PDA

View Full Version : DPS Analyse the performance of a Holypriest and a demo Lock

Ryoku
10-22-2010, 03:50 AM
Last night we did a couple of tries on the normal LK, in the best try we had him at 10,6% (so quite close)

The problem is I am not satisfied with the performance of :
link (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ayjdb3dfitrenlfr/details/5/?enc=wipes&boss=36597) the demo lock: i was surprised he only used basically 3 spells: shadowbolt emulate and curse of the elements.

Here the Hpriest: link (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ayjdb3dfitrenlfr/details/8/?enc=wipes&boss=36597) he was only at 2,3k hps, so I think that was a little low.

The demolock was on spheres duty so I understand that sometimes his damage went down, but still overall it was quite low.

So I was wondering what could be done to help them to improve their performance:
Here the armory links:
Demolock: link (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Les+Clairvoyants&cn=Groam)
Hpriest: link (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Les+Clairvoyants&cn=Ihnola)

P.s.: only 3 attemps on the logs due to computer trouble.
Thanks in advance

Ryoku
10-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Anyone any ideas please?

CatabriOnEarthen
10-25-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't know anything about the new warlock stuff, but our demo lock is racking up 8k or better, and is using lots of different spells. (I don't keep the logs.)

Nuke
10-25-2010, 11:21 AM
I'll comment on the holy priest as I have more of a vague idea of what they are about.

Talents:
Looking over the spec I see a few things that are off.

1. Spirit of Redemption
2. Blessed Resilience

Spirit of Redemption doesn't give the 5% spirit it used to before the patch. Its only function is when you die. I would not want a talent to activate only when I die so the point could be used elsewhere. Moving that point to lightwell might be more beneficial during lich king. Though you have to teach people how to click it. I'd suggest also having the priest make a macro to mark it with a raid icon after creation so its more noticeable. Its great for movement as players have a 20yd range to click it and the hot it leaves ticks for a lot. Can help in situations of infest to help heal people up to full. If a lot of people use it then I suggest the priest glyph it for extra charges.

Secondly blessed resilience to me seems like a pvp talent. It increase healing done to the priest by 10% not by them when they suffer 10% or more damage. This just adds survivability to the priest not the raid and the two points could be used else where again. Maxing out body and soul would be a great thing for defile targets because when they get bubbled by the priest they have a 60% run speed increase allowing them to get out of it very quickly. Maxing out test of faith would also increase raid healing when targets are low.

I'm not sure the situation of the player but if the holy priest does die a lot during encounters then I guess the talents work out well. IF they are dieing though that shouldn't be solved through talents but instead understanding the mechanics of the fight. Basically the priest has 3 talent points that in my opinion they should move. They can put it in other places as well like the shadow tree for darkness(Improves haste) or more points in disc to reduce mana cost on instant spells.

Glyphs:
The prime glyphs look great.

The major glyphs look good holy priests don't really have much too choose from but I would take of spirit of redemption glyph and respec out of that talent. The only one that is needed was definitely circle of healing and the priest has it.

Minors don't really matter.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Logs:

Few things I find need to improve and they could make quite the difference if infest is a problem. I'll start off with what the priest is doing right.

For the most part spamming renew is what a lot of holy priests do and that is great. From the logs that is the top heal. The glyph for dispel magic was a great touch and you should definitely have the priest dispelling phase 1 if they are not already. It heals the target right after the dispel.

Now the improvement stuff I find that Prayer of mending could be used a bit more. It is an amazing skill that priests have and in a fight that has infest happening every so often this should be a bit higher. Also I think but I could definitely be wrong Circle of healing was also underused. COH is one of the best skills a holy priest has and its amazing for infest healing as well as any other type of healing just like Prayer of mending.

The biggest problem I found was where was the use of chakra and holy ward chastise? I saw two uses of it in its renew form that is just flat out low for the entire fight. Its a very powerful talent and spell try to get them to boost the use of it. I would suggest the priest enter their prayer of healing state and use chastise to place that healing circle on the ground its very powerful on lich king because most of the time everyone is bunched up on him in the majority of the phases. The nice thing about it is its bugged right now and you can place two of the sanctuaries on the ground which will increase the healing by a ton. I urge you to tell the priest to try it and use it as much as they possibly can. It also procs their mastery and heals all people in the raid. It does heal for low but imagine 15-25 people getting healed for about 400 for 18 seconds for every 2 seconds and proccing the priests mastery bonus to heal even more. That is with only one sanctuary if you stack the two on top of each other and have everyone in it it doubles that healing.

I hope the log isn't bugged though so please excuse my comments if they are already doing this.

CatabriOnEarthen
10-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Also, if he's a demo lock, Hand of Gul'dan and Demonform are "god" for demolocks. Demon form probably won't show up on the logs right, but he really should be using his talented spell.

The Warlock's Den http://wowmb.net/ is a good place to go for info on locks.

Ryoku
10-26-2010, 04:27 AM
ok cool thanks a lot will pass on the mesages.