PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Can someone help improve my dps with my combat Rogue

Wreckhavoc
11-16-2010, 10:09 AM
I am sitting in 251 and 264 gear as a combat spec am pushing out alot lower dps since the patch and am trying to figure out what it is I need to do. can someone check me out on wow heroes and see what you all think. us/ravencrest/horde/wreckhavoc. my rotations no different from what most have posted on here although there does seem to be a debate with rupture. currently im using.. ss 1 SnD SSx5 evis rinse and repeat about 2nd round I use my trinket to boost atk power and killing spree and then go back through rotation and using AR and blade furry. If Rupture would make it a stonger dps can someone tell me the rotation if it wont where am i lacking for my dps to be suffering.

Selene
11-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Currently Mutilation is the top dps spec for rogues. Combat got hammered hard.

Wreckhavoc
11-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Yeah the problem is I dont have the daggers really for Mut spec. I have 232 daggers just when I tried out mut I suffered dps. now im sure that is due to my rotation which is the other problem lol. I just really liked combat and would rather stay that spec but will use mut I just need a good rotation and if you would give me a rotation to use could you type out the words and not abbreviate them as I am not certain of the names on mut at this time.

Selene
11-16-2010, 10:17 AM
http://roguebuilds.com/

Mammoth
11-18-2010, 08:55 AM
The general consensus for Combat I've read from various sources (EJ and the like):
Keep SnD up
Keep Rupture up
Use SS to generate combo points. Use Revealing Strike if at 4 combo points and about to Rupture or Eviscerate
If at 5 combo points don't bother with Reveling Strike before using your finisher
Revealing Strike doesn't affect SnD
Eviscerate if SnD and Rupture are both up

Blade Flurry is now a DPS loss if used on single target. It hits one additional but lowers attack speed by 20%. I haven't raided with my rogue since 4.01 hit so I don't know where my DPS stands compared to before.