has the capacity to jump up to 4 addition times.

This means that if everyone is stacked, 5 people will be ht by each cast at a constant damage of between 10.5 and 13k damage each. This will only jump to nearby people so if it hits a ranged standing alone it will hit only one person.

The number of casts however increases throughout phase 3 occuring every 20 seconds. 20 seconds after the start of phase 3 he will cast an additional [Electric Instability] (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=92480) simultaneously bring the total number of people that can be hit (if stacking) to 10 every second. Once again if the two he targets are both standing alone it will only hit twice - instead of 10 times every second. 40 seconds after the start of phase 3 he will up it again and cast on 3 random targets bringing the total that can be chained to 15.

His 20 second increase in base cast seems stable and continuous, the damage each one does seems constant and the maximum number of "jumps" will never exceed 4 in addition to the targeted person (5 hit at once total).

As I said the range that it can jump I am not so certain about but it is clear that the more spread the raid the less damage.

[Electric Instability] (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=92480) will only target ranged provided a minimum number are at ranged in order to prevent lots of chaining with melee. It can however be chained into the melee if the person hit has a line of people nearby into the melee. This should mean that the only real damage outside of the Gravity Prison is the blue circles on the gound which is I suppose to make up for the fact you cant's stand still.

kukuluku
01-20-2011, 10:45 AM
hey i'm a warrior tank with item lvl 354 but i barely survive the flame imbued ability of ignacious, should the healers just heal trough it?

Squishei
01-20-2011, 10:55 AM
I don't see anywhere in the notes where Aegis of Flames is actually applying a buff. This would probably be great information to add. What is the name of the buff Ignacious gains? I blacklist most buffs/debuffs (hide them except the ones that are important).

The aegis is just his shield that absorbs 1 million damage that needs to be broken through. The fire damage buff is actually from rising flames. Every time one tick goes off he gains a fire % increase that lasts for an extra 5-10 after interrupted. The quicker you interrupt rising flames the less stacks and that could be the problem with getting gibbed by flame torrent.

Jakhammer
01-20-2011, 02:28 PM
hey i'm a warrior tank with item lvl 354 but i barely survive the flame imbued ability of ignacious, should the healers just heal trough it?

No - your DPS needs to step it up, simply put. There is no reason not to be able to burn through the Aegis within 2 ticks of the AoE.

Tick 1: 1 stack
Tick 2: 3 stacks
Tick 3: 6 stacks
Tick 4: 10 stacks
Tick 5: 15 stacks
Tick 6: I don't know, and I'm happy for that. I nearly shat myself when we hit 4 ticks, and was fuming by 5.

Have your ranged switch to him at 5 seconds prior to the Aegis. That way, they've got their dots/bleeds/poisons on him before it comes up and can burn through it faster. We were routinely getting 1 and 2 ticks before interrupt - heals were easy as pie after that.

Just be careful and watch his HP% from having DPS swap early. You might want to move an extra DPS to combat this.

Bigbad
01-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Just use cds after the shield, should have enough cds for it. Tol barad trinket with the resistance on use is nice as well.

Barneebrown
01-20-2011, 06:25 PM
My guild is working on this in 10 man and have been blocked by a lack of dps for final phase.
What is making it worse is my dps...

I never usually have any issues, apart from the terrible 900ms Country Australian internet and my pc runs at about 110fps in the boss room but whenever the monstrosity casts lava seed my computer drops down to about 2fps. This is of course, causing my dps to drop dramatically.

I have tried turning my view distance/texture settings down but nothing seems to work. I would hate to have to sit as we have got him as low as 600k and I want revenge.

Vaengence
01-21-2011, 07:24 AM
My guild is working on this in 10 man and have been blocked by a lack of dps for final phase.
What is making it worse is my dps...

I never usually have any issues, apart from the terrible 900ms Country Australian internet and my pc runs at about 110fps in the boss room but whenever the monstrosity casts lava seed my computer drops down to about 2fps. This is of course, causing my dps to drop dramatically.

I have tried turning my view distance/texture settings down but nothing seems to work. I would hate to have to sit as we have got him as low as 600k and I want revenge.

This is really hard to analyse with such limited info and you are probably better off asking in the technical support forums. What I can say is I am also in Aus and have latency ranging from 300 - 600 ms but latency itself does not cause fps issues. If your connection drops entirely while logging in, you will find you can still run around and do client side things but everyone else will have frozen.

Fps dropping like that is normally from too much processing occuring in the client - most often because of driver issues, outdated graphics, settings etc, but one other thing that can cause this as well that is related to latency is if there is to much data trying to be sent back and forth from the server. If the client is trying to "catch up" on data coming in and there is a large influx, the client will start to hang causing fps issues as well.

Turning mods off that interact with the combat log is a good place to start (recount and the like) and - just because I didn't see you mention it - particle density is one of the bigger factors as well.

Also, you may want to put an upward limit on your fps. If you have that high fps and something happens on screen that requires a lot of graphics processing, it will start to lag trying to draw frames back up to 110. You can actually set a limit to this in options - try around the 30 - 40 mark. It won't make a lot of difference to your graphics as your eye will only see so many frames per second, but your graphics card will thank you.

Lund
01-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Would just like to say i love your guides, but in this one i was wondering what addon you use above your ForteXorcist, ForteCooldown. The ikons you have there that spawns when the spell is ready and are shown till you use the spell :) Please help me..

Katzazi
01-23-2011, 05:16 AM
I have a question about the trash just before the council. It looks like water+fire and lighning+grouding seem to cancle each other out. You can remove the shield of the water elemental with the fire patches and stuff like that. But when we tried to pull them in pairs our healers could not hold our raid or us tanks up. Also it's not easy to pull the right kinds of elementals when they are running around randomly.

Are they supposed to be tanked in pairs or should we tank them alternately water-fire-water-fire or somehting like that?

Fayre
01-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Pull a fire one first, to get a fire patch on the ground, then pull a water one into the fire patch to get the shield down and be able to interrupt the frost volley. Slightly staggered pulls work best - the frost ones are supremely dangerous if you can't cancel the shield.

Zellviren
01-30-2011, 04:43 PM
This one plays to my raid's biggest weakness; DPS. And when you're dealing with more casual raids (as in, most of us), that's a very common issue. The final phase is absolutely brutal if your DPS isn't up to it, you're missing someone, or you didn't have the four ascendants at the required 25% each. Luckily, the rest of the fight is really quite simple and shouldn't take very long to learn at all.

Seriously, though - concentrate on getting them all to 25%.

2% wipes are really annoying.

Migol
01-31-2011, 10:43 AM
I might have missed it on the video but in phase 2, Arion does some kind of super-lightning at the tank from a very long range after blinking, and it hits hard (his interruptable spell). I'd guestimate ~100k with a bit of variance. So far I've just used cooldowns and the tol barad trinket, is there any reliable way to interrupt this with positioning or line of sight?

Twopakk
02-01-2011, 10:20 PM
What is the benefit of not getting grounded in phase 2?

McVanderhuge
02-02-2011, 03:10 PM
I might have missed it on the video but in phase 2, Arion does some kind of super-lightning at the tank from a very long range after blinking, and it hits hard (his interruptable spell). I'd guestimate ~100k with a bit of variance. So far I've just used cooldowns and the tol barad trinket, is there any reliable way to interrupt this with positioning or line of sight?

Get your mages to find their counterspell. From my experience, he goes just about as far away as he possibly can, so if your mages are near the center of the room, they should be able to interrupt him.

mallevolent
02-05-2011, 12:00 AM
We were wiping on these guys for a few weeks mostly due to the soft enrage.

We ended up downing this with 1 tank, 3 heals, and 6 dps. We just had a DPS dk taunt the frost boss away for every glaciate

This might be specific to our raid comp though as we have gotten a TON of tank drops but not a lot of dps, so ur MT is quite geared.

Glakhmed
02-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Greetings,

A question about Phase 3: Our guild is under the impression that Liquid Ice (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=92497) does nothing to players, however I just read on Wowhead that this is not the case. I have not been able to test this out for myself in game yet. Does anyone know what the deal is with this ability?

Wowhead specifically states that "The pools of ice will grow with continued exposure to the Monstrosity, dealing Frost damage to enemies exposed to them." If this is the case, then it would deffinately help to not stand in it and thus allow DPS precious extra seconds to get him down more, esp for guilds that are wiping at 3% :p

Thanks

mallevolent
02-07-2011, 03:19 AM
The frost does minor damage over time. Its pretty much unavoidable for melee as it spawns directly under the boss. The key is that it also gives the boss a 25% damage reduction buff, so you want him out of it as quick as possible.

The fire seeds are what kill people usually, and then the steadily increasing damage of the aoe lightning.

Kinch
02-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Liquid Ice ticks for about 5k per second before resists. Can't tell if you get hit for each pool you are standing in. Sample parse here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-di67r28vhcya91nu/xe/?s=4211&e=4549&x=spell+%3D+%22Liquid+Ice%22+and+targetName+%3D+%2 2Zachnafein%22

Tengenstein
02-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Okay, patch seems to have changed his hit box size. He can melee me while I'm out of my melee range, as such i'm having trouble kiting him. I'm spending about 80% of the time out of melee range and thus have some aggro issues; one HS and a SS every 5GCDs isn't exactl gonna hold my aggro for long against my DPS, and i don't exactly feel telling them to hold back on the burn phase is gonna be a good idea either.

hammerturtle
02-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Can anyone tell me if the 10M is the exact same? or what the difference's are. Thanks

Glakhmed
02-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Can anyone tell me if the 10M is the exact same? or what the difference's are. Thanks

I've personally not done 25, and just going from the movie guide here, there appears to be no differences other than the obvious difference in dmg output and health pools.

Kavin
02-11-2011, 11:51 PM
Very nice video and thanks for posting here and sharing with us.

Deathsvalor
02-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Okay, patch seems to have changed his hit box size. He can melee me while I'm out of my melee range, as such i'm having trouble kiting him. I'm spending about 80% of the time out of melee range and thus have some aggro issues; one HS and a SS every 5GCDs isn't exactl gonna hold my aggro for long against my DPS, and i don't exactly feel telling them to hold back on the burn phase is gonna be a good idea either.

I noticed the same thing. His reach seems to be about 10yrds further than mine. If I waited until a Liquid Ice patch to move him, it would be too late due to the distance I had to move to get him to move. Slowly kiting him did not work either because I could never hit him. What worked was just getting a feel for when he was going to drop a puddle and begin moving before it. Then when he dropped it, move him, and then run back to him to get in melee range.

Yoakie
02-16-2011, 03:52 AM
It seems like most people either have problems with: fire shield (Ignacious), Chain lightning (phase 2) or DPS in phase 3.

The best way to deal with the fire shield of Ignacious (called: Aegis of Flame) is to switch all DPS to Ignacious 3 seconds before the cast. The raidleader should call this out on vent. This ensures that the shield is DPS’ed down quickly. There is a very good guide about this and other important facets of ascendant council at: http://25man.com/cata-guides/ascendant-council (http://25man.com/cata-guides/ascendant-council))

The best way to deal with chain lightning (aka lightning rod in phase 2) is to have everyone stack in the middle and let people with lightning rod move to the sides. Have your raidleader call out the names of people with lightning rod.

The trick for phase 3 is to keep focusing on maximum DPS at the start of phase 3 and survivability at the end of phase 3. Have your ranged DPS stand in the middle and have the boss rotate around the room. Have everyone spread out more the longer phase 3 last to mitigate the increasing damage.

EDIT: As Vaengence noted it is advised to spread out a lot in phase 3. Do not stack up

Tsy
02-16-2011, 01:03 PM
I've personally not done 25, and just going from the movie guide here, there appears to be no differences other than the obvious difference in dmg output and health pools.

Including the # of Lightning Rods and Gravity Crushes he casts? or is that changed to 1 person? I can't imagine having 3 Gravity Crush's go up, Chain Lightnings Flying around, and standard tank damage occurring at the same time in a 10 man.

Faytlynn
02-17-2011, 05:12 PM
There are 3 Lightning Rods in Phase 2, and yes, 3 people who get Gravity Crushed in phase 3 in 25 man. Really though, the Lightning Rod isn't bad if people get out of the raid (otherwise, they will wipe you). According to my heal team, the healing is not intensive until Phase 3. That's not much they can do if someone gets 1 shotted from someone not moving out with a Lightning Rod.

Shanra
02-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Anyone have a general idea of the dps needed on 10 man?

Vaengence
02-21-2011, 05:53 PM
The trick for phase 3 is to keep focusing on maximum DPS at the start of phase 3 and survivability at the end of phase 3. Have your ranged DPS stand in the middle and have the boss rotate around the room. Have everyone spread out more the longer phase 3 last to mitigate the increasing damage.

You have linked a 25man guide so I assume you are referring to 25 man, Stacking ranged in phase 3 is the best way to make this encounter harder than it needs to be. In fact stacking ranged increases raid damage almost 5 fold right from the word go which is unnecesary at the beginning of this phase.

This is much easier on guilds that have not killed the boss previously.

Prucilak
02-28-2011, 07:13 AM
As a tank, what do I need to do about Eruption? I run away, still get hit. Ive even Herioc Leaped away to max range and STILL got hit. Am I missing something? Between that and P3 insanity I feel like a absolute failtank. :(

kukuluku
03-07-2011, 05:54 AM
As a tank, what do I need to do about Eruption? I run away, still get hit. Ive even Herioc Leaped away to max range and STILL got hit. Am I missing something? Between that and P3 insanity I feel like a absolute failtank. :(

i'm also a tank but i mostly do the fire and wind one
yeah about the earth one...u have to run away out of the dust but there will always be 1 spike that hits u anyway, thats not a fail thats just how it goes. as far as i know the more spikes that hits you the more damage u get

dombobb
03-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Would it be possible to put the 10man numbers for the encounter. I mean for ascendant with the chain lightning having 3 in 25man that would mean 1player in 10man am I right? That way guild that are working on 10man progression know what number to expect! :)

I understand that you guys are working in 25man mode, maybe you don't have any clue of the number there is in 10man!

Alamut/US-Gorefiend/ Prot pally

Tsy
03-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Would it be possible to put the 10man numbers for the encounter. I mean for ascendant with the chain lightning having 3 in 25man that would mean 1player in 10man am I right? That way guild that are working on 10man progression know what number to expect! :)

I understand that you guys are working in 25man mode, maybe you don't have any clue of the number there is in 10man!

Alamut/US-Gorefiend/ Prot pally

You are correct. In 10 man, there is 1 target for lightning rod conductor and 1 target for gravity crush in p3

Chrisanth
03-21-2011, 05:43 PM
I would love and appreciate it if you guys would also post a ten man video. I know that the composition is the same and the fight is the same its just easier for us guilds that do ten mans. :) Thank you

Chrisanth

gripleareli
04-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Ditto with Daniel on Twilight. The people in that movie have no character flaws.

BobbyJoeCool
04-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Is it possible to Levitate/Slow Fall/Divine Shield etc as they/you fall from the bubble in p3 to prevent the fall damage?

Quinafoi
04-18-2011, 09:55 AM
I would love and appreciate it if you guys would also post a ten man video. I know that the composition is the same and the fight is the same its just easier for us guilds that do ten mans. :) Thank you

Chrisanth

I'd personally recommend the Cynical Brit guide for a decent 10 man perspective. It's from beta but still a decent overall guide as it hasn't changed too much from this point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou_QQ_n245w
In particular one very useful piece I picked up from this video instead of the 25 man video from TankSpot was phase 3 mechanics. With fewer people in 10 man, it actually makes more sense to kite the boss around the outside while ranged and healers are in the middle instead of starting in the middle and slowly kiting further and further away from the middle. 25 man needs more room to spread out and because of that starting in the middle and working your way out makes sense from a damage minimizing standpoint. However in 10 man since you simply don't take up as much space to begin with the opposite kiting method is actually preferable in order to minimize the movement required by ranged dps and in particular your healers.

Is it possible to Levitate/Slow Fall/Divine Shield etc as they/you fall from the bubble in p3 to prevent the fall damage?

Yes.

Trexx
06-12-2011, 03:10 PM
I realize this might be a bit outdated but here we go. Last night we went back to the council after taking a 3 month hiatus from them due to no ranged members available. The first phase went as it should with the tactics we've always used and advocated here on tankspot. However in P2 we experienced something quite odd: The bosses in P2 were quite even in terms of health until about 60& where a "series of unfortuante events" cause one boss to be brougth down to about 32 percent. Before we could react on it that boss was brought down to 25% and P3 started. However what was weird was that the other boss, who had about 48% HP left if even that, was also immediately brought down to 25% before P3 started. In effect he lost about 20% HP in a blink of an eye. Tapping through the bosses before the monstrosity spawned EVERYONE was at 24.6% HP even the boss we barely got to 50%.

Is this a bug, a nerf or something else? We never saw it before and its quite frankly a bit odd.

dukeunique
07-26-2011, 05:19 AM
well dude thanks for sharing this information :)

uglie
07-26-2011, 07:14 AM
I realize this might be a bit outdated but here we go. Last night we went back to the council after taking a 3 month hiatus from them due to no ranged members available. The first phase went as it should with the tactics we've always used and advocated here on tankspot. However in P2 we experienced something quite odd: The bosses in P2 were quite even in terms of health until about 60& where a "series of unfortuante events" cause one boss to be brougth down to about 32 percent. Before we could react on it that boss was brought down to 25% and P3 started. However what was weird was that the other boss, who had about 48% HP left if even that, was also immediately brought down to 25% before P3 started. In effect he lost about 20% HP in a blink of an eye. Tapping through the bosses before the monstrosity spawned EVERYONE was at 24.6% HP even the boss we barely got to 50%.

Is this a bug, a nerf or something else? We never saw it before and its quite frankly a bit odd.

It was the shield that terrastra uses called hardened skin http://www.wowhead.com/spell=92543. When the shield takes enough dmg it breaks causes all the dmg that was absorbed by the shield to be done to terrastra.

Simply this is not a bug but something that you must watch out for and plan for while bring the 2 bosses down evenly.

Having people that can switch targets fast is a big help in this fight.