PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Feral tanking in 4.0.1

BeautiPhil
10-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Although the threat generated from my Feral Abilities seems to be sufficient, I wanted to make sure that I have the right priority when tanking with all the different changes in the recent patch.

ST -> FFF, Mangle, Lacerate x3, Pulverize, Mangle, Lacerate x3, Maul when over 60 rage.
Priorities would to keep Mangle on CD, keep up the Pulverize buff and keep Lacerate to 3 stacks.

Do the ticks from Lacerate generate sufficient threat to only Pulverize when needed, or should I Pulverize every time I get Lacerate to 3 stacks? I'm juggling that scenario since Lacerate ticks have a chance to reset the Mangle CD, so it seems like a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush in this case.

Xclio
10-17-2010, 09:07 AM
ive been doing the same as you. keeping lacerate on the target seems to work better due to the resetting mangle proc. also the bleed effect ticks are generating threat. Mangle seems to reset at quite a high rate so the extra threat from the additional mangles seems to be a rgeat way to keep high TPS throughout a fight.

BeautiPhil
10-18-2010, 11:36 AM
I was in a 5 man, I tab-targeted and put a lacerate on each mob and it seemed as I was getting free Mangles a lot.

ST the Mangle always seems to proc at the right time, I guess RNG works in my favor. (for now!)