PDA

View Full Version : Paladin I must not be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Destrier
10-19-2010, 09:51 AM
So don't roast me over the coals for this one. I Main Spec prot, but I have been wanting to get back to Ret a bit. Seem to have the rotation figured out somewhat (did almost 11k on Saurfang 10m in 5.6k gear). But I must be dense. I know the new graphical symbols that pop up around my toon are notifications of different procs, but I can't seem to sort out who's who yet. Anyone have a simple, specific, not too sarcastic answer for me and I would much appreciate it.

Ty Des

MellvarTank
10-19-2010, 09:52 AM
You can always disable them and use power aura's (which you set up yourself).

Bashal
10-19-2010, 09:55 AM
If you want to use the built-in notifications, just spend some time on a target dummy, and when one of these notices show up, try to find the buff that represents the proc and mouse over it, see what it is. Or temporarily enable the scrolling combat text (or whatever it's called) on your toon, and it should tell you what the heck is procing.

Durenas
11-03-2010, 08:26 AM
the proc at the top is the hand of light proc. When that lights up you wanna use TV or DS asap. It only stays up for 10 seconds. The procs to the side(the huge swords) is art of war, so you wanna use exorcism to consume that.

Tonk
11-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Even better: when the on screen proc appears, look at your action bars and the abilities that benefit from the proc will be highlighted. :)