PDA

View Full Version : The Conclave of Wind

Aliena
12-15-2010, 12:09 PM
reidCXz7Cmc

Hello and welcome to the TankSpot Throne of the four Winds Raid Guide! My name is Aliena and in this video I'll show you all you have to know about The Conclave of Wind, the first encounter in this new raid instance. We completed this fight with 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 DPS, but similar raid configurations may work just as well.

The Conclave is a council type encounter where you fight three Djinn at the same time, but this fight comes with a twist: All three enemies are on different platforms, and while you can move between platforms by jumping into the wind streams, you have to split up your raid intelligently to make it work. On top of that, each conclave member has to die within a minute of the first one's death, or the first djinn will regain all his health.

The three Djinn are Anshal, Nezir and Rohash. Rohash does basic wind attacks and can easily be tanked by a healer or ranged raid member. Ideally you want to leave one healer and two ranged raid members with him for most of the fight. Anshal is a nature-based enemies that spawns adds and will require a tank and a healer along with your leftover DPS. Nezir is ice-based and will also require a tank and a healer.

This fight would be simple if it wasn't for the fact that all the Djinn have an energy bar, and when their energy bar is full (in other words, when it reaches 90), they will execute their ultimate abilities. All djinn will reach full energy at the same time, and you can never leave a platform completely abandoned or it will result in a raid wipe. Let's go over the djinn's abilities.

Rohash is fairly straightforward. He has a wind slash with which he'll attack from a range, occasionally a few cyclones will circle around his platform - obviously you don't want to get caught in these or you'll take damage and get knocked back - and on a timer he uses Wind Blast, an ability that makes him slowly spin around his platform, and anyone in front of his face will get knocked back 200 yards. Yes, 200. You have been warned. This works similarly to The Lurker Below's Spout, if you were an active raider in the Burning Crusade you may remember it.

His ultimate ability is Hurricane, which creates a huge vortex of wind and anyone on the platform will get lifted up and take continuous damage for 15 seconds, after which you get dropped to the floor and take more fall damage. It's pretty much the same as Malygos' Vortex ability. This is easily healed through.

Anshal's first ability that you'll see is called Soothing Winds and looks like a green circle he puts on the ground. It heals all of Anshal's allies and silences enemies, so pull him and his adds out of it and stay away from it yourself. His second ability, Nurture, will summon multiple Ravenous Creeper adds that will use Toxic Spores, an AoE aura that deals stacking damage to anyone within 8 yards. These kinda hurt especially since your melee are likely at this platform, so they should be taken out quickly.

His ultimate ability is Zephyr, which heals all of his allies currently on the platform by 25000 per second and gives them 15% increased damage for 15 seconds. Make sure that no adds are up by the time Anshal casts Zephyr and this should not pose a problem.

Lastly, Nezir. Nezir is where it gets complicated. Nezir has both a channeled cone spell that deals frost damage called Permafrost and an ice puddle he puts on the ground that deals frost damage and slows anyone in it. His main ability is Wind Chill, which deals frost damage to everyone on the platform and more importantly increases their Frost damage taken by 10% per stack. Combined with his other abilities this means that anyone remaining on the platform for too long will get killed outright.

His ultimate ability is called Sleet Storm. Sleetstorm deals about 30000 damage per second to anyone on the platform for 15 seconds. However, Sleetstorm's damage is divided by everyone on the platform. So, as you can see, you want to have as many people as possible on Nezir's platform when his energy bar is about to turn full.

However, you also need to switch Nezir's tank and healer team with Anshal's tank and healer team periodically to avoid getting too many stacks of the debuff and at the same time you want to avoid switching too much.

What worked well for us was to switch the teams right before the Djinn cast their first ultimate (the DPS from both other platforms also need to be at Nezir's platform before every ultimate he casts, while a single healer remains at Rohash and the original Nezir tank and healer team fills in at Anshal). After the ultimate finishes, the DPS return to their original platforms. The original Anshal tank and healer team however remains at Nezir's platform until right before his second ultimate takes place, which is when they change places with the tank and healer team that filled in at Anshal again.

This cycle repeats until the Djinn are low, which could be as soon as after the second ultimate. Rohash and Anshal will likely be a lot lower in health than Nezir, but that's okay. When you're at the point that you can finish off both Rohash and Anshal around roughly the same time, do so. Afterwards everyone should move over to Nezir's platform and finish him off. You have about a minute to do this, so the timer is lenient.

It is worth noting that you cannot switch platforms in the 15 seconds that the Djinn cast their ultimates, so any switching of platforms has to occur at about 80 energy to account for travel time.

I've attached the full encounter so you can see how we dealt with the various mechanics in detail. Good luck and have fun!

Liquidska
12-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Something to note is that you don't need a healer on the east boss Rohash. For the very start of the encounter there was a shadow priest solo. When he was about to do his hurricane the warlcok who had been DPS'ing the north boss went over and the two of them would spend the rest of the fight burning the east boss down. The two of them were able to keep themselves healed fairly nicely, none of my other DPS even had to go to the east platform.

Another tatic we employed was using a Prot Pally and a Holy pally on the north platform. With all of the other DPS on the west. We did not do any swithces for the first ultimate ability. Both the paladins on the north platform simply bubbled and /dance'd with the boss until his blizzard ran out. We of course had to switch for the second ultimate ability, but with out doing the switch this gave a lot of time to DPS the west boss down.

Aviriorix
12-15-2010, 08:42 PM
this fight looks amazingly fun and makes me sad i cant raid anymore :(

Mowmow924
12-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Wow this fight looks intimidating.
Seeing as my guild is still wipefest-ing on heroics :\

Ayotte
12-21-2010, 07:18 PM
My guild is currently going through some light progression on this fight, there's a lot of questions and things to be tweaked; but my biggest question right now is.. How do we stop Anshal from healing himself to full (or near it)? What do you think we're doing incorrectly where he's getting such a huge chunk of health back? I don't believe it's because our DPS isn't high enough. That could be it, but I believe our DPS is fairly good.

Martie
12-21-2010, 08:06 PM
You can't prevent Anshal from healing.

We did him on 25 yesterday, and though moving him from his circles does help a bit, you shouldn't waste DPS on Anshal untill you are ready to down all three. When that time comes, you should focus a considerable amount of DPS on Anshal until he's dead and then down the other two.

It's not all that hard a fight, to be honest.

Kazeyonoma
12-21-2010, 10:48 PM
so what kind of makeup did you go with and what was your splitting of groups? you need enough dps on anshal's platform to burn adds, and to switch with frost still right?

Grombrindal
12-22-2010, 08:18 AM
This fight seems to be quite friendly to a DK tank as opposed to a warrior specifically. It may be QQ but our guild downed them last night after a lot of attempts. My DK tank partner was generally just under the resto shammy healer in terms of healing/absorbs, which is basically like he brings his own personal pocket healer (DK tank at 2600 hps, resto shammy just under 4k hps for the whole fight on our kill). I also took more overall damage than he did which may have been a function of me being over on the frost side more than he was but still this seems quite unbalanced. I really felt that if I were a DK tank the fight would have been easier. Both healers said that they didn't have to worry about the DK's health at all, I was a much bigger concern.

Anyway, is there anything that I can specifically do as a warrior to make this easier on my healers? Is there a specific time that cds should be popped?

How we did it Kaz was have 3 melee over on anshals platform, unless something went wrong the adds over there were no problem, we had our ranged and 3rd healer over on the tornado guys platform, with them swapping over to frost once tornado guy was low (and for the ultimate ability). Most of the time we only had tank/healer on the frost guys platform.

Clinical
12-26-2010, 01:01 PM
My 10m group seems to be doing fine but one of the tanks was having a problem with zypher. is there a kiting solution that can be implemented or can it be healed through?

Saintoftaint
12-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Video was a life saver! First week we tried him I was tanking the frost boss and the video we watched didnt have the tank switching off the platform so needless to say it was a failfest and I looked bad. Did it your way and after a few Dc issues we took them down with no problem.

Talmanes
12-28-2010, 10:09 AM
You can't prevent Anshal from healing.

We did him on 25 yesterday, and though moving him from his circles does help a bit, you shouldn't waste DPS on Anshal untill you are ready to down all three. When that time comes, you should focus a considerable amount of DPS on Anshal until he's dead and then down the other two.

It's not all that hard a fight, to be honest.

I might be missing something, but the video doesnt mention anything about anshal healing himself, only the adds getting healed, and aliena said to kill anshal and rohash first, then focus on nezir. Has something changed since the video was made or what. Your strategy is almost the opposite of that, so which is correct?

thirtyrock
12-28-2010, 12:15 PM
We had a problem with people jumping over from Nezir's to the east platform being knocked off immediately upon landing. Is there any way to avoid this? should they wait for the knockback ability to go out before jumping?

zebrahed
12-28-2010, 02:13 PM
I might be missing something, but the video doesnt mention anything about anshal healing himself, only the adds getting healed, and aliena said to kill anshal and rohash first, then focus on nezir. Has something changed since the video was made or what. Your strategy is almost the opposite of that, so which is correct?

Anshal's main ability, the one that increases damage and heals allies ALSO applies to himself. Thus, he'll also have like 250% damage increase after his main ability is used, and he'll have healed during the spell as well. This cannot be avoided, and it happens every 90 energy.

Our strat for our kill involved a holy/prot paladin on the north platform to bubble through the main ability phase, leaving the west platform to DPS for 2 full phases without having to jump over to spread damage. Then we had two ranged on the east boss, until he was low, and then they moved to work on the north boss. At that point, after we jumped back for the 2nd time (3rd main ability casting), both west/east killed their bosses, and the north was already low.

Then it was just a matter of killing the north platform within in a minute.

Took us a long time to make sure no one was dying on the East platform, and that the damage was being placed in the right spots. Each raid may have to alter who is on which platforms, to make sure healing is sufficient, and that the DPS can bring down both west/east platforms easily enough, while partially weakening the north platform.

Of course, other strategies are probably viable, and may/may not be more efficient :P

Winslow
01-03-2011, 02:47 PM
How viable is it to leave a prot & holy paladin on Nezir's platform for the first Ultimate rotation? I find this to be a very, very bad idea but my raid leader is insisting. What we have is:
Bear tank, holy priest, moonkin & destruction warlock on Nezir first.
Protection paladin, holy paladin, rogue, fire mage on Anshal first.
Elemental shaman, holy priest on Rohash.

The tanking teams switch with all DPS moving to Nezir for his Ultimate, making sure all of the adds from Anshal are dead first (hence the extra dps). After the Ultimate is done, the tanks have effectively swapped position and all DPS goes to their home platform. What I would rather do is have Rohash's priest go shadow and heal via dps, and continue the normal tank swap.. however the raid leader is insisting that we keep the two paladins on Nezir and just 'bubble the debuff' off.

I feel that if we switcheroo this way, it's too much strain on the paladins and can lead to a wipe. Otherwise we should be able to kill Anshal and Rohash relatively at the same time and then all focus on Nezir..

Thoughts? :-/

Goros
01-03-2011, 02:50 PM
You have to swap tank and healer teams between the 2 platforms or the damage debuff gets too high. Teams should begin the swap around 70.
Leaving 1 person there basically ensures that that person will die during the ultimate from frost damage. Your raid leader is incorrect.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Garbid
01-04-2011, 10:02 PM
What we did.

Setup:
2 tanks
3 healers
5 dps

Assignments:
1 healer on wind guy the entire time.
1 dps on adds, before adds spawns he jumps to frost platform and does some dps then back on nature platform before adds spawns and nukes them down with the tank (the tank needs to help).
2 tank teams (tank + healer). At ~80 energy they swap places between frost and nature, have the frost team jump a little ahead of the nature team, or the dps on that platform might die :).
Rest, the for dps'ers, start on frost, jump to wind before ultimate, stay on wind and nuke him down to 10% or so (dot's take him further). Then before second ultimate they just go on to entrance platform and wait it out. If more dps is required they go back to wind and frost and get them low then on to Natur platform before the third ultimate. After the third ultimate they burn bloodlust/heroism and burn him down. Just before he dies a ranged dps runs to wind guy and with any luck the tank on frost guy can kill him (he should be low enough on health at that point). As soon as Nature guy dies, all dps runs to other platforms and finish off what is still alive.

Caelins
01-05-2011, 07:45 AM
We did this with the following set up

Tank Team 1
Feral Druid
Holy Paladin

Tank Team 2
Deathknight
Resto Druid

Tank Team 3
Mage
Resto Shaman

DPS
Rogue
Enhancement Shaman
Hunter
Warlock

Team 1 started out on Nezir with Team 2 and the DPS all on Anshal leaving Team 3 on Rohash (we were pretty fortunate that our Resto Shaman can pump out some pretty nice DPS as the healing on Rohash isn't too intensive).
At 75 energy Teams 1 and 2 swapped platforms followed by the DPS from Anshal and the Mage for the ultimates and then the DPS returned to their respective platforms to continue burning Rohash and Anshal.

We repeated this with Tank Teams 1 and 2 swapping platforms after each ultimate to avoid the stacking debuff becoming too much and after a few teething problems found this to be a relatively fun and somewhat easy fight (lets face it, they're pretty intimidating to look at!).

It's worth noting though that straight after each ultimate Anshal gains a 250% damage increase that will obliterate your tank so you'll want to make sure that you have CD's ready for it!

graymason
01-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Our 10 man tried this last night and I have a few questions -

1) Rohash platform - We had a hard time predicting where he'd start his Wind Blast ability. At times he seemed to turn at the alst second and blast our sole person on the platform (during ultimate) and cause a wipe. Our healer stated that it was unavoidable, is there some way to predict where he'll start his cast from?

2) For Anshal platform, we had issues with randomly spawned adds moving through the green circles. What is done to position Anshal for optimal green circle placement and then add tanking vs. just randomly attacking adds? We weren't sure if we were better off trying to group and aoe'them down and risk the stacking aura dmg or just single target them down.

Jyl
01-06-2011, 06:24 AM
Thanks for all the nice info. I have some questions:

1. Concerning Sleetstorm, does anyone know if mirror images/pets count towards sharing damage and thus help?

2. How "sensitive" is the "empty platform = wipe" clause? Meaning, is it important for at least 1 DPSer to be on both Anshal's and Nezir's platforms, while the tank and healer switch? Or can the Anshal/Nezir switch be performed without leaving someone back?

3. Concerning (2) and if it's the former, I take it that Anshal/Nezir will turn to the DPSers (who stayed back to ensure that someone is on the platform while tanks/healers are midair), when the tanks/healers leave the platform. So do the DPSers just have to be away from the boss and kite a bit until the new tank lands or is there something more to it? Is there a significant danger of losing a DPSer during the A/N switch or is the change easy to execute and e.g. switching twice per ulti doesn't increase the chance for a wipe significantly?

penpen002
01-06-2011, 08:22 AM
I love how you've added pictures/graphics to your videos. Makes it so much cooler than lores lol

smep
01-06-2011, 03:23 PM
@Jyl, I'm not sure about #1, but I had the same curiosity about #2 going into the raid. To answer it, there's a good deal of leniency there. Considering flight between platforms takes 5 whole seconds anyway, it's shortly after that that the bosses will go apenuts if there's no one to punch (slicing gale) at. In other words, having 10 people in the air at a time won't cause an insta wipe, but make sure someone's engaging as soon as you land.

@graymason
#1 Our group had a major issue with this as well. I didn't get to heal/ranged over there, so this is all second-hand info, but here are some tips I've heard that you can try. Moving closer to the center of the platform helps avoid it because (i think) he moves around the edge of the ledge. I've also heard he points in the direction he's going to move. Finally, from what I've read, he always moves in a clockwise position. Next week I'm going to try healing it so I'll be able to test it myself.
#2 I can give more solid info for because I've been there tanking it. There are never two of the healing circles on the ground at once, so I usually dragged him towards the center to drop the circle and then back near the teleporter so we're all closer for the jump. It's also nice to know that he'll only cast Nurture (to spawn the adds) at 30 energy. So if nothing else, make sure the boss isn't on the circle at/around 30 energy. In terms of killing them, we had a feral, fury war, mage, and ele sham killing them and they died before the stacks became too much to handle. Duly noted, none of my DPS were that impressive. On the whole of the fight, the feral and mage were at about 8.5k dps and the ele and warr were at 6.5k

agate
01-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks to Tankspot and Project Marmot for another great video guide:
your video let us get a first-night kill, after we made one significant change.

For future reference, I'll refer to the three bosses as "green, blue, and yellow" for
Anshal (nature), Nezir (frost), and Rohash (wind) respectively, so you don't need to
remember names.

The Tankspot video has the blue and green healers swapping places. The problem
is that the two hardest parts of this fight to heal are blue just before Ultimate and
green just afterward. When a healer has to do both of these back to back, mana
becomes a real issue. Meanwhile, the healer on the yellow platform is twiddling his
thumbs with a full mana bar.

So we had the blue healer alternate with the *yellow* healer, not the green. Tanks
still switched between blue and green as in the Tankspot video.

To summarize:
Melee: Starts on green, visits blue during ultimates.
Ranged: Starts on yellow, visits blue during ultimates.
Tank A: Starts on green, switches between green and blue at each ultimate.
Tank B: Starts on blue, switches between blue and green at each ultimate.
Healer A: Starts on green, stays there full time.
Healer B: Starts on blue, switches between blue and yellow at each ultimate.
Healer C: Starts on yellow, switches between yellow and blue at each ultimate.

In all other respects, identical to the video above.

http://dotpguild.com/images/conclave-of-winds-small.gif

It's a pretty complicated diagram, I know, but each person's job is just as easy as in the
video strategy, and the healing load is much more balanced.

Lionell
01-09-2011, 05:19 AM
My guild is having issues with this fight mainly the Rohash bit as stated above getting out of the Wind blast were always coping it myself and a disc priest goes there and the only issue we have is the wind blast i am on top of threat and he targets me with the blast not a random spot every time he casts it he blasts me the only thing we have found to prevent us from taking it is life grip from the disc priest and the timing is insanely touchy if anyone has any ideas or insight i have tried to disengage and such run thru the boss beat the wave runnin clockwise runnin counter etc thanks in advance

Winslow
01-10-2011, 02:08 PM
We were actually able to keep the Rohash team completely segregated from the rest of the raid.

A few things to remember for Rohash:
-His Wind Blast is RNG. He will immediately wind blast after the first slicing gale, after his first Ultimate. The way you counter this is to have a slow-fall effect on your people on the platform. Parachute, cat form if you're a druid, levitate, slow-fall.. etc. Then when you land just prepare for him to hit you. You get about a second to really react to it. Chances are he won't hit you, but he will be very close to you. Just remember his rotation is clockwise, so if he's facing you run counter clockwise. It is much harder to avoid his wind blast when the tornadoes are up and you only see a silhouette. It's also beneficial to have two people there at this time, because if one gets hit by wind blast it isn't a wipe.. you can just hope it was the DPS who got hit or that they are able to stay alive while the healer makes his way back.

My group cheesed this, we left the ranged dps and healer both there because our other healers were able to manage sleetstorm. This allowed the ranged dps (me) to continue damage on Rohash during the ultimate phase, it ended up saving us a great amount of time. By the time Anshal and Nezir were dead, Rohash was down to about 350k with about 30 seconds left.

Remember: This fight is all about timing. We use Nezir's health bar as our gauge for when to actually finish off Anshal. When Nezir is at 10%, we blow up Anshal, then blow up Nezir, and have that roughly 30 seconds to finish off Rohash. Our overall DPS budget isn't as high as perhaps the video suggests it should.. Anshal and Nezir die after their third ultimate. Our kill time is around 7m30s.

Some other things to remember regarding Wind Blast:

Don't ever stand behind Rohash, with your back to the edges of the map. Wind Blast will knock you back ~200 yards, and that will kill you as you leave the map. Face the wind bridges, and this will just push you do another platform. Failing that, you can keep your back to the pillars and you will stop, get picked up by the wind and make it back to the platform fast.

briarfox
01-11-2011, 02:44 PM
We did something slightly different, and it seemed to work well.
DK tank
Bear tank
Resto Drood
Holy Pally
Holy Priest
Fire and Arcane mages
Boomy
Assassination rogue
Fury warrior (I think fury anyway..warriors...meh)

We had our priest and bommy hang out with wind, the pally and bear on blue, and everyone else on green. We burned the living heck out of green and got him down to about 1 mil by the first ultimate, even with stopping to toast ads. After the first ultimate, the tank/healer teams swapped, but DPS stayed on and burned blue til about 4 or 5 stacks of the debuff, at which point all the dps but the boomy and arcane mage went back to green. Boomy and mage went to wind (yellow) where they burned him down to about 500k. We made sure green stayed at or just below 1 mil. For the 2nd ultimate, mage and boomy stayed put. Once it was up other dps stayed on blue while mage and boomy finished off the wind guy. At this point the 3 wind peeps hopped to blue, helped finish him off, then back to green for a kill. This setup was what we found worked best with our DPS and raid comp, and allowed a little more control over when we brought them down.

2 Important Notes:

Do your best NOT to down a dude before or durring an ultimate. Not only will the ultimate not cease, but your 60 second timer will continue to tick, wasting a fair bit of time.

Also, our priest had issues with levitate breaking during his fall. We had our mage throw slowfall when he was over there, since it doesn't break on damage.

smep
01-12-2011, 04:22 AM
Last week this boss pooped on us because we couldn't figure out Rohash, so I thought I'd offer some tips our healers used this week to avoid getting owned.

For the tornados, I was told that if you're just aiming your camera straight down, they're easy to avoid. Also, DBM or any other timers mod should help out in ancitipating incoming knockbacks.

Finally, our kill was very similar to those posted before. We got Nezir low, hopped over to finish off Anshal, iced Nezir (get it?) and then went to Rohash with plenty of time to spare. It's worth noting that even if the Djinn's energy is at 90, if they're Gathering Strength you can still use that portal to get to the other isles, they don't deactivate like they normally would during an ultimate.

Macaroth
01-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Something I'm not quite clear on; with Anshal, the 250% increase is unavoidable? Or is it something we're doing wrong on the platform? It seems we're having an issue with the tank getting completely pummeled by the sheer whaling power he's got after the ultimate.

briarfox
01-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Something I'm not quite clear on; with Anshal, the 250% increase is unavoidable? Or is it something we're doing wrong on the platform? It seems we're having an issue with the tank getting completely pummeled by the sheer whaling power he's got after the ultimate.

As far as I know, it's unavoidable. Honestly, as long as none of the ads are still alive and the healer is anticipating, you shouldn't have too much of an issue with this. Most tanks at this gear level should pop a CD or two to help take stress off the heals.

Faytlynn
01-13-2011, 03:14 PM
@ agate

I think this is a great diagram! I hope you don't mind if I borrow it :) We will be trying this tonight on 25 man. Would you suggest that we place all of our ranged DPS on the *yellow* platform? I really like the idea of the healers switching between *blue* and *yellow* as well. Seems like blue is overall the most healing intensive so this allows for those healers to get a break in between the ultimate switches.

ralasong
01-14-2011, 04:50 AM
This fight as been most annoying for my raid group on the fact that, we don't have one problem other then our one person at rohash getting knocked off. Hes been saying that rohash is turning and its pretty much unavoidable. Now i am a tank so i have no clue whats going on over there. So is this true and my raid member just need to get better or is it really unavoidable some times?

Infernalista
01-14-2011, 08:49 AM
Hello Aliena, its a pleasure for me talk to you =p, well me and My raid group have a problem with this boss...... when we kill Anshal's they enter in enrage, so we wiped, this happens all times and we doesnt know whats the matter, in dint see anything about enrage on your post, there are something we are let behind? Thank you !

Ps: Sorry about english , Im not american =p

FBMWhite
01-14-2011, 10:16 AM
This fight as been most annoying for my raid group on the fact that, we don't have one problem other then our one person at rohash getting knocked off. Hes been saying that rohash is turning and its pretty much unavoidable. Now i am a tank so i have no clue whats going on over there. So is this true and my raid member just need to get better or is it really unavoidable some times?

In 10 man at least, just swap what healer stays over there until one of them figures it out. First kill I didn't hear a single complaint after the initial 1-2 pulls, 2nd kill with new set of healers had like 7-8 wipes due to people on the platform getting blown off, swapped the healer over there and the problems magically disappeared. Personally as the tank I have no idea what's happening over there, but just swap people in there until someone figures it out.

1st healer was talking a good game, calling stuff out in vent, but it always inevitably ended with him getting blown off. Swap healer and no problems. Who knows?

Faytlynn
01-14-2011, 03:46 PM
My raid ran into the same issue last night with Anshal knocking people off. After a few attempts and changing things around, for us the best combo on the platform during the "Ultimate" phase was a SP, Mage and Disc Priest (the Warlocks using the portal trick only seemed to work about 50% of the time due to being tossed up and ending up too far away from their portal. they tried to place it in several locations, but always seemed to be an issue). However, then the issue we kept running into was he would do his knock back ability immediately when they would land.. and we would always seem to lose one raid member here. Now, I would concede that this could be an intended mechanic of the fight if we also didn't run into the same issue that ralasong posted.
The SP is one of my officers and one of my better raiders. He said that during Wind Blast ability, he was not spinning around the platform slowly. He seemed to just pick one random member after another to face (even if the prior one hadn't been knocked off). For example, said SP was 180 degrees on the other side of Anshal at the start of his rotation. He started to move a bit so he would be out of the way for the end of the rotation. However, right at his started to move, Anshal turned to face him and he got knocked off. I'm wondering if this is a bugged mechanic or if we are just simply missing something else.
If anyone else ran into similar issues or if someone knows how to avoid this, please let me know.

As always, thank you very much for the wonderful guides and advice.

Katzazi
01-15-2011, 07:57 PM
We are trying some different tacktiks for the bosses. But eventually whe have to switch tanks and healers. I would like to get some tips for this. I'm a warrior tank and start to tank life. We have a paladin team at frost. They bubble their debuffs away while everybody burns down the adds. (Well I'm trying to tell everybody that I don't need all the dps to do this, because most of them arive late anyway, but at the moment that's what we try to do.)

Anyway, we tried to switch healers between frost and wind, because we had the same idea as agates raid. But the healers complained. The one going to wind had problems to not land in whatever happens there and the healer going to frost complained that he has problems to get there at all. And when he lands that he has problems to reach the tank if the tank switches with green at the same time. If the tanks did not switch the blue tank droped to low to be healed up in time.

Well then we tried to let healers switch before tankes switched. However they had likewise problems with the health of the paladin tank on blue and the did it whenever they wanted so there was no window to jump for us tanks at a good time.

Then we tried to change blue and green teams. But the tank on blue just never could jump when I was free to jump because frost patches were at the wrong spot or whatever (I did not really understand what was his problem).

We always tried to switch after the ultimate - and healers switch before the ultimate. (I did not understand why, but it was to have them not switch at the same time to reduce the above mentioned struggles or something.) However when I jump as soon as possible, the life boss has his ultimate up and instant kills my healer. I think he does much less dmg if someone is in melee range of him. So I have to wait until 15 when I can kite him to the plattform. However our taktik is to tank the adds (we never tried to just burn them down randomly). So there has to be a tank at about 35 and I just reach the plattform at 20. It's a quite small window I have there to switch (and I don't know how to save the life healer from being killed during the jum). But the blue tank just never seems to have time to jump in that window.

I myself would prefere to change just before the ultimate. The boss will jump to the middle, no adds spawn and everything is easy at least on green. And on blue it may be a better idea to have a tank with low stacks when the ultimate hits.

My questions are:
- When is the best time to switch tanks?
- When do healers switch?
- How do you prevent the bosses hitting anybody while tank switching?
- Has anybody tried both: tanking adds and killing them randomly? With our ranged dps fokussed raid I found tanking them quite easy, especially with SB and victory rush, at least when everybody gave me time to collect them.

smep
01-17-2011, 04:02 AM
@Katzazi

1) The best time to switch tanks is around 80 energy, before Nezir's Sleetstorm.
2) The best time to switch healers is also around 80 energy, so they can heal their tank.
3) There's a delay before the bosses realize the tank went bye-bye and before they retarget another DPS, so if you jump as early as 80 energy, they won't swing at one of your squishier friends.
4) And yes, the adds should be tanked anyway. Ranged DPS has the advantage that they don't get the aoe-stacks on them, which is preferable. It's all about what works best with your group.

Sahdhiera
01-17-2011, 07:26 AM
If you happen to have a prot and a holy paladin in your 10man raid group, you can assign them to the Nezir platform. They can stay there the whole time, and at ~15 stacks of Wind Chill, just bubble to remove the debuff. So there is no need for tank switching.
As a side note, we killed Anshal first after dpsing the other two to about 15-20% HP, the DPS then went from Anshal's platform to Nezir's, and after that, everybody got to Rohash.

Winslow
01-17-2011, 01:17 PM
While you are learning the mechanics of the fight:
We have everybody on Anshal and Nezir stop what they are doing and prepare to move at 80. This means:
Run to your wind bridge
Stop DPS
Load up your tank with some HoTs

If everybody moves together, the tanks should jump last. We had a problem with the tank jumping too soon and a warlock jumping too late. Our team leaves Rohash to just the ranged dps and healer assigned to them, no swapping. We have the healer with their back to one wind bridge (in case they get RNG blasted, they can just jump back over) and the ranged dps with their back to the other wind bridge (same reason). This is so the whole raid doesn't get the silence debuff for not having anybody on Rohash.

Yes, you can have a paladin combo on Nezir bubble off the frost stacks. You will still need to do a tank swap after the 2nd Ultimate, and if the holy paladin is sly they can stay there the whole time. Otherwise, I'd say switch as normal.

This fight is a mechanics fight, survive the mechanics and you'll survive the encounter.

saillaw
01-17-2011, 03:05 PM
In 10 man at least, just swap what healer stays over there until one of them figures it out. First kill I didn't hear a single complaint after the initial 1-2 pulls, 2nd kill with new set of healers had like 7-8 wipes due to people on the platform getting blown off, swapped the healer over there and the problems magically disappeared. Personally as the tank I have no idea what's happening over there, but just swap people in there until someone figures it out.

1st healer was talking a good game, calling stuff out in vent, but it always inevitably ended with him getting blown off. Swap healer and no problems. Who knows?

I'm a Pally tank with holy as my offspec. Last night due to a shortage of healers I got assigned to heal for Rosh (the wind platform to the East). In the guide, she says it is like the Lurker below, which it sort of is. However, the tactic for the Lurker below was always to just dive under water till the spout passed you. Also, for the Lurker the spout was easy to see.

For Rosh, you obviously can't dive below the spout, and to complicate it more, it is difficult to see. The only advice I can really offer if your group is having trouble, is to:

1) Make sure to have 2 people on the platform at all times (i.e. donít have DPS leave) and have them spread out from each other a few yards side-to-side, this way if one person gets knocked off the other will still be there. For this reason, a combination of a healer and a hybrid-ranged dps would be ideal for the ranged dpsí ability to self-heal if the healer gets knocked off.

2) Make sure the people on that platform understand the mechanics of the ability. It will act like a sprinkler in your lawn. Rosh will randomly point the flow of water (wind in this case) in a direction and then slowly circle it clockwise. There is always the chance that the random point where it starts might hit you and the only thing you can really do to avoid that is bribe the RNG gods, or be quick and see what direction Rosh is facing during the 1 sec warning your get from DBM. Otherwise, you will just need to hope that with 360 degrees, he doesn't pick yours to start (which only happened once to me on about 10 wipes). Once he starts spraying the water (wind) you should be able to see the wall and simply run clockwise to avoid it (not counter clockwise as was suggested earlier). I tried improving my spell detail level and it didn't seem to make the wall any easier to see. Once you know the mechanic, it is a fairly easy ability to deal with unless the RNG gods are unkind.

I suspect that most people who are saying it spawns and hits them and knocks them off, simply donít understand the mechanic and that they are most of the time actually just getting hit by the wall as it rotates around the boss, but think that they are getting targeted by the boss to begin with.

Itís worth noting that Rosh can randomly do this ability at times other than immediately following his ultimate ability (hurricane), but he will ALWAYS cast this immediately following hurricane.

Finally, unlike the Lurker Below, the sprinkler in this instance doesn't make a full 360 degree rotation, so you only need to avoid it for part of the circumference of the platform, you donít have to run all the way around.

MasterDinadan
01-19-2011, 01:11 PM
2. How "sensitive" is the "empty platform = wipe" clause? Meaning, is it important for at least 1 DPSer to be on both Anshal's and Nezir's platforms, while the tank and healer switch? Or can the Anshal/Nezir switch be performed without leaving someone back?

Wanted to address this specifically, after many of my guildies seemed freaked out over the exact timing of the switches. When a platform is completely vacant, the boss begins channeling an ability that hits the entire raid, silencing them and causing them to take some damage over time. The damage is pretty minimal but the silence is the real killer, as you tanks will go down if the silence is up too long.
Typically, the tank/healer pairs only switch just before the ultimate. This is the same time that DPS should be switching. This means that Anshal and Nezir may briefly do their "I'm lonely so I'm gonna silence you all" bit for a second or two before transitioning into their ultimate. Seeing as nearly the entire raid will be in transit while this is going on, it doesn't matter. The only people who are actually affected are those on the Rohash platform who aren't switching, who may have a spell interrupted as a result of the silence, but honestly Rohash is about to start the ultimate anyway so that second or two of casting that you lost isn't a big deal. Basically, follow the guide and switch when you should, and the silence thing doesn't matter. The only time it wiped us is when everybody got knocked off of Rohash's platform and he was channeling for several seconds while the tanks were still taking a beating.

Faytlynn
01-19-2011, 03:08 PM
@ Jyl

To prevent this for ever being an issue for us, I staggered our jumps. DPS would jump @ 80 energy, and the tank healer sets @ 85. To make sure the tanks could make these jumps they would kite to near the bridges. As long as the Djinn are pointed away from the bridge, this did not present a problem for us.

@agate

As much as I liked the idea of this strategy, it does not seem to work as well on 25 man. What we ended up doing was having the healers follow their tanks. After a bit of gearing, this really didn't seem to be much of an issue for our healers. Also, we left a disc priest and another healer on Rohash's (yellow) platform along with an SP and mage. I tried using the locks with the SP, but sometimes they would be blown away from their portals and take massive damage. SP can heal themselves and self lev, same with the disc priest (and keep the mage up). The second healer was just a safety precaution in case a healer was knocked off (so we would always have one there). I would say you definitely need healers with high awareness on Rohash's platform. After the healers and the tanks get comfortable with the movement, it just comes down to balancing your DPS.

Katzazi
01-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Thanks for your advice. We killed them this week. We now let tanks and healers jump together, too. But we start to coordinate the jump as around 70 (don't knos why, RL insisted). The actual jump often was around 80. We did not tank the adds anymore. However I think it would be faster and easier to heal if we would tank them, again. When we tanked them they were easily dead around 65 and now sometimes one or two flowers survive. DPS changes for ultimate when flowers are dead or at the last moment.

Each group probably has to find their own strategy. As soon as you know how to coordinate the jumps it's only about balancing your dmg right. How you do this depends on your setup and how much every player is able to contribute.

Wappadu
01-20-2011, 11:08 AM
We've got a 10 man raid team with a prot and holy paladin on most nights. Our main trouble so far has been the length of fight, with us being unable to recover from a mistake late in the try. I've seen multiple posters here recommend starting the paladin team on Nezir and using divine protection to wipe the debuffs for the first ultimate. We did that, but they were concerned about Nezir's Sleet Storm lasting 15 seconds, well over the 8 second immunity bubble.

As a result, West platform's dps was coming over every time, including the first, to help eat that damage with the paladins. They would then return to West. We could get a lot more dps on Anshal if everyone stayed put for the first ultimate, but I'm unsure what Sleet Storm can do to 2 people without debuffs over 7-8 seconds.

Wowhead lists the ability as doing 28500 to 31500 every second for 15 seconds, divided amongst all targets. Can we safely keep dps burning on West for the first ultimate and speed this encounter along, or is it safest to split the damage everytime? Thanks for the clarification.

Winslow
01-24-2011, 02:15 AM
It's not really a matter if you can safely keep your DPS on Anshal's platform during the Ultimate for continued DPS.. it's not wise. The damage from sleetstorm is split amongst all targets (read: players) on Nezir's platform during the ultimate. DPS on Anshal is not an issue if he is being tanked correctly, out of the circles of healing. We usually find that DPS on Anshal actually has to stop on the 3rd rotation so we can focus on bringing Nezir's health down further.

Set up your raid (on 10m) like so and see how it works for you, keep in mind it's different for every team:
Anshal: Tank, 1 healer (preferred strong AOE healing), 2 dps. Both DPS should be able to stun, snare, and AOE without it being too much of a resource drain. Hunters are sublime at this.
Nezir: Tank, 1 healer (single target healing is fine), 2 dps. Both DPS and the healer make sure and stay behind Nezir at all times, and avoid the section of the platform near the wind bridge until ready to jump. This is because he will drop frost puddles in the way of where you will need to run.
Rohash: 1 ranged dps and 1 single target healer. You should both stay there the whole time, but the DPS can go to Nezir's platform if they want. I choose to stay because I can continue DPS and I don't want to get behind on the percentages.

During the switch you should have a tank, healer, and 2 dps on Nezir's platform to split up the sleet storm damage. Your AOE healer will be pressed here, but skills like aura mastery or a resistance totem help reduce the damage. During the 2nd rotation Anshal should be close to death, but just keep him from healing and keep his HP low until Nezir is ready to pop. We use Nezir as our marker for when to blow them up.. at 10% (roughly 700k health). If you time it right, you will win.

Long story short: If you leave only 2 people there even with only 7 seconds of the sleetstorm, you will die.

We've got a 10 man raid team with a prot and holy paladin on most nights. Our main trouble so far has been the length of fight, with us being unable to recover from a mistake late in the try. I've seen multiple posters here recommend starting the paladin team on Nezir and using divine protection to wipe the debuffs for the first ultimate. We did that, but they were concerned about Nezir's Sleet Storm lasting 15 seconds, well over the 8 second immunity bubble.

As a result, West platform's dps was coming over every time, including the first, to help eat that damage with the paladins. They would then return to West. We could get a lot more dps on Anshal if everyone stayed put for the first ultimate, but I'm unsure what Sleet Storm can do to 2 people without debuffs over 7-8 seconds.

Wowhead lists the ability as doing 28500 to 31500 every second for 15 seconds, divided amongst all targets. Can we safely keep dps burning on West for the first ultimate and speed this encounter along, or is it safest to split the damage everytime? Thanks for the clarification.

Amethystine
01-24-2011, 07:51 AM
One fun little trick we've found out about this fight... if you have a Death Knight tank, particularly one glyphed for Anti-Magic Shell, it is wholly possible and, perhaps, easier, to have him tank Nezir the entirety of the fight. The reason being that, if you can time your AMS right (I believe its just before the Whiteout preceding his Ultimate), it is possible to clear your stacks without switching tanks. You'll still have to switch healers, of course, but consistently tanking the same boss would make transitions a little less hectic.

gonlaz
01-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Hoping I could ask this question here, sorry in advance if wrong place.

DPS on this - what kind of average is expected on this fight? My RL and I are disagreeing on that. Other than myself (playing on my rogue) nobody is getting into double digit DPS, I am greatly concerned due to the new content being more challenging. It may not be a dps race but I do not like people using that as an excuse, sounds weak-sauce to me. So anyway, thanks in advance :)

Daimon
01-24-2011, 01:37 PM
This is one of the most RGN fights so far, the range group sometimes get the boss pointing at one of them and spouting in other direction, not to mention the transparent graphics of the spell, also if they stack there is not chance of recovery if they all get thrown off the platform. Also if you run into the air corridor between platforms making a slight angle, you fall into the void, and sometimes even running straight you fall. The transition between Anshal and Nezir tanks has to be flawless, since he can use premafrost pointing at the exit where all the dps is jumping in and out.
The enrage timer is not bad, we killed Anshal and all jumped to Nezir while the warlock still had to finish off Rohash and with one dps less was still doable, also is very possible dropping down Nezir even before Anshal since when all dps jumps in that platform the dmg done along 2 or 3 transitions is a lot.

Charonites
01-27-2011, 04:14 AM
We downed this last week but our kill was extremely messy and we feel that we over complicated it - and whilst it worked and we did manage a kill - we felt it could be alot simplier, I will try to explain our entire strategy for this fight.

Raid composition: 3 Healers, 2 Tanks, 3 Ranged DPS, 2 Melee DPS.

We had all our Ranged at Rohash with a Healer, a Tank and Healer team on Nezir and a Tank and Healer team at Anshal with the Melee DPS. During the initial (what we called our Phase 1), it was the Ranged job to burst Rohash as much as possible, doing the swaps at 75 Energy - they kept doing this until Rohash was at 500k health. During this time, it was the Melee group's job just to prevent him from healing as much as possible and just DPS down the adds/Anshal as best as they could. Once the Ranged team had Rohash down to 500k, they would all run to Anshal's platform (we had them go towards the instance enterance rather then jump through Nezir, so they avoided the stacks of the debuff) and we had all our DPS focus burn down Anshal. Once Anshal reaches 300k health, the Ranged would return to Rohash and the Melee would continue at Anshal. The two teams would then bring down their bosses at the same time.

Jump over to Nezir, activate Time Warp (we don't have a Shaman, and feel a Shaman's use is limited on this fight due to everyone not being able to benefit from their totems) and nuke down Nezir. Using this method we downed the boss with a Tank and Healer dead. We believe this was just a bad transition.. but it was extremely complicated. It took us a couple attempts to get this strategy down, as we realised if we got both bosses down to the 500/300k threshold, just before the ultimate, Anshal would heal during the Ultimate, then Rohash would be dead.. and not have enough time to finish off the other 2 bosses before Rohash reappears. The way we combatted this for the actual kill was that we ensured that the 500/300k threshold was established AFTER the ultimate and well before the next. Doing this enabled us to kill them at the same time (we used different threshold as the Ranged DPS had more DPS then the Melee and could burn 500k in about the same time the Melee could burn 300k) and we got a kill. As a sidenote, our Rohash healer got very bored during this fight as he was at Rohash the entire fight. :P

Is this strategy too complicated and could it be simplified? Or is it a completely viable tactic? Because I think if it's viable for continued kills, we're going to go ahead and keep doing it..

EDIT As it stands, we don't think our Healers can handle more then just himself and the Tank over at the Nezir platform due to the stacking debuff, so having our Ranged DPS go onto Nezir after Rohash is at 500k isn't viable as it would result in a wipe.[/b]

Onyxstar
01-28-2011, 10:02 AM

DPS on this - what kind of average is expected on this fight? My RL and I are disagreeing on that. Other than myself (playing on my rogue) nobody is getting into double digit DPS, I am greatly concerned due to the new content being more challenging. It may not be a dps race but I do not like people using that as an excuse, sounds weak-sauce to me. So anyway, thanks in advance

10 or 25 man?

Charonites
01-29-2011, 01:43 AM

DPS on this - what kind of average is expected on this fight? My RL and I are disagreeing on that. Other than myself (playing on my rogue) nobody is getting into double digit DPS, I am greatly concerned due to the new content being more challenging. It may not be a dps race but I do not like people using that as an excuse, sounds weak-sauce to me. So anyway, thanks in advance :)

The video shows that Rohash and Anshal should be dead before the third ultimate, but definately before the fourth if that isn't possible. The reason for this is primarily Healer mana. In fights without enrage timers (I could be wrong, but I don't think this has one?) your DPS are just there to make sure your Healers don't run OOM.

Our Guild killed this with Rohash and Anshal dying after the third ultimate but before the fourth. Our Healers were getting low on Mana at the time and we barely managed the kill.

MasterDinadan
01-29-2011, 11:04 PM
We just downed Conclave and I want to share our tactics.
We put one healer and one DPS on Rohash island (the weakest healer and the strongest DPS) and the two of them remained on that island the entire fight.

Then we had a tank-healer pair on each of Anshal and Rohash, switching before each ultimate at 85 energy or so. All four DPS that weren't assigned to Rohash also would be switching, but they stay together. They begin on Anshal and make sure to kill the adds. When energy is about 85, they switch to Nezir. They stay there until 10-15 energy and then switch back to Anshal. They then repeat the process. (The raid leader should keep an eye on the health of Anshal and Nezir and decide exactly when the switch needs to happen).

After the third ultimate, the bosses should all be around 25%. The timing of the last switch back to Anshal is tricky, because you don't want to kill him too quickly. We brought Nezir down to about 10% before sending DPS to Anshal. Once there, they burned down Anshal (ignoring adds this time since they would be harmless once everyone leaves the platform). Then, DPS simply finishes off Nezir and Rohash.

The biggest challenge is the timing, as killing Anshal too quickly after the third ultimate leaves too little time to kill the other bosses. At the same time, Anshal needs to go down before the fifth ultimate or he will heal and massively buff the adds (Which haven't been killed) and the Nezir team will take massive sleetstorm damage.

On our kill, we had Anshal die at around 60 energy, with Nezir going down quickly enough afterwards that everyone made it to the Rohash platform before the ultimate. Rohash popped his ultimate with 300k health left and Anshal had about 20 seconds left before getting back up.

In my opinion, the easiest boss of the four "entry" bosses at this tier, but then again we've had miserable luck with Halfus drakes. With the right setup, he's probably a bit easier.

briarfox
01-31-2011, 07:53 AM
Meters are can be really deceptive on this fight given how much movement and coordination there is. That being said, our raid averaged 52,500 dps (10 man) on the Conclave. As a point of reference, we're doing about 112,000 dps on Halfus and about 100,000 on Magmaw (new shammy on that fight). Realistically, you should aim to be downing the last boss right before the third ultimate, or pushing the first one down immediately following the third ultimate.

As far as jumping to Nezir, the issue isn't that staying on the other two platforms will kill you, it won't. But unless a lot of people on blue, being there WILL kill them. It's a meteor effect (Blackrock Caverns, Algaloth...).

As for the wind fellow, before he does his blast attack, there are a good 2 seconds where he is casting it and is facing the direction where it will begin, similar to C'Thun. Just pay attention and you'll be fine.

Kojiyama
02-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Something I would note that caught me a little by surprise when I started tanking this. Because of his ridiculously massive hitbox, Anshal has to be miles outside of his ground-based healing to not get the heal.

Like, literally almost the entire width of the circle of additional space between him and the circle. I noticed he didn't have a buff coming up when he was standing in it like many similar mechanics, so I simply watched for heal ticks to confirm.

If you have having trouble with Anshal, triple-check that your tanks are actually moving him far enough away. We did this wrong (moving him visually away, even by a good 5-10 meters) and he was going down very slowly. As soon as we changed, he was being the first to die--actually too quickly--and nearly dead by the 2nd transition with 3 DPS.

It totally changes the dynamic of his health pool if your tank isn't moving him properly out of the zone. I'm basically trying to run as far away from him as possible when he starts casting, which is generally just enough distance to get him out when he catches up to me.

Faessel
02-04-2011, 08:45 AM
I haven't done this fight yet and my guild is trying it Tuesday, so here is my question; would Anti-Magic Shell remove the stacks from Nezir? I know Ozumat's stacks are removed from Anti-Magic Shell, would it do the same with Nezir's? If it does, what the best time to clear my stacks? 4-5?

Dext
02-04-2011, 09:26 AM
You can use AMS to drop your stacks at the end of his ultimate ( about half a second left in his channel). I would suggest being glyphed for it as it has a bit of RNG and sometimes he take a couple seconds to recast the debuff other times he does it right after.

For 10 personally what we do is, Lock/priest on Rohash, tank/healer all but one range dps on Anshall, and pali healer and DK tank with one range dps on Nezir. To drop stacks the range dps on nezir goes over to burn adds on anshall then comes back for ultimate with all the dps. Basically the dps swap between Anshall ( main) Nezir ( to eat aoe) . I drop the stacks with AMS at the end of ultimate, our pali healer bubbles them off during the second ultimate.

Usually our lock can take down Rohash to sub 5% by the time Anshall dies.. Myself and the range can take a huge chunk ( usually bout 15% left) when anshall dies. Depending on the fight we swap out one range to certain points to help out, but we honestly only move for the ultimates other than that we focus fire.

Faessel
02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Alright, cool, I just wanted to make sure it was stacks you could drop. I guess I'll drop them after the second ult so I can minimize the damage during the third recharge.

Pockmark
02-15-2011, 07:58 AM

If this is heroic 10 man. I Can vouch that sometimes after the ultimate, he will pop his windy whirl wind with the knocback directly on people. I think its random tho, as have seen him point it totally away from our little group.

I would say from what I have seen yes, sometimes it is unfortuneate and spawns right on someone.

Faessel
02-21-2011, 11:36 AM
If this is heroic 10 man. I Can vouch that sometimes after the ultimate, he will pop his windy whirl wind with the knocback directly on people. I think its random tho, as have seen him point it totally away from our little group.

I would say from what I have seen yes, sometimes it is unfortuneate and spawns right on someone.

It does it in normal 10 man too. What we do is after the ultimate end the healer still on Rohash's platform tells the two DPS when to come back because we were having the issue of them getting knocked off the platform the moment they jumped over.

Lignar
04-15-2011, 06:37 AM
My group is struggling with this fight. Wondering if someone here can point us in the right direction. I've not had a chance to dig into the /combatlog as the fight was just last night and I usually get to see sunrise from my office.

We get through the first Ultimate just fine, then things go to crap. Sometimes it's a RNG type of thing where Rohash is casting wind Blast where the returning DPS will be landing etc...but usually the tank that moves to Nazir dies right after the Ultimate and I can't help but think we're just missing something.

We start with a DK tank and healer with Nazir, Holy pally and 2 ranged on Rohash, Warrior tank and healer on Anshal with the rest of the dps. Right before the first Ultimate (80 energy) we collapse our DPS to Nazir and swap the tank/healers (except the holy pally with Rohash stays put). After the Ultimate, dps jump back to their starting platform and tanks stay on their 'new' platform. We traded the Warrior out for a prot pally and rotated our healers between the tanks (one is a holy pally, other holy priest)...no luck. The only thing we didn't try (and I didn't think of it until writing this post) was to swap the starting location for the tanks...

After the first ultimate, the tank on Nazir is down which means wipe since that means the healer on that platform is gonna get one-shotted and then we have an empty platform which we all know means.....wipe.

agate
04-18-2011, 06:20 AM
My group is struggling with this fight. Wondering if someone here can point us in the right direction.

We get through the first Ultimate just fine, then things go to crap....but usually the tank that moves to Nazir dies right after the Ultimate and I can't help but think we're just missing something.

Try the strategy I posted (post #22), which has you switch healers between Rohash and Nezir rather than Anshal and Nezir. Rohash is the easiest healing job by far, so rotating that healer into the mix means he'll have mana and cooldowns available to burn after the first Ultimate.

Felycitas
04-23-2011, 01:13 PM
As a tank for this fight, what trinkets do I want to focus on?

Avoidance, Stamina, or Resistance?