PDA

View Full Version : Tanking cpu input help

lovecow
11-20-2010, 02:05 PM
im not sure if this is the right forum if not im sorry im currently haveing issues with my tower's cpu ive currently up graded the memory with 4 gigs and installed a 9800 graphics card now im stuck with towers cpu issues so i came here..for input and feed back below is my current cpu current cpu AMD Sempron™ LE-1200 processor (2.1GHz, 512KB L2 cache, 1600MHz system bus) possible upgrade not sure http://www.amazon.com/AMD-ATHLON-1000MHZ-CACHE-ADO5000IAA5DU/dp/B0031GE8W6/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1290285900&sr=1-8 any help with this will help me ton thnx in advance

Goros
11-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Need to know what mobo you have.

Also, the better your cpu, the better wow will run. Wow is much harder on your cpu than it is your gpu.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lovecow
11-20-2010, 11:23 PM
i came across a program that gave me a bio of my tower hope this helps

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1494563

Goros
11-21-2010, 07:53 AM
take your nvidia 6100 out completely, all it's doing is jacking up your bandwidth. You will have to go into your motherboard bios at startup to disable it, or check your manual for a jumper setting on the board to disable it manually.

You also have a single core processor. It's basically garbage for gaming. You need at least a dual core or triple core, if you can afford it (and assuming your mobo will take it) a quad or hex core would be sexy also. Just make sure it's socket am2 sized and you should be fine.

If it was me, I would replace the mobo and the processor and ram at the same time, as your tech seems pretty outdated (ddr2, 800mhz fsb, etc).

lovecow
11-21-2010, 12:58 PM
take your nvidia 6100 out completely, all it's doing is jacking up your bandwidth. You will have to go into your motherboard bios at startup to disable it, or check your manual for a jumper setting on the board to disable it manually.

You also have a single core processor. It's basically garbage for gaming. You need at least a dual core or triple core, if you can afford it (and assuming your mobo will take it) a quad or hex core would be sexy also. Just make sure it's socket am2 sized and you should be fine.

If it was me, I would replace the mobo and the processor and ram at the same time, as your tech seems pretty outdated (ddr2, 800mhz fsb, etc).

when u say nvidia i assume u are talking about my graphics card

as far as my processor u said a dual core/triple core/hex core would u know any fair sites i could go to

u also noted on saying i should replace quote lol if it was u my mobo/processor and ram would u know any i could look at is 4 gigs not enough?

Destruyen
11-21-2010, 02:43 PM
newegg.com is really the only place worth going to for pc parts. they always have some good deals going on and fast shipping.

i would look into getting at least a quad core cpu, mobo, and 4 gigs of ddr3 ram minimum. the 9800 card you have is fine for most games coming out now, and it's more than enough for wow if that's the only game you play.

i'd say for around $400-$500 you can get some serious upgrades to those parts and keeping your hard drives and disc drives. just make sure that your power supply can handle your new mobo/cpu and that your new mobo will fit in your case.

lovecow
11-21-2010, 08:25 PM
http://www.pricewatch.com/gallery/motherboard_combos/phenom_720

would this be a good mobo to run with

Goros
11-22-2010, 05:26 AM
when u say nvidia i assume u are talking about my graphics card

Look at what you posted for your cpuz specs. You show 2 graphics cards, one being on "onboard" card (the 6100 listed as GPU1)
attached to your motherboard. You have to turn that off, you are wasting resources. If it was off, it wouldn't show up on the list, you have to go in and disable it yourself.

as far as my processor u said a dual core/triple core/hex core would u know any fair sites i could go to I'm assuming that you have no idea how to work on computers so I'm going to tell you to NOT replace the processor only, get a mobo/cpu/ram combo from newegg. Since you'd be working on a gateway, there might be a bios or firmware update you would need to make happen to upgrade your processor alone, and i'd be afraid you'd brick it.

u also noted on saying i should replace quote lol if it was u my mobo/processor and ram would u know any i could look at is 4 gigs not enough? it's not the quantity, it's the quality. 4 GB is plenty, but your processor and mobo are junk, and ddr2 is outdated - but to use newer stuff, you need a newer board.