PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Confused about where to start

Sennex
10-31-2010, 07:33 AM
Hola Folks, I started a Warrior Leveling thread the other day and was well into leveling when it was pointed out I should stop till after Cata came out. So I stopped, I headed back to my DK to try to finish out some things I wanted to do on him but I honestly don't even know where to start. I found what I think is a decent DW Frost build 3/31/2, and I started playing around with it. I retooled my glyphs and even jumped on reforging what I thought was the appropriate stats based off of a guide I found on Elitist Jerks.

Started setting up my hotbars with a really basic priority listing, but was unable to get the hang of it at all. I jumped in a few Heroics and was getting whomped, I never pulled aggro and I saw some decent numbers a few times but overall I sucked on DPS.

I am not sure where the issue came in at to be honest, and thats why I am coming to you guys.

I had been compiling the mats to PL myself into Blacksmithing to combo with JC, but haven't done it.

Armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&cn=Tannh%C3%A4user

UI:
http://flic.kr/p/8PrtWK

Also, I'd like to build into tanking again, Its what I did on this character from the point that he was first created, but if I can't get eh hang of DPS anymore, how can I expect to be able to tank. That being said I left my second Spec slot wide open.

//really annoyed at all the changes right now

derangedhermit
10-31-2010, 07:42 AM
Haven't tried DW Frost yet so i can't comment much but the thing i noticed on your gear is that you haven't reforged any of it. Frost mastery increases Frost damage done so i'd maybe start there.

Sennex
10-31-2010, 07:44 AM
Thats odd, I have reforged almost all of it in order to hit the Expertise cap

derangedhermit
10-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Hmm, it's not showing on the armory but it says you have 28 Expertise, which is way over the cap. The new cap is 23.

Sennex
10-31-2010, 07:50 AM
Okay will dump the extra where I can into mastery?

derangedhermit
10-31-2010, 07:55 AM
Consider's EJ guide has a section on reforging. I'd follow it, tbh.

Grannos
10-31-2010, 08:05 AM
Hang in there. You will get used to the changes pretty fast. I am pretty happy with frost right now. IN heroics, I am pulling 10K plus on trash (not that it matter much on trash) and between 5K and 6K on bosses. I have even tanked at frost DPS, cause we lost a tank, and the healer said go for it. I never lost aggro, and still hovered in the upper 3K range on bosses.

I think you will do great, just try not to fight the changes. Frost has not really changed much. Cannot speak for the other specs.

Here is my armory...... http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&cn=Madcowdsease

PatrikL
11-01-2010, 02:24 AM
I have even tanked at frost DPS, cause we lost a tank, and the healer said go for it. I never lost aggro, and still hovered in the upper 3K range on bosses.

I tank as frost dps every now and then in case I have a decent healer and its one of the easier dungeons (for example DtK, UK, UP, CoS and a few others). Sure the damage is spiky but with about 40k hp some healers actually prefer it since they are so bored otherwise.