PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Leveling and what not

Sennex
10-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Hola folks,
I stopped playing a while ago, easily 7 months ago at least, and was free and clear until a friend bought me a one month time card. Well here I am again, exploring the new patch and what not. I played a Warrior and tanked my arse off until LK came out and then I tanked around on a DK. Had a blast.

Well I'd like to level a warrior again, but I honestly am not sure what to do. Back in Vanilla WoW I leveled as Prot, and had a blast. I have been told though that this isn't the case anymore and that Arms is the way to go.

So I am coming back to you guys for a leveling spec or suggestions of any of the three tree's

Nereel
10-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Are you leveling a new toon or taking your old warrior from 70 to 80 in anticipation of Cata?

Sennex
10-28-2010, 01:03 PM
A completely new toon, just hit level 13 on him.

I do have a level 80 warrior on a different server, but don't want to Realm/ faction transfer, so I started this new guy

Nereel
10-28-2010, 05:09 PM
If your intention is to level primarily through instances my recommendation would be to level as prot since it will give you almost instant access to groups. If you intend to level through questing then either fury or arms might give you a little advantage over prot with respect to kill speed.

If you goal is to level as fast as possible my recommendation is to go prot and equip the heirloom shoulder, chest and weapon. This will give you the 20% increased experience with each kill and quest turn in as well as make you extremely overpowered to boot. My feeling is that dungeon hopping is significantly faster (with heirloom gear) than questing simply because you don't have travel time to slow you down. In addition you aren't slowed down by bad drop rates on quest items.

I have leveled a warrior from 15 to 56 primarily through the dungeon finder with the heirloom gear and have only been beat on the dps meter once. Most of the time I am significantly higher than the rest of the group which has resulted in next to no threat/survivability problems. To be honest this has probably been the most fun I have ever had in game.

Given the new talent trees there really isn't too much selection as far as spec goes. The only real choice is in the first tier of prot between the blood and thunder talent or the heroic strike talent. I went blood and thunder however its effectiveness is starting to wain in the last few levels.

Kurtosis
10-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Having leveled my retired warrior from 40-80 after the new LFG system came out, I concur with everything Nereel said. No need to repeat anything, just reread his post and assume it was me saying that too. Prot+LFG leveling is the way to go.

Sennex
10-29-2010, 05:58 AM
Okay I will give this a whirl then, I need to change up what I have done then as I put my first few points into Fury for the regen, but was playing Prot or DWing swords.

I have the Heirloom shoulders, Chest and one handed sword. I need to roll out one of my 80's though and get the trinket, also I might send over the PVP heirloom Rifle for some RES, does that still stack with DEF? I seem to remember it stacking for slightly more mitigation. (most likely wrong here though)

Armory Link here

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lothar&cn=Njangu

Nereel
10-29-2010, 07:03 AM
Resilience no longer works in PvE so only get the gun if you are planning on PvP'ing along the way as well.

The trinket is marginal, the haste is nice but the healing proc isn't that great because you have to have the final blow on a mob for it to work. I would only get the trinket again if I was planning on leveling via quest rather than dungeon finder.

Another thing since you have the heirloom weapon put crusader enchant on it. The enchant is somewhat expensive but well worth the investment since you will have the weapon the entire time you level.

Also enchant the chest with the plus 100 stamina enchant. It is really the only option.

Sennex
10-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Awesome, Hitting the AH now for those you listed, and will disregard the Trinket, but the gun was on my hunter so will go ahead and swap it for stats, unless the bow is better. I have both, actually I have a butt ton of heirlooms, I wish I could exchange them actually