PDA

View Full Version : PST -- A New Q&A Show

Lore
10-29-2010, 10:57 AM
If you've been watching the Weekly Marmot, you'll remember that I mentioned an upcoming Q&A-style show where I try to plow through as many of the questions you guys send in as possible. The time is finally here to unveil the first of the series. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: PST!

e4rRNvvrF6s

Alent
10-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Youtubel. hillarious.

Lore
10-29-2010, 11:04 AM
It is actually youtubel, I just forgot the / in the second one ;)

is fixed

Alent
10-29-2010, 11:05 AM
*looks*

http://www.hclaw.org/foxa/lorelol.png

So you did.

Bodasafa
10-29-2010, 12:05 PM
When bears start wearing hats were screwed

Best part of the show.

Shosanna
10-29-2010, 12:30 PM
So we get a Lore podcast three times a week? Sounds good to me.

Coro
10-29-2010, 01:18 PM
When does Lore get his own TV show? Sounds like he needs to be on G4.

pippet
10-29-2010, 01:20 PM
I love not having to be in tree form to heal when on my druid.

Pug
10-29-2010, 03:55 PM
I love not having to be in tree form to heal when on my druid.

Same :)

towelliee
10-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Meh QA show is old news. Like the name though PST. Just seems like Weekly Marmot to me.

Lore
10-30-2010, 12:42 PM
goal was not to create something NEW AND EXCITING OMG

goal was to answer some of the 5 billion questions i get every week

Abernatheeee
10-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Query.
Would chances of the question being answered be higher if we were to mail you a day or two before the new one comes out...?
I'm guessing you are not actually sitting there wading through every single page of mails you get; just the more recent ones.
If you are, someone owes you a very large cookie.

Turelliax
10-30-2010, 01:24 PM
I may actually watch this later.. though my interests in wow are very much non existent at the moment.

Abernatheeee
10-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Do eeeet.

Knighterrant81
10-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Lore didn't give all the reasons for the change to Tree Form.

Reason #1 was that Resto Druids were forced to lock themselves out of all their utility in order to get their best healing. You couldn't cast anything but a few spells in Tree Form, and you gave all of that up only to be just as powerful as the other healers.

Now, of course, they could have simply made all of the Druid spells castable while in Tree Form, but then Tree Form becomes just a set of (outdated) art and doesn't really mean anything. And you still can't see your armor.

I think it would make lore sense if they also turned Moonkin form into a cooldown. Druid's aren't *just* about shapeshifting. They're also about mastering the forces of nature. The balance and resto trees can focus on different aspects of the more mystical side of Druids, which leaves feral to be "all about shapeshifting".

Moonkin form for me personally has been one of the biggest reasons for not playing balance spec. I know some folks just like being a giant chicken too. This is whats going to happen every time Blizzard tries to make aesthetic changes to the classes. Not everyone's going to be happy, so they go with what they decide is the look they want going forward. They've got all these art teams working on armor sets, and the only time you get to see the Druid ones before 4.0 was while sitting in a capital city. Why do all that work for a set you never see, and instead see forms that become gradually outdated?

towelliee
10-31-2010, 12:16 AM
goal was not to create something NEW AND EXCITING OMG

goal was to answer some of the 5 billion questions i get every week

But in reality you did create something NEW. I dunno about exciting. I mean you could have incorporated these questions 1 week out of the month into you Weekly Marmot. You should do an episode on all the less than 10 IQ questions. That would be comical.

Xed
10-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Best part of the show.
agreed!

also, i don't know if i should be sad that i won't see a hidden text after every episode of this, or if i should be happy about not having to waste my time on trying to read it every time^^