PDA

View Full Version : Druid Druid Tanking Raids- attacks missing!

Rookkie
12-21-2010, 07:10 PM
well, i Tanked Argaloth today & was going great but at times i noticed my mangle & lacerates were missing.. im not 100% sure if he dodged parried or if i missed,
What to do??

I am 346 item lvl.... Hit(267-2.22%) expertise( 390(+12) says 12 on character screen
name is smokki(bloodscalp) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/smokki/simple

Im not sure if i should reforge, gem or what to get all this up, i wasnt sure if it just came with better gear,

Any advice is welcome thanks!

louciant
12-26-2010, 01:28 AM
You should be at hit cap 8% even as a tank. Expertise will also help you a lot as you are in front of the mobs you tank. 27 on tooltip is a good start but more wont hurt you.

That's about all I can say.

Happy meatsheilding.

uglie
12-26-2010, 03:26 AM
As long as you were surviving and hold threat then there is no reason to gem more hit/exp. I would first double check your priority system, if all checks out there, slowly start adding hit/exp. Hit/exp are never required as takes, it only makes our job easier.

Timberton
01-03-2011, 04:51 AM
Rookkie

Don't listen to above posts, tanks are no longer required to have hit cap and parry cap to tank well.

My ow bear has like "3" expertize skill, and is under hit cap, however can sustain over 35k Tps for raid bosses and ~15-25k TpS in a average heroic boss depending on mechanics.
Taunt will not miss, ever, and this was the major reason tanks needed hit rating cap.

I will say this: you WILL WANT to have the highest avoidance possible, that means you may end up reforging hit and expertize into (usually) dodge, don't worry about a few measly tps that can be gained, hunting that tps and the hit/expertize caps can be the difference between a kill and a dead tank on the floor.

Yes, a string of parry-miss-parry-dodge in the beginning of a pull may be annoying, but rarely happens. In any raids the dps should be able to restrain themselves until the boss is in position and you have a few GCD worth of attacks on it and vengeance kiks in.
For heroic trash...who cares...their level is 85-87, hit/expertize needed for them is way lower than raid bosses.

go to http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/896513/../topic/1417736459 for a explanation, see a few posts down in the thread

sifuedition
01-03-2011, 05:27 AM
So much contradictory info I thought I'd make a comment. The last post was the best. Hit / expertise are not necessary unless you are not holding threat. At the moment, however, if you are not holding threat, something else is wrong. Your spec, rotation or dps"ers are more likely at fault.

Mammoth
01-03-2011, 05:57 AM
As noted Hit and Expertise are threat stats. If your threat is fine (and right now, single target threat is not an issue for tanking druids) then you don't have to concern yourself with either stat. One possible exception: if you are the primary interrupter for an encounter (it can happen in 10-man compositions, some classes still don't have reliable, short cooldown interupts) you may need to be hit capped as I believe interrupts like Skull Bash are capable of missing. Just keep some hit trinkets handy for such occasions.