PDA

View Full Version : Warrior 4.0 Fury, Both TG and SMF same spec?

Mercarcher
11-17-2010, 07:22 PM
So I've been playing around with both recently as my OS. I'm pulling similar DPS with both specs with glorenzelg + heroic Citadel enforcer for TG and Heroic Black Bruise + Wrathful offhand for SMF. One of the big things I notices about SMF is that it excels more than tg does <20% hp. My question is would it be worth it to drop 1 point somewhere to grab SMF, then switch to 2 1h weapons at 20% for extra DPS?

SeptimX
11-18-2010, 12:29 AM
i'd wait for Cata to hit, and get proper STR STAM weapons, and when they have settled with the buff/nerfs they are gonna be handing out, before i'll decide on this...

Tonk
11-18-2010, 06:21 AM
IF they ever settle. Blizz is forever changing classes and I honestly do not foresee them stopping.

As far as the OP, my take on it is from a rage gen and combat flow point of view. SMF has a much more consistent rage gen while you replace RB with Slam procs in your priority. I also find SMF to be much more frenetic combat compared to TG.

I personally hope SMF is similar to TG in DPS at 85 as I much prefer the combat flow.

Mercarcher
11-18-2010, 08:38 AM
i'd wait for Cata to hit, and get proper STR STAM weapons, and when they have settled with the buff/nerfs they are gonna be handing out, before i'll decide on this...

I think you 2 misunderstood my question/idea. You would spec into both TG and SMF in the same spec.

You would use titans grip for most of the fight, then at <20% switch to 2 1h weapons for the 15% bonus dmg on execute. ATM SMF excels at <20% HP compared to TG.

Krenian
11-18-2010, 09:13 AM
The question would be where would you grab the point out from?

Is it worth pulling one point out of 5% damage of War Academy? Or reduce your chances that Incite will proc by 33%? Both are pretty significant changes and can hurt your DPS in the long run.

And normally, with everyone getting some sort of boost when mobs are at 20% and lower, you would have to see the damage done with SMF and tally it to without having SMF, then compare to the damage reduction that you would have through your Heroic Strikes through 80% of your fight.

Honestly? I don't think it'd be worth it. Even the point out of Incite would make me cringe, but that's me personally and I hate leaving things to RNG. If I can top it at 100% and always be certain I'll get something, then I'll do so instead of hoping for a lucky streak.

Thegreatme
11-18-2010, 11:03 AM
you would drop the point from incite, and for the record each point in incite does not equate to a 33% increase in incite procs. The value of SMF execute spam vs losing 1 point in incite and reduced melee damage, is very dependent on the number of executes that go out (read: fight duration). the gains from doing this would me fairly small except on really long execute phases.

SeptimX
11-25-2010, 08:16 PM
hmm the question would be, if you have the time to switch weapons, before somebody else Kills the target.....
so for now (imho) it would seem a waste of talent point...

Airowird
11-27-2010, 07:50 AM
hmm the question would be, if you have the time to switch weapons, before somebody else Kills the target.....
so for now (imho) it would seem a waste of talent point...
I think we're talking raiding here, not 5-man dungeons and questing.

SeptimX
11-29-2010, 11:06 PM
same thing, would you remember to use it in the heat of the KILL.... and i still think you'd have bigger Execute crits with TG vs smf... will have to test this out, unless some math genius has already done so...