PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Trying to get back into tanking for cata

ygar
12-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Hey all,

Been away for a while and have finally returned to the forums..

I have been busy grinding alt's up and things that are not helping my main lol...

I know cata is just round the corner so gear doesn't mean much at the mo.. But could someone have a quick look at my toon:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kil%27jaeden&cn=Dodgeadin
And let me know if I am doing anything retarded or maybe some suggestions of things that need changing..

Going to get a ICC run in tonight and would like to be in a good way before jumping in there lol.

Thanks

CatabriOnEarthen
12-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Gear looks ok for the front of ICC. Sindy/LK might be rough. Go to maintankadin look up their spec recommendations. Yours is off a bit. Glyph of Divinity is silly. Mana shouldn't be an issue. Not to mention if YOU are using LoH, someone isn't doing their job. Dazing Shield is PvPish. Use Focused Shield (for single target), Ascetic Crusader, and Divine Plea (which when popped gives you insta 3HP). Can't tell your Primes from the Armory, but they should be: Truth, HoTR, and Crusader's Strike. SotR is decent as is Judgment. All IMHO.

ygar
12-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Awesome thanks for the help there bud.. Yeah not sure what divinity is doing in there.. Must have over looked that one. As for primes.. They are the ones I use so all good there..

I will take a look at the specs.. Just threw that one together for getting back into it.. Didn't pay that much attention to it lol..

And the shield is very pvp.. But it was loads better than the one from heroics..

Selene
12-03-2010, 11:59 AM
I think he is referring to the Dazing Shield glyph, I know I like it for running instances, just because of how "trigger-happy" the dps are.

CatabriOnEarthen
12-03-2010, 12:03 PM
I think he is referring to the Dazing Shield glyph,

Yes. SHE. Is. I don't run heroics anymore. I only run one if someone needs my help w/ a specific achievement or something. I thought about it, but ... meh. I'll go level that Nelf Warrior instead. (PURELY as a test of myself, mind you. Warrior, Mage, Rogue and Shammy are the only classes I haven't hit 80 on. Shammy is 70, Rogue and Mage are 47, and will be reborn as worgen or goblin. I've never gotten a Warrior passed 30. Too much UGH SQUISHY).

Selene
12-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I haven't gotten past I think 18 or 23 on a warrior, though with the changes, might have to give it a try again, just the Rage is so MEH.
And sorry, unless I'm told specifically someone is a "she" I assume everyone is a "he" because it is usually "safer" >.>

CatabriOnEarthen
12-03-2010, 12:08 PM
just the Rage is so MEH. And sorry, unless I'm told specifically someone is a "she" I assume everyone is a "he" because it is usually "safer" >.>

Yes. Solo, I'm very very angry. In a group, I'm rage starved. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.

I get it a lot. Nalf is male. Therefore, I must be male......cuz girls don't tank. And even if they do, they don't lead raids. And even if they do, they can't be good at it.....*sigh*

ygar
12-03-2010, 10:08 PM
wow well that started a conversation lol... thanks for the advice... i am trying it all out know...