PDA

View Full Version : Tanking lvl 82 fury warr wanting to learn prot!

Jaiana01
12-11-2010, 07:25 PM
I am an 82 fury warr but would like to learn how to tank. My tanking experience is very, very limited and could use any advise that you could give. I am currently speced into blood and thunder but don't particularly care for it. This could be beacuse of my limited exp, but it seems to me that it's takes more time to gain aggro rend tanking. Looking for good overall advice for tanking without the use of rend/tc. Spec's, keybinds, glyphs, rotations and stratgey advise would be most helpful. Looking mostly to be able to tank random heroics for now. Thank you in advance for your time!

captanmurdoc
12-11-2010, 08:58 PM
rend tanking is a little wierd getting used to it but once u do its far better than other tank specs for sustained aggro and by dropping it your burst threat doesnt improve really. i suggest getting tidy plates or another name plate type addon to help show your threat on multiple targets and when u charge in drop a thunderclap and then shockwave for burst threat then putting up a rend and start cleaving. it will spread on your second TC. if you have more than 3 enemies in the group tab after every cleave or 2 to help spread threat

Reev
12-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Honestly? I wouldn't recommend you learn on the new instances right now. Many people are still getting used to the mechanics and it's an extra layer of stress. Either try learning in a month or two when everyone knows the mechanics and the healers have enough mana to make up for errors, or learn on a different toon. Roll a low level goblin warrior to tank with and learn as you level, or something like that.

Jaiana01
12-11-2010, 11:14 PM
ya, didn't intend to use the new instances for learning, was thinking more of doing lower lvl wrath instances to start off. Ty for the advise so far!

Blodgrahm
12-12-2010, 09:35 PM
personally id say that since so many people are still getting used to the new mechanics and everything i say go and just tank a couple of the WOTLK instances for a hour or two and then go balls to the walls once you've gotten a decent grasp of what you need to do and go for tanking the new instances. i mean since so many people are still relearning so much people are being much more patient at least from what I've seen so far or you could always ask a couple of your guildies if they want to go and farm up those 5 mans with you that way you know your not going to have the added stress of pissing off a bunch of people and your with people that your already familiar with. either way whatever you decide to do i wish you the best of luck on your new journey of becoming a warrior tank

kungfugrip
12-12-2010, 10:39 PM
http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72198-Cata-Prot-Warrior-rotation&p=478011#post478011

take that and mix it with

http://wow-pro.com/node/3275

and

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981898783

although i don't totally agree w/ everything in that last link