PDA

View Full Version : Rogue This mastery, hit, and crit thing is confusing!

Darkroman
10-15-2010, 11:48 PM
OK so I read up all over the place.

2/3 precision: White cap = 707, Spell hit cap = 342
3/3 precision: White cap = 646, spell hit cap = 289

If you're not hit capped or expertise capped, reforge crit from gear to hit or expertise as needed
Reforge crit on gear that doesn't already have haste, into haste...
If you're already hit capped or expertise capped, reforge crit into haste with gear that doesn't already have haste

Here's some parts they kind of left out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it better to reforge hit (if you're over the spell hit cap and can afford to) into mastery? Or keep the hit. (Of course this is with gear with hit and haste).

As far as I can tell from my own testing and limited gear I have, if you can't reforge crit into enough hit to hit the WHITE CAP (707 with 2/3 precision, 646 with 3/3 precision), take the extra hit and reforge it to mastery. (Also I believe if you have 2/3 precision and you can reforge to 646 hit, change to 3/3 precision, 2/3 RS).

Also, how about reforging crit, and haste gear if you're over the spell hit cap and at the expertise cap.. is it better to reforge to hit if you can hit the white cap or just go mastery... ugh (I'm probably sounding like a broken record).

How about ignoring haste all together and just reforge any and all crit into the white cap??

Can anyone actually confirm, or discuss the last.. erm.. 4 paragraphs I wrote?

Here's my rogue (armory hasn't updated, but I still haven't regemmed or re-enchanted much): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&cn=Arkanon

Kazeyonoma
10-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Moved to dps forum. please read rules and check for forum placement.

Zxian
10-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Haste is AWESOME for rogues now. It increases Energy regen, increases melee attack speed, and reduces DoT tick duration (i.e. more DoTs!). Get as much haste as you can. Anything that doesn't have haste on it, reforge haste.

Current theorycrafting puts Mastery ahead of white hit for Assassination. If you have excess hit rating above the spell hit cap (289 or 342, whichever it is depending on how many points you have in Precision), reforge that to mastery.

Gems should be agi, agi/haste, and agi/hit in their correct sockets.

If you want the details, read this (http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t105659-4_0_1_rogue_faq/).

Lynnx
10-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Gem to match socket bonuses, like Zxiam said : red = agi, yellow = agi/haste and blue = agi/hit. Once that is done then reforge according to the following order:

Spell Hit/Expertise > Haste > Mastery > White Hit > Crit.

You should never be reforging for White Hit because Mastery is better, and you can reforge Mastery on every piece of gear that has a stat to be reforged. The goal is to get as much haste and mastery ( on pieces that already have haste) while maintaining the Spell Hit and Expertise (26) caps. Crit...I don't need no stinkin Crit!

Worthun
11-03-2010, 12:32 PM
is that confirmed? haste realy increases energy regen? and reduce all dots ticks?
have u guys came acros too much haste? cuz ill lose all expertise to get haste if thats confirmed.
and how much mastery u guys recomend to assassination t10 geared? im with about 15 right now....
is it too bad to get completly out of expertise? having about 12% hit (with 2 points on that talent)
if there is a minimum expertice i should have, what is it?
(im new at rogues, sorry for being that clueless)

@edit: ive just remembered haste has diminishing returns in speed reduction... does it also diminishes energy generation? if yes, then i supouse there is a ammount limit to haste efectiveness...

Jammer Six
11-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I avoid Elitist Jerks.

The cap for Expertise is, I believe, 26/26. You can see it in the melee stats section.

I was actually thinking about re-gemming to stack haste before the patch came out. :)

Kazeyonoma
11-03-2010, 01:28 PM
expertise cap is 22/22 for now, but will be 26/26 again at 85
hit softcap is still 8% and hardcap i think is 24-26%? but the actually hit rating you need seems to have been reduced to reach those %s is lower now (check your char sheet)

Worthun
11-05-2010, 09:36 AM
no one sayed if its confirm that haste increases energy regen.... can some 1 plz do it?

Zxian
11-07-2010, 12:18 PM
In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, haste will also increase the rate at which you gain energy, runes, and focus. Retribution paladins and Enhancement shaman will have a talent that allows them to take advantage of this benefit.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Haste

You need at least 17% spell hit (the exact values are on the page I linked to you) and 172 expertise rating (which is what people have tested and confirmed to be the new dodge cap). Then you can start worrying about the other stats. It is NOT worth it to drop spell hit and expertise below the dodge cap for haste.

Nayre
11-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Haste increases your energy regen, however I'm not 100% sure it actually increases tick-frequency of DoTs.

For assassination, as has been said before, as a general rule, you reforge crit into whatever you need. There'll be instances where that's not what you reforge, but crit->X is a good baseline and will get you to more or less where you want to be. Stollen directly from EJ:

Stat| Assass
Agi|2.8
Crit|1.55
Spell Hit|3.2
White Hit|1.8
Expertise|2.6
Haste|2.2
Mastery|1.9

Crit for assassination is pretty bad as a general rule, because, aside from SF and a damage boost, it doesn't really do anything for us.

Also stollen from EJ:

Hence, in terms of reforging priority, the answer will basically always be spell hit cap > expertise cap > haste > mastery > white hit. The end.