PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Death Knight tanking - Cataclysm lvl 85

Aszuneplayer
12-15-2010, 11:20 AM
I've hit 85 a few days a go, i'm at about 341 average ilvl and when i go to heroics with my guild i just get absolutely shamashed by the mobs, is it just a general death knight blood tank thing at the moment or is it just me? I do rotate my CD's but whenever IBF aint active i get smashed. Could anyone help?

Selene
12-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Are others using proper CC and mob control to help you?

uglie
12-16-2010, 01:44 AM
CC's are extremely important right now.

PatrikL
12-16-2010, 04:31 AM
It is just the way it is right now. We (and by we I mean tanks in general not just DKs) take huge amounts of damage from trash. Several of our healers have remarked that trash does a lot more damage than the bosses. Use CC generously, at least one in each group but two or more is even better depending on your group. Only done 2 heroics myself so far since I just dinged a few days ago like you and after having tried to pug one I'm only running with guild.
Even on normal mode, using CC is a good idea. Sure its not required and you can AoE everything down like in the wrath dungeons but it does test the healers mana even there I think.

Another problem I have seen is that the dps in most groups is far from good enough. The trash fights are just too long, especially when specific targets arent burned down. Tanks doing more damage than the dps seems to be even more common now which might seem odd considering we are all pretty much in equal gear still. Guessing we have Vengeance to thank for this but still.

bÓbyface
12-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Hello is a DK tank also, my question is what should be my Cap? (hit, mastery, critical strike, Parry and Dodge. What should my rotation be? How should my last talent be? I'm lvl 85 and lvl items are 337th Regards Danish Ole
NB my English is not very good and I do not understand the abbreviations, write as clear English so I can put it with Google Translate

PatrikL
12-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Hello is a DK tank also, my question is what should be my Cap? (hit, mastery, critical strike, Parry and Dodge. What should my rotation be? How should my last talent be? I'm lvl 85 and lvl items are 337th Regards Danish Ole
NB my English is not very good and I do not understand the abbreviations, write as clear English so I can put it with Google Translate

There is a guide that will answer your questions:

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?71144-Cataclysm-Death-Knight-Tanking-Satorri-s-Guide-to-the-Bloody-Future