PDA

View Full Version : Warrior PVE Tank Stat Priorities

Bubbba
12-21-2010, 11:00 AM
I have been reading through these and other forums for a few weeks now, and seem to continue to fail to grasp a basic general understanding of STAT priorities. There seems to be plenty of information on what each stat does, and why different approaches to priority make sense in various contexts (with plenty of math to convince); however, I still struggle with looking at something like the Filter Tab over at GuildOx (http://www.guildox.com/wr.asp) and making rational choices.

Perhaps I have missed it somewhere, and any linkage would be nice (I swear, I searched before posting) or perhaps it doesn't exist and someone could throw together a quick response here. I am looking for a solid baseline priority for Warrior Tanking CATA Heroics (lets say). Perhaps it would look something like this:

Stamina > Mastery> [Dodge == Parry] > Agility > Expertise > Strength > Hit > Armor > Haste > Crit

Or - given the "soft caps", perhaps denoting the cap in the priority makes sense. So you might say

Stamina > Mastery (Block 75%) > [Dodge == Parry] (15%) > Agility > Expertise > Strength > Hit > Armor > Haste > Crit

Then, from the baseline we could modify for targeting various aspects of tanking. I don't know how many posts I've read that mention Mastery "should be prioritized up to 75%", and never any mention of what precisely the 75% refers to, I've been assuming Block.

Visualizing the relative priority of all stats would definitely help me better understand choices I am making (General Gear, Reforging, Gemming, Enchanting, etc.). I appreciate any pointers; certainly if this exists somewhere and I've failed to find it, please point me in the correct direction.

Disclaimer: The priorities assigned are somewhat made up by myself at this point, please don't read this post and go prioritize your gear this way. I just needed an example of what I am looking to find, for all I know, the examples are utter nonsense.

nserafini
12-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Well, the 75% refers to Block + Dodge + Parry = 75%. Currently it seems that the easiest way to get to the cap is to reforge hit and exp to mastery.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72626-After-75-warrior&p=480026

This should help somewhat.

Bubbba
12-21-2010, 01:24 PM
That helps tremendously! Thanks.