PDA

View Full Version : PST - Episode 4

Lore
11-19-2010, 11:29 PM
YyWFLdKfq_c

Questions answered this week: How will Mass Resurrection work for classes who don't use mana? Why aren't there any guild perks specifically for PVP? What's with the DPS talents in healing trees? Will guild experience be applied retroactively? And more!

Prinz
11-20-2010, 12:22 AM
I just had to sign up and say how much I loved your solution to the guy who wanted alliance to be as awesome as horde :D
Been watching a lot of your stuff lately, Weekly Marmot, PST and Legendary and I love them, really nice and informative shows, keep up the good work!

Bashyou
11-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Ive been playing Alliance sense i started playing wow, about 4 and ahalf years ago. Gotta say Lore, I lost some respect for you over that comment. Really a jerk move right there.
If you think about it, you would have a dead game if there were no alliance.
you need us in this game. Cut the crap and the blah blah blah. Cant have a one sided game.

Pers3us
11-20-2010, 05:05 AM
Ummm... you don't have to get serious over an answer to a question that wasn't really all that serious. It's funny that the guy who asked the question asked for a lion, because that's what we have is a lion. I just had to point that out.

Tiomat
11-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Regarding the heirloom xp-bonus after lvl 80, according to the dev-chat hosteed by Best Buy the bonus will stop working the moment one turns 80.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Gadgets-eReaders/World-of-Warcraft-Cataclysm-Chat-Transcript/td-p/181923
One of the last questions, called:
"With the level 1-80 Heirloom items, when Cataclysm is released will the xp gain work while leveling until you hit level 81? Or will XP gain be disabled for those on release?"

/Tio

uglie
11-20-2010, 06:35 AM
i personally always thought alliance were always computers. live and learn i guess.

Xea
11-20-2010, 07:14 AM
um why are allaince complaining you get worgen !

Abernatheeee
11-20-2010, 07:22 AM
Regarding the heirloom xp-bonus after lvl 80, according to the dev-chat hosteed by Best Buy the bonus will stop working the moment one turns 80.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Gadgets-eReaders/World-of-Warcraft-Cataclysm-Chat-Transcript/td-p/181923
One of the last questions, called:
"With the level 1-80 Heirloom items, when Cataclysm is released will the xp gain work while leveling until you hit level 81? Or will XP gain be disabled for those on release?"

/Tio

WotLK heirlooms will not work past 80. However, new heirlooms are available at lvl 85 (some require a certain guild lvl, which requires you to be in a guild to obtain.) that will increase the exp. gained from 80+ by 15 percent. The new items are a cape and a head piece. All WotLK and Cataclysm exp. bonus' will stack meaning that if you have 1 heirloom in each slot (not including the stupid ring that I can never win the fishing tourny for. -.- ) you get an exp. bonus of 35 percent from lvls 1-80 and then it tapers off to 15 percent from 80+.

Martie
11-20-2010, 08:04 AM
About the clicking. There's an example of a move that I can't see a clicker pull off.

Shoot front-only instant spell at a mob that's chasing you. I used to do this while running away from mobs to slow them with my avenger's shield. You jump, mid jump you turn around, shoot the spell and turn back. It's a very handy move (has it's uses while tanking as well - run to the mob, jump as you reach the hitbox and swing around in the air to keep him at your front, and the mob will be perfectly positioned for your dps) but I can't see a clicker pull it off.

Aber, 10% (shoulder)+ 10% (chest) + 15% (cloak) + 15% (hat) would be 50% to 80 and 30% past that.

Abernatheeee
11-20-2010, 08:17 AM
About the clicking. There's an example of a move that I can't see a clicker pull off.

Shoot front-only instant spell at a mob that's chasing you. I used to do this while running away from mobs to slow them with my avenger's shield. You jump, mid jump you turn around, shoot the spell and turn back. It's a very handy move (has it's uses while tanking as well - run to the mob, jump as you reach the hitbox and swing around in the air to keep him at your front, and the mob will be perfectly positioned for your dps) but I can't see a clicker pull it off.

Aber, 10% (shoulder)+ 10% (chest) + 15% (cloak) + 15% (hat) would be 50% to 80 and 30% past that.

The cloak is only 5 percent and the helm only 10 percent. At least that's what the Wowhead tooltips say. I'm not on beta and Blizz is always changing things. :(

However, I did just realize that even though I said it was without the ring, those numbers are actually including it. Wishful thinking I guess haha. So for lvls 1-80, it's 35 percent without the ring but still only 15 percent for 80+.

Hexxagon
11-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Hahaha, just gotta say i love your last comment on how to make horde and alliance equal, I lol'd IRL :)

And also i love ur shows! You're the mAn!

swelt
11-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Glory to the Alliance, Death to the Horde!

Also, I think you got trolled, since he's complaining about the alliance getting a tiger rather than a lion, when in fact we are getting a pretty cool lion mount.

Bashyou
11-20-2010, 05:54 PM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?sid=1&topicId=27401644687&pageNo=2
Theres even a blue post at the bottom of that that pretty much says blizz does not care about alliance. I know horde will eat this up, but i honestly think alliance deserves answers. Regardless if things are true or not, a public figure (LORE) and a blue post suggests that alliance will not get any love but in fact horde are the favorites.

Bashyou
11-20-2010, 05:56 PM
I mean, how are us, the players, supposed to respect a faction when one, Blizzard themselves post the blue post and second, a public figure (LORE) makes a comment like that?

xXRaidenXx
11-20-2010, 08:07 PM
I just want to say,.... WE'LL KEEP TRYING!!! ive been shouting that out in BGs and i am in fact an alliance player. Peoples just need to have a sense of humor.

Bashyou
11-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Sense of humor, Yes. OK. Ill try to find one. Right after blizz gives ally a true war cry after 6 freaking years.

redraven937
11-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Re: Alliance Lion mount, it's a re-skinned tiger mount. Same skeleton, same animation. That is probably what he meant.

As for the Alliance vs Horde thing, it is obviously a marketing problem on Blizzard's end. There have been some Alliance battle-cries like "Glory to the Alliance" and such, but the principal issue is that Horde have more interesting things going on period. Look at the conflict within the Horde and then look at Alliance. Woo, tensions between gnomes and dwarves... wait no, draenei and night elves... hmm... humans vs everyone...? Worgen will not save the abysmal state of Alliance development, as they are in fact a symptom of it: once Cata goes live do you think there will be any narrative tension between Worgen and any Alliance faction? No.

What makes the issue worse in my eyes is how stupidly Blizzard is handling their presentation. It was at Blizzcon or an interview around that time period where a blue answered the question about narrative depth between factions by bringing up "well Arthas was Alliance." Yeah... for part of Warcraft 3. Arthas was not Alliance at any point whatsoever since WoW itself was launched years ago. I get no sense from them that they even know what their fans are talking about when it comes to this issue. The dwarf tribes are coming together after a leader gets petrified... meanwhile Sylvanas is in the beginning stages of becoming a Lich Queen, openly defying the will of Garrosh (who btw kicked the Trolls out of Org and may have killed a prominent Tauren leader).

Horde quite literally are sucking all the narrative oxygen out of the room. There is no sense whatsoever that the writers, designers, etc, are spending anywhere near the same amount of development time on both factions. Maybe they see people like Tirion counting as "Alliance," I dunno.

Lore
11-20-2010, 11:26 PM
WotLK had significantly more alliance lore developments than horde.

Eoika
11-21-2010, 12:16 AM
I loved that re-roll horde comment.

Abernatheeee
11-21-2010, 12:24 AM

I think you made Lore angerrrrry.

Martie
11-21-2010, 01:41 AM
The alliance is a group of like-minded, civil people. They get along. They don't solve their issues by combat. (Well, not most of them.)

The Horde is a loosely-knit group of sociopathic warmongerers. They are all quickly angered, and violence is their preferred method of problem solving.

I'd say it's pretty natural that one side is a lot more spectacular.

On a related note, one of the best bits of quest-built lore from the entire game are the two questlines related to the scythe of Elune. Back on my very first character, I played alliance. I quested all over the world, I really liked exploring, and as it happened, I did the two questlines related to the scythe, both at the appropriate level. Those two questlines are the most memorable questlines I've encountered in WoW. They are both alliance.

I don't think the alliance gets less lore - they get different lore. Their lore isn't "Garrosh and Thrall duking it out in the arena" or "They are summoning a damn demon under our city!" Their lore is "Why the hell is there a dragon next to the king," "These bandits actually have a somewhat worthy cause" and "Please quell the prison riot."

The alliance are, or at least claim to be, the nice guys. That's what you chose - nice isn't as spectacular as sociopathic.

Kuroryuu
11-21-2010, 02:27 AM
really? well then it makes sense why the writers, designers are working more on horde lore then Alliance.

will I miss any of the new horde lore/quests/event stuff if my undead rouge is not at 80 before cata comes?

Arcania
11-21-2010, 02:50 AM
From a Horde loyal fan...Please stay over on your own side...I hate faction change option gives ppl an easy way out and just brings their trash to us....no thanks

Scottpoet
11-21-2010, 03:14 AM
"For the Horde" vs "We'll keep trying" the two phrases pretty much sum up the differences, and the inherit frustration in the story lines.
Thrall is the absolute leader of the Horde. There is singularity and unity in that. A Dynamic character, who caries the biggest stick, and holds the most influence. More than anything Thrall is interesting, when a problem arrives, you don't know if he will kick some butt or play it cool. Unlike all of the alliance heroes, Thrall isn't one dimensional.

Who does the alliance have with which to compare? Furion Stormrage might be then most powerful hero in the World of Azeroth, but lets face it, tree huggers aren't the best heroic icons. Magni Bronzebeard is great but.... except for the occasional bear mount raid, he gets almost no action. Inspector gadget leads the gnomes /annoying. A squid faced prophet who has yet to make a prophecy leads the Draenai O_o stopping there. Jaina has only been interesting in quest lines when she is directly connected to Thrall (more Kudos points for the Horde).

Which leaves us with King Varian. He made a strong debut in WotLK, but he did it riding the coat tail of the real Alliance Hero Bolvar Fordragon. And really Bolvar was the most Iconic figure on the Alliance side. First because in wow Classic when you got to see him kick butt on a daily basis in the throne room thrashing dragonkin. Then in WotLK with the Duskbringer chain quest, the Wraithgate, and finally the Frozen Throne. Problem is now, he's an ice cube.... which leaves the Alliance "still trying" to have a hero to match Thrall.

reepicheep37
11-21-2010, 03:25 AM
I gotta say, I love me some Alliance. I think that all the races have quite a bit of potential to make the lore more interesting. While WotLK was a little more ally centric since the main baddie was once ally, I don't think it was as lopsided as some horde members want to say in defense of themselves. Remember that Sylvanas has a *serious* personal grudge with Arthas, one of your heroes gets killed and forced to fight against you (quite a bit more interesting story-wise than a hero becoming a hero again), and you have a traitorous scumbag almost destroy one of your capitols.

The thing that I've always (wanted) to get out of Warcraft, is that no one is really a good guy or a bad guy...it's all relative to where you saw the conflict...but the way the lore is handled, it's clear that Alliance is the safe goodish-guy choice, while horde is the risky baddish-guy choice. I think that they really had a chance with this expansion to really shake it up for the Alliance by making Moira the clear-cut racial leader of the dwarves, and really do a number on IF. I hope they have some family friction between Varian and Anduin, but that's hard to convey in-game. They could have also made the Worgen into begrudging allies of convenience, instead of some kind of reliable bond with the Nelfs.

Now, as for the question in the video this week, I always appreciate Lore's sense of humor, but for those who are lore hounds and want your alliance side to be more interesting, go out and make it more interesting and do a little role-playing. Maybe pipe up in the revamped forums, let Blizz in on your ideas for future lore developments. The only time (in my opinion) you should ever faction change, is if you have good friends on the other faction and you want to hang out with them.

Khilbron
11-21-2010, 03:54 AM
The alliance also get to relive the moments after WC3 ends, when Arthas chases Mal'Ganis to Northrend, complete with the acquisition of Frostmourne. It is a quest line they can complete shortly after arriving in Northrend

Pers3us
11-21-2010, 04:32 AM
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?sid=1&topicId=27401644687&pageNo=2
Theres even a blue post at the bottom of that that pretty much says blizz does not care about alliance. I know horde will eat this up, but i honestly think alliance deserves answers. Regardless if things are true or not, a public figure (LORE) and a blue post suggests that alliance will not get any love but in fact horde are the favorites.

Here's a quote I found from Zarhym in that link of yours:

These are false questions. The answers are subjective. You feel uncool playing Alliance? Why are you then?

I played Alliance exclusively for four years before taking a Horde character to 80. My gnome warlock is still considered my main and there's no better race in the game. NO BETTER.

He's saying players should play whatever race that feels awesome to them. I feel awesome playing alliance, so I play it. He also clearly states that gnomes are the best race in the game, and I can't deny that.

I mean sure a lot of Blizzard devs play horde, and it's pretty obvious which ones do at Blizzcon, but that's their choice. That doesn't show that there is favoritism on it. If they didn't care about the alliance, why put in any work on the quests or lore of the Alliance at all? Why make the new loading screen for Northrend with the amazing picture of Bolvar as the new LK?

If the lore of the horde appeals to you more, make a horde. I like the lore of both sides, but I prefer alliance.

Daikeni
11-21-2010, 06:07 AM
Your answer actually made me go out and reserve a copy of cataclysm just to try things out. Also, you were the first person who tried to pronounce my name and got it right.:D

Kiv
11-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Lore, I love the comment at the end regarding the paid character transfer!, however... I'd say re-roll to enjoy the entire experience.

A friend of mine ended up re-rolling from alliance to become a BE priest... as such, I was constantly questioned as to why Silvermoon had 2 auction houses >.>

Bashyou
11-21-2010, 03:30 PM
my point is this. With comments like Lores and Zarhym comment no wonder people are worried about Alliance. And all through that thread Zarhym never actually addressed the issue. he basically said
1. We dont care.
2. Dont like it, change factions.
Yes I do agree that the Coolness factor is up to the players point of view, but with comments like these from a blue poster our own point of view could go down hill.

Lunarath
11-21-2010, 06:26 PM
I really cant see what people are whining about around all the lore between alliance and horde ... Does it really change the gameplay that much? i mean.. the pvp is the same. the pve is the same. the quest chains might be a bit different. but its still quests. they still give the same. achies are the same... whats the problem?

I personally play horde. altho i always wanted to play alliance, but all my friends are playing horde.

redraven937
11-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Care to give a few examples? Or are you counting Tirion, Arthas and other "neutral" lore characters as Alliance because they're human/etc?

reepicheep37
11-22-2010, 01:16 AM
I really cant see what people are whining about around all the lore between alliance and horde ... Does it really change the gameplay that much? i mean.. the pvp is the same. the pve is the same. the quest chains might be a bit different. but its still quests. they still give the same. achies are the same... whats the problem?

I personally play horde. altho i always wanted to play alliance, but all my friends are playing horde.

Meh. People complain about it because they get differently things out of the game than you do. To them (and by "them", I also mean myself to an extent), part of the gameplay is dependent on the lore. For people like us, we are bothered by the lackluster lore treatment while the Horde gets more loving attention...and even if they don't get more attention, many of the big public figures are openly pro-Horde. We don't want to be forced to transfer to experience a better storyline - we've become connected to our Alliance races.

Also, the whole situation gets snowballed when all the prominent figures in the community play Horde because of the superior storyline or superior pvp abilities or what-have-you, and then constantly deride the Alliance. New people to the community may see that and go "oh, I should probably play Horde, then"...and eventually more and more people go play Horde. Sometimes, it seems like half the Alliance players hanging around are only playing Alliance because the Horde needs an opponent, and that's a little depressing for people like us that want to show Alliance pride.

Anyways, We'll keep trying. And we'll probably keep getting buried unless the remaining true Allies unite and fight the oppression. Death to the Horde!

Bashyou
11-22-2010, 03:24 AM
To me the game is not jest about "Hay look your human, go do quests and level now k thnks by!" I get into the story. Who are they? where did they come from? Why are they doing what there doing and what are they doing? Do me the dranis are really really lacking in this regard and it does not look like any of that is going to get better in cata ether.

Berzerker
11-22-2010, 07:24 AM
Re: Alliance Lion mount, it's a re-skinned tiger mount. Same skeleton, same animation. That is probably what he meant.

The original question specifically suggested they'd like a lion instead of a tiger. They have a lion instead of a tiger. Complaining about a lion and a tiger having similar skeletons and animations is fairly absurd given the two are scientifically similar and very closely related. What else were you really hoping for, another horse?

"For the Horde" vs "We'll keep trying" the two phrases pretty much sum up the differences, and the inherit frustration in the story lines.

The Horde is centered around the orcs. The orcs, trolls, and tauren are all tribal societies. The orcs and trolls have always been fairly war-like and conflict centered. Is it really that surprising that they end up having a better warcry?

The bigger problem the alliance have is what you alluded to later in your post -- having a SINGLE rally point. Humans rally around Stormwind. Dwarves around Ironforge. Night elves around Tyrande and Malfurion. The most likely concept you could tie them all to with any consistency is a sense of Justice. But rallying around a sense of justice is a difficult driving point for a conflict with a faction that, while having been bloodthirsty demon-driven murderous savages in the past, is now just trying to make a place for themselves in a world they were originally trapped in, and trying to overcome the evils they've committed in the past. Granted, Garrosh being a raging prick should offer plenty of justification for that conflict, if only a fair portion of the horde wasn't just as sick of the crap he's pulling.

my point is this. With comments like Lores and Zarhym comment no wonder people are worried about Alliance. And all through that thread Zarhym never actually addressed the issue. he basically said
1. We dont care.
2. Dont like it, change factions.
Yes I do agree that the Coolness factor is up to the players point of view, but with comments like these from a blue poster our own point of view could go down hill.

I took Zarhym's first post not as a dismissal of the alliance, but of the argument that somehow the alliance aren't being treated fairly compared to the horde. His second post in the thread supports this interpretation. His third specifically states as much.

To me the game is not jest about "Hay look your human, go do quests and level now k thnks by!" I get into the story. Who are they? where did they come from? Why are they doing what there doing and what are they doing? Do me the dranis are really really lacking in this regard and it does not look like any of that is going to get better in cata ether.

You get into the backstory and are complaining about Alliance getting short shrift? The Alliance have by FAR much more backstory than the horde. Nearly ALL of the history of Azeroth is Alliance, not purely by virtue of the fact that they were the only ones on the planet. The War of the Ancients, the first shattering of Kalimdor, really the entire first war, since that was driven more by the Burning Legion, Gul'dan, etc - who the current Horde have really sort of shunned as corrupting evil influences.

The main problem for Alliance in WoW is that a because they have so much history, a large part of their lore is in fact in the past. The Horde have no history (or at least not one they much want to remember or revel in), so their greatest rulers are here and now. Alliance are instead missing people like Terenas, Anduin Lothar, Uther the Lightbringer. One of their greatest and most powerful leaders has spent most of the last couple millenia asleep (Malfurion for the less interested).

Even given that, they still have a realistic claim to nearly all of the greatest heroes to date in this world. Malfurion, Tirion Fordring, Bolvar Fordragon, Brann Bronzebeard, Jaina Proudmoore, Khadgar, Rhonin -- all such heroes they are even recognized and respected by the Horde, who arguably is still at war with many of them, despite our working with no few of these to a very large extent.

And the Horde has... Thrall. One remarkable, outstanding leader, who will have a very large roll now in Cataclysm especially. Vol'jin and Cairne (RIP) are wonderful leaders within the Horde, but have accomplished little (if anything) in a context that makes them remarkable to the Alliance. They're just "Horde leaders" -- not nearly the "world leaders" that the Alliance have boasted both in the past and still more recent history.

In short (i.e. TLDR), if you're bitching about a lack of Alliance lore, I think you need to do some reading.

Abernatheeee
11-22-2010, 07:47 AM
I like cookies.

Knighterrant81
11-22-2010, 08:33 AM
I never keyboard turn as a healer.

It never really comes up. Usually when you have to move, you can only do instant casts. If you really need to keep healing as you are moving (usually but not always the case) if you hold down both mouse buttons it suppresses mouseover macros (if you write them correctly) and then you just heal your target. You can also set autorun and move your mouse across your raid frames freely.

Keyboard turning is just as bad for healers as it is for everyone else. We have to move out of the fires just like the rest of the raid.

Bashyou
11-22-2010, 08:34 AM
OK first i can not speak for the horde because i do not play horde nor do i follow there lore.
Second i was talking about a specific race, not alliance as a hole.

Motark
11-22-2010, 09:01 AM
First of all i am a horde player. I love the battle cry we have. And i do understand that alliance players want their own cry...
After like 2 minutes i came up with this
"Keep'em coming!"

I don't know if this was mentioned before but i totally agree with all alliance players that give a crap about "we'll keep trying". That cry just suck -dot-
Change it blizz!

Prinz
11-22-2010, 09:44 AM
I've never really had a problem with keyboard turning. Usually I tend to play a druid or priest healer and use wasd to move and have my main instant cast spells as 1 2 3 and everything else on vuhdo. The only time I have found keyboard turning a pain is in pvp.

Abernatheeee
11-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Everyone needs to know how to not keyboard turn thanks to fights like Sindragosa.

Mwawka
11-22-2010, 11:16 AM
In regards to healer movement, I use keyboard movement for all actions except turning. Using the mouse to turn does not interfere with raid frame casting as it is a split second action. Once I am facing the direction I want to be, the rest of my movement can be accomplished using strafing and forward movement on the keyboard without affecting my ability to click cast. Other healers may use a different set up, but I have found this to be preferable for me. When I dps, however, all my casts are keybound and more movement is accomplished with my mouse.

Bashal
11-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Faction transfer suggestion taken in the spirit it was meant (as a joke). Much ROFL-ing was had.

I play alliance and don't feel neglected. If I liked the horde lore etc. better, I'd faction transfer. While it was a joke response, there was some truth in it.

xXRaidenXx
11-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Ok i just want to make sure everyone realizes, We'll keep trying is something lore came up with, when the Blizz developers said they would keep trying to come up with something for an alliance battle cry. It is completely and utterly a joke, and will not be a real battle cry for the alliance, just to make that clear. I felt it needed a disclaimer, so there it is.

Berzerker
11-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Ok i just want to make sure everyone realizes, We'll keep trying is something lore came up with, when the Blizz developers said they would keep trying to come up with something for an alliance battle cry. It is completely and utterly a joke, and will not be a real battle cry for the alliance, just to make that clear. I felt it needed a disclaimer, so there it is.

actually Tom Chilton (I think) was the one who made the comment of "We'll keep trying" and then followed it up with "that's not actually the battle cry" which ended up inspiring that as the interim battlecry. It was something that people were shouting for the remainder of blizzcon. I'm not sure that Lore was involved in coming up with it, and had more to do with making it more widely known and popular.

KASKADE
11-23-2010, 12:33 PM
This awesome video and thread so full of win, lol.
1. It really matters not what faction Lore is, he can't outdps me even when I am in lesser gear.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tmxdevqqm08n6qxo/sum/damageDone/?s=922&e=1066 (his last Saurfang)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tmxdevqqm08n6qxo/sum/damageDone/?s=1533&e=1681 (his last Rotface)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tmxdevqqm08n6qxo/sum/damageDone/?s=1931&e=2119 (his last Festergut)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xs9uu1xpzi2vhzao/sum/damageDone/?s=2464&e=2629 (my last Saurfang)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xs9uu1xpzi2vhzao/sum/damageDone/?s=3123&e=3298 (my last Rotface)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xs9uu1xpzi2vhzao/sum/damageDone/?s=3595&e=3805 (my last Festergut)
2. Fellow ally players, if you're crying, simply stop. We are order. They are chaos. We live in majestic castles like Stormwind. They live in crappy huts made from bones and tusks. We are noble beings. They are minotaurs, zombies, and other unsavory creatures. Let them have their battle cry then wipe the floor with them in a rated bg. Blizz isn't always going to listen to QQ on the forums, so don't get mad. Get even.

feralminded
11-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Wow I don't see why this has devolved into attacks on Lore for what was obviously a joke. In the end as a horde player since day 1 I can tell you I personally feel its high time we got a little love when it comes to story/lore. Back in the vanilla days the Alliance pretty much had all the love (Any horde players remember how much harder/lamer our Ony keying questline was?) and even to this day they still have about half a continent purely dedicated to their content (outside of starting zones the horde has what ... 2 zones NOW, and it used to just be 1?).

In conclusion: Lore was joking and its amazing how many new registrant's are now showing up butt-hurt over it.

xXRaidenXx
11-25-2010, 10:31 PM
actually Tom Chilton (I think) was the one who made the comment of "We'll keep trying" and then followed it up with "that's not actually the battle cry" which ended up inspiring that as the interim battlecry. It was something that people were shouting for the remainder of blizzcon. I'm not sure that Lore was involved in coming up with it, and had more to do with making it more widely known and popular.
Well the point of the disclaimer was to disclaim the fact, people were taking "We'll Keep Trying" way too serious, you could argue facts of where it came from all day. The point was to just let alliance players know that they shouldnt worry about that being our battle cry cause it wont be.

Venekor
11-27-2010, 02:27 AM
Just a quick comment, from my discussions with Healer friends, some of the Damage spells they have must be used in order to gain Mana Regen boost in combat.

- Ven