PDA

View Full Version : PST - Episode 8

Lore
12-17-2010, 04:29 PM
higFO-XTxdQ

Questions answered this week:

How important is Archaeology?
Why are Heroics so hard?
How does the Dial-In Authenticator work?

and more!

Rennadrel
12-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Great vid, I am leveling archaeology right now, it's an interesting profession and rather time consuming but if you have the time to invest in it, I think it's worth what you can potentially get, the BoA weapons and armor are pretty cool for the altoholics in the game. I really like the new heroics, they are fun even if they are hard. When people start over gearing them though they won't seem nearly as difficult. When we were 3 or 4 tiers above them in Wrath they were a joke and when you got into Tier 5 content in BC heroics became much easier.

Maverickroll
12-17-2010, 11:41 PM
last question was the best

Calypso
12-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Hey Lore, Awesome episode, long time follower on you tube and of Tankspots raid guides. I know this is a bit off topic but I was wondering if you know where I could get my hands on the epic pictures in the intro, I would love to do a painting for my college class with all three. Obviously giving credit where credit is due to the original creature of the pictures.

Thank you and keep up the awesome videos and guides,
Calypso.

Star Scythe
12-18-2010, 08:04 AM
finally he didn't do his 5 min long exit speech!!!!
GRATS!

Nequiem
12-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi, Ive been a long time watcher of Tankspot, and Gamebreaker tv. fan. And I'm very happy to see the new Legendary podcast from epi one. But I've never posted something until now.
I feel I should mention that archeology does offer a enhancement for raiding, in that there are buffs you can get that might not be something feasible to obtain easy, but A guild memeber I grouped with the other day ran to grab an arc buff that reduced his physical dmg taking by 5% He said it cost some gold, and i dont have all of the info to obtain this buff, but it could obviously help out any tank.

P.s Priest healing gets easier... I promise.

Mwawka
12-19-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm not familiar with Archaeology buffs in the raids and whether they exist or not, but a group member has activated them in a couple of heroics. They are group wide buffs in heroics and the two I know of are:

Throne of Tides - 5% increased dmg against naga
Blackrock Caverns - 5% reduced elemental dmg taken

They certainly aren't necessary, but I guess any little advantage can help. It's certainly better than nothing and I would imagine that if they also exist in raids, then suddenly they might be considered more important than merely optional.