PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Hit Caps for Fury

Zaphiron
12-21-2010, 02:31 AM
I looked into the guide made by "Thegreatme" wich was very helpfull, but still left me with one question. Considering the gear u can get pre-rading, it seems almost impossible to reach the hard Hit cap. Atm im not sure if i should either gems hit or just gem whats needed to activate my meta (which i did) and just gem strenght ? Also for reforging this might be handy to know if i should be aiming for hit only aswell past the 8% softcap?? Here is armory link for my stats:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/zaphiron/simple

Daeb
12-21-2010, 04:23 AM
I am not sure how your rage generation is, but if you wanted too you could reforge some more of that Haste you have on your gear to Hit. Everyone is different on how they like their rage income. Now I am JUST getting into heroics due to poor drop chance and tanks rolling on DPS plate gear as need. I have found that getting my Expertise to 22/23, hit to 12% and crit is a little low at 13% I am pretty steady on Rage income with a haste % of 6%. Now once I get some heroic items etc I will try and up the crit and hit a bit more. I dont expect anyone to reach hit cap even with Raid gear due to the insanely high amount of hit required, but then again I have only seen items out of the first 2 raid zones on the net. Just focus on reaching a point that makes all specials hit( which you have at 9.xx%), rage incoming steady and your priority rotation smooth and worry about the numbers later.

Krenian
12-21-2010, 05:42 AM
Honestly, this is how you wanna do it:

With Fury, it's pretty stat/gear dependant therefore you want the essentials to be knocked out: Hit capped for your yellow damage (Any of your special skills) and expertise capped. This will allow you to never miss with your big hitting items as well as never dodging your attacks either.

At this point, it's a priority for stats.

Strength and Hit are pretty much even on the worth. Strength is worth a bit higher but all items you're going to get will most likely have Strength on them (Going other stats is pretty detrimental to what you're trying to do.)

Hit to the hard cap, aka 27%, will grant you more DPS than any of the other of the stats you can get. Crit, Haste and Mastery are stats that will grant you dps increases as well, but haste is more for rage generation to hit more often, and hit beats haste due to the fact you'll get more rage by hitting more often than swinging more often and increasing the chances of missing either way; Crit no longer doubles your rage which means it's really only good for Flurry upkeep and our Mastery isn't the greatest of stats to really dump anything in.

This leads hit to be superior in nearly every way. Not only will it give you more rage per minute due to missing less and less, but you increase your white damage, and due to the rage increase, allow yourself to throw more attacks such as Heroic Strike out. It really isn't anything scientific unfortunately.

Hit pretty much supersedes all.

Loganisis
12-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Or pretty cleanly (correct me if I'm wrong)

Exp to 26 -> Hit to 8% -> Hit to 27% -> Haste to comfortable with rage generation -> Crit -> Mastery

Hit generates *slightly* more rage per % than haste, but it is very minor. What I found that worked well in 4.0.1 when I had enough rating points was:
Exp 26
Hit to 20-ish%
Haste to MH weapon having a sub 3 second swing timer (so it never goes 3 GCDs without swinging to generate rage since your MH generates more rage than OH if I'm not mistaken).

But I'm not sure these targets are obtainable with current gear, I've just started gearing.

Vincenoir
12-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Or pretty cleanly (correct me if I'm wrong)

Exp to 26 -> Hit to 8% -> Hit to 27% -> Haste to comfortable with rage generation -> Crit -> Mastery
Hit to 8% then Exp to 26. Only because 8% of your attacks not missing > 6.5% (?) of your attacks not being dodged. It's a minor difference, but it's also far easier to hit 8% hit first.

Quietsch
12-24-2010, 01:36 PM
The real point for hit > expt softcaps is that hit influences rage generation and expt not.

Mallekai
12-26-2010, 05:33 AM
how does expertise not influence rage gen?

expertise capped and hit as high as you can get it. i'm 26/26 and 16.50%ish right now and its starting to feel really good, like i have the rage i need and i'm never waiting on it.

i like crit over haste/mastery. i dont really have any proof, but it just feels better from experience. a few top warriors i keep an eye on seem to be leaning that way also

Quietsch
12-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Maybe because a dodge/parry grants exactly the same amount of rage as an normal hit?
(Oh, and if you are critcapped, or styles are still a 2-roll, it was inaccurate, as expertise influences rage gen a very little bit)

Loganisis
12-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Having your attack dodged/parried generates rage? Seriously? If that's true, then yes, Hit>Exp without a doubt, I didn't realize this in what I had read up on.

Quietsch
12-26-2010, 12:35 PM
The dodged/parried attacks gave rage even back in wotlk. (Don't know anymore how it was in bc/classic) They simply generated _only_ the rage from the constant and gave no rage for damage dealt. As the whole rage is now only based on a constant, it gives the same rage as a normal hit/crit.