PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Heroic Deadmines - Admiral Ripsnarl

Arkian
12-12-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm having some trouble getting/keeping the Vapors on me. I'm a Warrior tank. The issue seems to be with the large distance between Vapor spawns and the way they die/spawn so quickly that half the time I'm wasting cooldowns.
So what's the best way of handling really wide net group aggro (in general and in this specific case)? Vigilance will get me a free Taunt but letting the DPS take damage is no way to go. Right now I'm working mainly with upgraded Cleave, Thunder Clap, Demo Shout. Slipping Shockwave in when it's not on cooldown. I'm trying to waste as little rage/GCD on Ripsnarl as possible.

The group is just trying to burn the Vapors down with DPS as quickly as possible while (in theory) I keep Ripsnarl out of melee range of them and keep the Vapors main frost attack pointed directly at me. That's the best plan right now isn't it?

Thanks.

Legira
12-12-2010, 04:57 PM
You really shouldn't even need to pick them up to be honest. The DPS should be focusing them before they even become an issue.

Aggathon
12-12-2010, 06:24 PM
^ what they said.

If it becomes big then taunt it, otherwise the DPS should be burning them down before they grow the 2nd and 3rd times.

klausi
12-13-2010, 04:07 AM
I hit them once with either shieldslam, devastate or revenge and face them away from the group. While the Admiral is up: rend via BnT + cleave + revenge + shockwave is easily enough to clue them to me.

Relem
12-13-2010, 04:13 AM
haven't so much problem to hold aggro on vapor liste night...

BUT have HUGE problem on KILL vapors last night, and i haven't still find how to do him.

Is a dps race? shall just one DPS kill the vapor meanwile the other 2 will burn him to reset frenzu stacks?

klausi
12-16-2010, 07:12 PM
It's a dps race, have one dps sitting on the boss while the other two and you kill the vapors. He can join you if there are too many.

SeptimX
12-19-2010, 07:09 PM
have tried this, took a few tries (and hour and 30gold repair after)...

tank focus on boss when he's out (always)
dps focus fire on first vapor that comes out and next, then back to boss...
any spare DoT that can be placed on the boss while dps vapors, do it...
and good luck

well now after 6 weeks CATA, and most people having new and better gear = better dps output, the vapors are only getting to size 2 or not before they fizzle die out... it has become a race on which one of us can kill it faster...