PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Blood and Thunder/Thunderstruck

MellvarTank
10-29-2010, 08:09 AM
I've been debating the usefulness of these talents since 4.0.1 launched and running two specs, one with (for trash) and one without (for boss tanking). Well last night was a good test of what these abilities are capable of....

21k DPS on the trash before Sindragosa tells me that B'n'T is only REALLY useful in large numbers, it also does help a lot with AoE threat as none of the DPS or the other tank was capable of pulling the trash off of me. In conjunction with the B'n'T damage, Thunderstruck buffing up my shockwaves also contributed substantially to that damage.

I think between coming out of the gauntlet with vengeance stacks and spreading rend around/buffed shockwave trash tanking in large numbers can be done, the only tough part is tab-revenge/cleave/shield slamming everything in between t-claps and shockwaves.

This same effect doesn't happen all the time however, in RS25 the damage was back to normal around 5-6k on the trash packs using B'n'T and buffed shockwave. It seems rend only really performs on large packs of trash (more than 10). I still advocate 2 prot specs though, as the survival spec just doesn't get the job done for trash.

Bodasafa
10-29-2010, 11:35 AM
I came to the same conclusion. In my opinion duel spec prot is a must to get the best min/max options for effecient trash clearing and then boss tanking.

Single Target/Raid Boss: http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#LMZhZIcGdRRozbu:oV0Vq0kzM

Trash/PvP: http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#L0bZ0bZcfGdRRodbu:oV0qkzkzM

Lautoa
10-29-2010, 08:31 PM
meh. not worth 4 talent points.

jettzypher
10-29-2010, 09:38 PM
meh. not worth 4 talent points. no, of course not. because picking up talents to ensure that dps never rips aggro away from you is worthless. are you serious? ok ya, its majorily viable only on trash. but most trash can rape any dps (especially non-plate), which leads to deaths, which leads to downtime for rezzing and spot buffs (if only one or two died), and untimately less time to work on a boss.