PDA

View Full Version : Back after 5 years, Advice is appreciated :-)

dadam191
12-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Ok after a 5 year break, alot has changed, I have been back for a little over a week. I am a Prot spec'd Warrior. I was a main Tank for MC for a long time before I stopped. I started in HF and now I am in Zangar. I have been doing so much reading I feel like I am back in college all over again :-). I will send a link to my armory and my talen spec and I would appreciate adivice from all directions if possible. I plan on getting my tank to 85 then rerolling something else to experince the new 1-60 experience.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarius/saramon/advanced Armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarius/saramon/talent/primary Talent Tree

Thank to all who reply, I appreciate everyone input and advice in advance :-)

Norc
12-10-2010, 09:03 AM
I would recommend picking up the Cataclysm strategy guide that just came out with Cataclysm (Bradygames). It has tons of great info and gets old players up to speed with new game mechanics and class changes.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dadam191
12-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Ya but I have been reading websites and alot of forums, would they not tell the same thing?

CatabriOnEarthen
12-10-2010, 11:41 AM
I would recommend picking up the Cataclysm strategy guide that just came out with Cataclysm (Bradygames). It has tons of great info and gets old players up to speed with new game mechanics and class changes.

Well, having all the info in one place has its advantages. If you don't want to part with your money (and I understand that!), then take a few hours and have a nice warm cuppa at your local bookstore (B&N or Borders). Enjoy a tasty treat while you are at it. (I can part w/ $2 for a cup of coffee and a few bucks for some Godiva Cheesecake pretty easy.)

dadam191
12-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Ahhh ok, well then i might jus tpick it up, are there any recommendations based on my gear for my level and my talent tree? I was thinking of buying some Smithy made gear or at least mining the resources for one to make it! Thoughts?

Kazeyonoma
12-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Moved to HALP section.

CatabriOnEarthen
12-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Ahhh ok, well then i might jus tpick it up, are there any recommendations based on my gear for my level and my talent tree? I was thinking of buying some Smithy made gear or at least mining the resources for one to make it! Thoughts?

There's a BiS pre-raid list somewhere around here. If not, look for Maintankadin's list for pallies. I *think* the same holds pretty true for all plate tanks (except weapon, DKs want a 2H). Crafted gear is gonna be stupid expensive for the foreseeable future, given the mats needed for it, and for leveling BS.

Just remember, find a slow weapon, a big shield, be able to hit stuff. OH, and find a healer to drag along in your pocket.

Theotherone
12-10-2010, 01:45 PM

Personally, I'd go with the drops as you make your way to 85; once you hit 85 you can start thinking about crafted gear. The way I've done it with my alts and I have numbers 6, 7, and 8 coming through the ranks is to rely on drops and kind of patch together what I get until I hit max level then I worry about the good stuff. (Well, not entirely true, my priest was my last (5th) toon to make it to 80 and I kind of twinked her out the entire time, but then again I had all the professions (except LW and Skinning) maxed and an abundance of soon to be obsolete mats).

dadam191
12-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Hmmmm intresting, well the good thing is I have very high skill in mining so i can at least farm my own mats, theproblem is, doing that then in 4 or 5 levels it is time for a new BS set, So like you said maybe waiting till i get max will be what i need to do. But if you look at my item level, does it seem to be level with my experience level?