PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Taunt Resists

Dannyl
12-21-2010, 01:42 AM
We've started our tests raids during the last week, though haven't been able to raid seriously yet due to christmas. Our last night's Halfus encounter was very interesting but we had a very peculiar problem; our OT, a paladin said that he had problems taunting the boss off me (due to the healing debuff, caused by the Nether drake). What would happen, I'd call on vent for him to taunt and nothing happened. Six stacks later we wiped and he said that the boss resisted his taunts.

Any idea how can this be? I thought they removed the miss chance from taunts.

Fetzie
12-21-2010, 02:12 AM
I have had a taunt miss in Tol'vir heroic, but that was one time in so many since I hit 85.

Seanjones80
12-21-2010, 04:37 AM
Could have he become taunt immune? How meny times had he been taunted in that minute?

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

Dannyl
12-21-2010, 05:20 AM
Not that many tbh. We had the Nether and Storm drakes up so we figured a taunt rotations where I would hold Storm, he would hold Nether, and we'd joggle the boss between us. So there should have been at least 30 seconds between taunts, since that's how long it takes for the healing debuff to fade.

CatabriOnEarthen
12-21-2010, 06:10 AM
Are you sure he's not using Hand of Reckoning in his rotation? It's one way a boss could become taunt immune.

Dannyl
12-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Are you sure he's not using Hand of Reckoning in his rotation? It's one way a boss could become taunt immune.
I would like to assume that he doesn't... but guess I can't rule anything out. Pretty serious rookie mistake if he is.

Fetzie
12-21-2010, 08:02 AM
A mob being immune to taunts is not the same as a mob resisting a taunt.

MellvarTank
12-21-2010, 08:05 AM
I would check to make sure a taunt is not in his rotation. I haven't had any issues taunting Halfus and I am so far below hit cap it is silly.