PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Rogue Dps Fail

ShadowsNDust
11-27-2010, 04:39 PM
ive got to lv80 just over a week ago on my rogue which is my one and only character. i have geared relatively quickly and got to 5.5k gs however, i have got most but lacking a few but not major enchantments on my gear and a couple gems but looking at them n thinkin is it them n working it out is isnt, my dps is catastrophicly low, and im not sure, i have a hc weapon in mh (Seven Fingered Claws w/ +65 Att Power) and a icc10 hc weapon on oh (Bone Wardens Splitter w/ +65 Att Power). but wen i was doing a normal dungeon wiv a friend, it was 2.8k, it wud usually top at 3.5k max varying on buffs etc. so i was wondering if any1 cud suggest wat i cud do to improve this, my rotation for a mob is, sinister strike and revealing strike to 5 combo points and eviscerate, and sometimes using finisher earlier if it will die before 5. So any suggestions?

Zxian
11-27-2010, 05:24 PM
If you're talking about trash, just spam FoK.

For single target you also need to keep Slice and Dice up - and Rupture as well. Both are higher priority than Eviscerate.

Jammer Six
11-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Can't read your post, sorry.

CatabriOnEarthen
11-28-2010, 12:54 AM
Can't read your post, sorry.

QFT. At least attempting to use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling would be helpful.

Rupture is a huge DPS enhancer. I'm not sure of the technicalities, but FoK got nerfed. However, on trash it is still a great tool. Trade ToT w/ another rogue. Check here for all things rogue: http://shadowpanther.net/ and I found another site, but didn't look at it at all, http://www.roguespot.com/ This is TANKspot, and while most of us have alts that do different things, dps issues are usually best answered on other forums.

Selene
11-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Okay first off learn to use something close to proper grammar and punctuation.
Secondly, sounds like you are combat spec, give us a link to your armory (so we can look at gear/enchants/gems/spec).
Third, rotation for combat is more or less the same as it has been.
Sinister Strike til 3-5 combo points, Slice n Dice, Sinister Strike to 4-5 combo points, Eviscerate, Sinister Strike to 4-5 combo points, Eviscerate. Rinse Repeat.
You can also try to use the new Revealing Strike but most combat rogues I know don't bother with it.

As for weapon enchants, you want Berserking on all your weapons.
Also for a Rogue, Dungeons are a bad place to check for DPS, a Rogue really shows their DPS on a Raid Boss, especially someone like Saurfang, where you can just stand there and smack the boss around without running around.

uglybbtoo
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
As selene said really need an armory link and I like him I am assuming from the rotation you gave you are combat spec and you don't even talk about slice and dice and rupture which should be always up.

Revealing strike is important since the 4.0.3 but the other 2 are more important and you get up first and make sure both stay up throughout the fight.

You want a slow main hand weapon (read the tool tip on sinister strike) and since 4.0.1 a fast off hand weapon (we used to use slow off hand) which usually means a dagger which can get down to 1.4s speed.

Zxian
11-29-2010, 11:55 AM
You want a slow main hand weapon (read the tool tip on sinister strike) and since 4.0.1 a fast off hand weapon (we used to use slow off hand) which usually means a dagger which can get down to 1.4s speed.

PvE Rogues have always needed a fast offhand. For assassination it was less crucial until the changes to Deadly Poison with 3.3, but Combat has always required a fast offhand due to Combat Potency.

General idea for combat is as follows:
Sinister Strike until 4 CP.
If you got to 5 because of Glyph of Sinister Strike, go to #4.
Revealing Strike
Does Slice and Dice up and does it have a good amount of time left (5+sec)? If no, Slice and Dice. Go to #1. If Yes, go to #5.
Is Rupture up? If no, Rupture. Go to #1. If yes, go to #6.
Eviscerate.

You skip Revealing Strike if you've already hit 5 CP due to Sinister Strike, since it's a waste of energy (the bonus damage doesn't outweigh the lost combo point).

Mammoth
11-30-2010, 06:07 AM
It's my understanding that Revealing Strike does not affect Slice and Dice. So if you know you need to use your current combo points to refresh SnD then you can skip Revealing Strike entirely.

uglybbtoo
11-30-2010, 06:34 PM
As with all these priority list there will always need to be some flex ... alot of time you actually have to move because of fire under your feet etc.

In the situation you talk about if I had 4 CP's up I would probably Reveal strike and Eviscerate then do a fast maybee 1 or 2 combo point slice and dice BUT it would depend what I expected to happen next ... others may do it different. The important part is not to waste combo points.

These situations come up once in a while lets say 5% so the effect on DPS is not that huge if you are getting 95% correct. So worrying about what you would do in the 5% odd ball cases is not worth the effort it is more important they understand what they are trying to do and get 95% correct.