PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Starcaller since 4.0.1

uglybbtoo
11-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Has anyone done starcaller since 4.0.1?

Got absolutely shocked how hard and fast algalon hits. It's way out of proportion. He hit me harder than anything in ICC or TOGC and the hard modes to get to him were rather trivial by comparison.

Looking at the starcaller achievement I am not sure I can survive that in 226/232 gear with the changes to dodge and armor.

Anyone got advice?

Brutyx
11-15-2010, 06:55 PM
If you're doing him in 226/232 gear, then you're reffering to Herald of the Titans, not Starcaller.

To answer your question as you presented it; yes I have done Starcaller since 4.0.1, but I was in ICC gear. Did he hit hard? Sorta, but with good heals, and proper cooldown use it wasn't anything special.

In 226/232 gear, that may be another story, but again I think that puts a lot of pressure on you using the correct CDs at the correct time as a tank, and the heals being on top of their game.

TLDR: it doesn't seem any different to me.

uglybbtoo
11-15-2010, 07:16 PM
I was on one of my alt tanks and anything in LK 25/10 man is trival compared to him. The other tank was in full heroic gear I couldn't survive a 3rd stack he could just and if we got hit by the aoe targetted at the melee it was curtains.

Fortunately we only had to survive 2 big bangs and I was expecting them to be the worst part but they were rather trival compared to his hitting.

EDIT:
Algalon dual wields and his swing speed is extremely fast, with ~27,000 main hand and ~15,000 offhand swings coming every second or less.The Lich King for example melees for roughly 40,000 at a slow 2-3 sec rate.

With limited dodge till DR and block only taking down 30% this was a bit more than I expected it was like prince in kara all over again on steroids.