PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight GCD locked?

PimpJuice4
10-26-2010, 10:18 PM
so i havent ever had this happen but what do you do when your just dpsing doing your thing and all of a sudden its like all your skills are on cooldown.havent ever had this happen since the patch but i used empowering rune weapon and blood tap and it didnt fix it

sucked cuz all i could do was auto attack

PatrikL
10-27-2010, 01:31 AM
Not much to do except to try to plan ahead for what to do when the runes come back up. However you really shouldnt have long periods of this since we arent required to spam an ability asap when its available anymore, we can actually think for a second or so in most cases (as long as we dont have both runes of a type up).

Goros
10-27-2010, 06:10 AM
Not much to do except to try to plan ahead for what to do when the runes come back up. However you really shouldnt have long periods of this since we arent required to spam an ability asap when its available anymore, we can actually think for a second or so in most cases (as long as we dont have both runes of a type up).

His runes WERE all up, as empowered rune weapon and blood tap reset the runes. He's saying all his special attacks were on cooldown timers, which they should not be since they should be operating on runic power and/or available runes.

Chances are, you found a bug that isn't supposed to be there and you should go to the bugs forum and report exactly where, when, and how this happened.

PatrikL
10-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Aha sry didnt read that properly before I answered but as Goros said if it was how you described it then it is a bug and need to be reported. Never seen it myself and it cant be very common since a bug like this would have been found very quickly.

PimpJuice4
10-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Never seen it myself and it cant be very common since a bug like this would have been found very quickly.

ya i dont know.i know before the patch when id get hit by the goo on festergut heroic all it did was slow my attack speed,i figured it would be the same and not put all my skills on cooldown.but if it is a bug then i guess ill eather report it(even though im like banned from the official forums so i dont know how exactly reporting its gonna work.assuming this is a actual bug) or just wait until theres a fix

actually theres a few people ive seen on the official forums when i searched that reported the same problem i was having on that fight.so maybe it is a bug.although i wonder if the same thing would happen on putricide,i havent did putricide yet since the patch but i know its the same mechanic

Loganisis
10-27-2010, 12:38 PM
I've seen this on my druid - all of a sudden every ability is on CD. I thought it was some mob effect (I'm leveling as a boomkin and it's the first time I've had a melee caster since my Lock had a tank with him at all times) even though I never found a debuff when it happened (I thought I just missed it)... You're saying it might be a bug?

Prexie
10-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Currently haste debuffs like malleable goo and sindy breath are affecting rune regen rates.

The only time I've experienced runes all being placed on cooldown without using them is the lich king res.

Vegemite
10-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Is it a silence?

PimpJuice4
10-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Currently haste debuffs like malleable goo and sindy breath are affecting rune regen rates.

The only time I've experienced runes all being placed on cooldown without using them is the lich king res.

is it intended though? cuz i know theres been dks reporting the same thing that happened to me on the bug report forums but i havent seen any official blue posts saying that haste debuffs such as malleable goo and sindy breath effect rune regen rates

Prexie
10-27-2010, 02:50 PM
As far as I know, its not intended.

PimpJuice4
10-27-2010, 03:01 PM
As far as I know, its not intended.

hmm,guess ill just wait and see if it gets fixed if they do another bug fix patch next tuesday or somethin.cuz i know theres still the bug with wintergrasp and having rank after the fights over

Goros
10-28-2010, 03:50 AM
I had this happen as well and reported it. I use omnicc as well as runewatch and all my abilities (including frost strike) went on cooldown (greyed out; blood strike, plague strike & oblit had timers, frost strike was just grayed out even though I was at 84 rp and all my runes came up, plus popping rune tap) and they stayed that way for around 5 seconds give or take.

It wasn't in icc, it was in voa25, which makes me wonder if it's a general issue with dk's right now. I think I had something similar happen while tanking but was more focused on the mobs and threat at the time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Felycitas
10-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Sounds like one of those quirky bugs you encounter every now and then.

I've locked Raise Dead a few times and the only way to fix it was to zone out of the instance and back in.

Mowmow924
11-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing its one of those tiny rare mobs, Or a silence you could've missed. But probably the former.
Best to hope it doesn't happen again, although as it becomes frequent i'm sure blizz will get it.

killabee
11-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Fourteen posts here and not a single one noticed that the post has nothing to do with GCD lock?

I never had this happen.

PatrikL
11-29-2010, 04:11 AM
Fourteen posts here and not a single one noticed that the post has nothing to do with GCD lock?

I never had this happen.

Well to be fair it was not mentioned in the post, only in the subject.