PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Tank need advice on Mastery and Caps....

muddbutt
11-04-2010, 01:31 AM
So, for the most part, I'm fairly well geared now - JP wise/ Sadly until I get into some decent ICC runs - heroic 10 or 25s. I'm about done (due to the low progression on US Darrowmere). I've been looking at the numbers for getting myself capped and all and I'm not sure on a few things.

1) Expertise; I've read the cap has changed to 23 expertise. However with 23 expertise my character status page says i have a chance to be dodged. 0.25% vs 82, 0.75% vs 83 (raid bosses). What's the deal?

2) Dodge and Parry "caps"; I read the ideal dodge and parry %ages are 21.4% and 21.6% respectively. So, with also what I read (unless its changed) 45.25 dodge/parry rating for 1%; breaks it out (rounded up) 969 (45.25 * 21.4) Dodge Rating and 978 (45.25 * 21.6) Parry Rating. So it turned out I had 999 Dodge Rating, so I had to "ideally" drop it 30 points. With a 40% conversion for Reforging; x * 0.4 = 30. For my dodge, where x is the total dodge the piece I need to reforge has, or a max total of, anything over will be too much, and luckily my shoulders had 76 Dodge ;) So after that, I had the 969 Dodge Rating, however somethings wrong, I have 22.47% dodge.... What's with that? I know there's DR, but I haven't figured the concept for that out just yet.

3) Mastery......; So obviously Mastery is yummy. But with my current gear, I'm at Expertise Cap (23, but something looks funny with that, read above), I'm hit capped 247 Hit Rating (8.03%), and my dodge and parry are still iffy (22.47% - 969 Rating and 19.58% 811 Rating respectively) so I'm not sure if I should reforge all my dodge/parry (higher value? low value? on each piece?) into Mastery, or what......

Here's my armory, I'm not sure how up-to-date it is, I just picked up Marrowgars Scratching Choker, and the 264 Gloves (Gauntlets of the Kraken).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darrowmere&cn=Muddbutt

Also, I noticed how useless the 4p set bonus is now..... I rarely use Divine Plea now cause its a 2 min CD, and it's not up all the time when I use it (I forget what the talent was called). So I don't....really use it. Any thoughts on that?

Also, I know I need to fix my Talents, I never use Word of Glory...... I'd rather whack them with my shield for Holy Shield :P

And, no I don't use a set rotation.... I use prioriety list..... I was never a fan of rotations in the first place :P

uglybbtoo
11-04-2010, 02:18 AM
You have agility on leg enchant and probably other stuff which still gives dodge but is subject to DR as well

muddbutt
11-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Yes, it is from http://www.wowwiki.com/Frosthide_Leg_Armor for the Stam, or should I use http://www.wowwiki.com/Icescale_Leg_Armor instead?

Exiledknight
11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Getting block capped via mastery should be your #1 priority at this point, ignore the comment by uglybbtoo as it is wrong because you do have the best led enchant option. Dump the 10 stats gem and put a purple gem in your helm, you gemmed for a 9 stam bonus but skipped the 12, dump lifeward and get something else(I would ger accuracy and reforge some hit into mastery). Dodge and parry numbers that we aim for really do not come into play until you are mostly in full 277 gear as before then its a stretch to hit your block, expertise, and hit caps. 4pc has always been meh at anything but the 277ilvl because of the tradeoffs.

muddbutt
11-05-2010, 12:41 AM
Getting block capped via mastery should be your #1 priority at this point, ignore the comment by uglybbtoo as it is wrong because you do have the best led enchant option. Dump the 10 stats gem and put a purple gem in your helm, you gemmed for a 9 stam bonus but skipped the 12, dump lifeward and get something else(I would ger accuracy and reforge some hit into mastery). Dodge and parry numbers that we aim for really do not come into play until you are mostly in full 277 gear as before then its a stretch to hit your block, expertise, and hit caps. 4pc has always been meh at anything but the 277ilvl because of the tradeoffs.

Thanks! So for reforging my dodge/parry into Mastery, do I pick the stat with the most value (81 Dodge over 80 Parry), or the underdog? And I see what you mean about the gemming, I did that a while ago, since with research, I saw the belt being my one piece that would not get replaced, I just put the +10 for the Meta and in the best socket to get the bonus while I was there. For the purple gem, any reccomendations? Or should I go with the enchant first and gradually go from there? Thanks again ;)

Selene
11-05-2010, 05:29 AM
Parry/Stam or Expertise/Stam for a Purple Gem.

Exiledknight
11-05-2010, 01:07 PM
As I reforged to get there, I always reforged what I had more of, in terms of the dodge or parry. Select the gem based off your reforging, if you need the avoidance use the parry, if you can cap without it expertise. I think you would be best to toss on accuracy, and then reforge hit until you are hugging the hit cap, then start reforging dodge/parry.