PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury Warriors, Give This a Try

Magnuss
10-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Hey guys, so I was playing around for the last day as a fury warrior in my not so great gear and have managed to come across a combination of talents and gear choices that is resulting in some very surprising numbers. Now, keep in mind with everything else that i say that fury damage is weaker than it was a couple days ago by a TON. The loss of Armor Pen is crippling at least from the way i am looking at things.

So here is the spec that i am running with. I keep it as a fury PvP spec (which I am not enjoying at the moment) and also a mostly PvE spec. It has the critical talents that I need to keep up my rotation.

http://wowtal.com/#k=IFsUBTD.a5o.warrior.RDikRt

Now the first thing that you will notice is that I have not picked up Bloodsurge at all and have also taken Incite from the protection tree. Here is why:

I took my gearset and I reforged everything for hit and put on a hit trinket, reforging the other to also give me hit. I did this until i reached the 27% white swing cap. The problem that i was noticing while trying to do any PvP or PvE was that I was getting too rage starved to do any kind of coherent rotation regardless of the fight that I was doing. When I brought my hit up to this level (or close to it depending on the mobs you plan on fighting), rage generation was suddenly pretty plentiful.

The other big thing I noticed was that my heroic strike was ALWAYS hitting for more than my slam proc. It was hitting for so much more that I was never using my slam proc because I had the rage to use HS instead. This talent build that I have above, providing the hit cap is reached, has produced significantly higher damage in every dungeon and the few raid bosses that I have attempted than any other combination.

The "rotation" for this build/gear is to keep BT on cooldown always with Raging Blow being second in priority and heroic strike whenever those two are down. On the unusual occasion that they are both down with more than a second to spare then you can choose to use whirlwind. However this is pretty rare.

Now regarding concerns about Raging Blow's uptime. I will tell you that it is pretty uncommon for Raging Blow to not be up when I need it to be. My gear is very low end ICC with some PvP gear mixed in, so it has nothing to do with me being geared out the ass. Instead you need to intelligently use your Bloodrage at the start of each encounter and then your deathwish (of which there is no penalty for hitting anymore) when your raging blow is not up. This is usually all that is necessary fight to fight to maintain the rotation I have said above. Obviously on longer boss fights this may not be quite as easy to maintain in which case it would be easy for an individual to spec out of some of the clearly PvP talents in the spec and put them into bloodrage.

Ideally what I would like to do is get some better gear with this character for fury with more hit inherently on it and be able to reforge extra stats like crit into haste. This would provide even more rage and more dps with the increased attack speed.

I hope some of you out there give this spec a try and let me know what you think.

nserafini
10-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Do you know offhand what your DPS is on say the Org training dummy ?

I'd like to test this out, but want to know what you're seeing so I can compare.

Magnuss
10-13-2010, 05:36 PM
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9296/wowscrnshot101310203415.jpg

3666.5 after 5 minutes with my gear.

Ion
10-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Not taking bloodsurge just means you are picking up non-dps talents and don't have anything to do in the globals that aren't covered by RB or BT (heroic strike is still off the global, just has a CD).

I'd agree that prioritizing HS, rage-wise, over SLAM! is a good idea since slams suck now (wtf?), but not taking the talent doesn't really buy you any new points to put into other DPS talents (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LhZcrrcszkMfdZb:zkmVwcz0V being the typical spec).

nserafini
10-13-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm doing around 4K like this; with 3/3 War Academy and Bloodsurge I'm able to average near 5K ...

Magnuss
10-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I agree the ideal spec would absolutely be along the lines of those posted above for PvE, so I should have probably just made that spec. Even still, bloodsurge with 3/3 war academy takes a backseat to incite heroic strike for damage purposes. I found myself so unable to find a good spot for bloodsurge except for rare occasions on bosses that the talent points could be moved without losing hardly anything.

nserafini
10-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Well, i just tried it.

1 - HS was putting up more crit's , meaning the second crit would be there from the 100% ( hit for around 5K on average )

2 - Slam didn't proc nearly as much as as a HS would have from the Incite .... Instant slam would hit for say 4500 average

Incite is now making me think ... Now I have to learn wow math :)

term
10-15-2010, 11:46 AM
I am thinking of speccing out of bloodsurge as well. There aren't too many other places to put points in the tree.... Bloodsurge was great when Slam was a good addition to your rotation. When in my rotation, I actually see a DPS loss with Slam. So what is the point of having points in Bloodsurge when I will never use slam? Not only that, but I am dropping my 4 piece armor bonus and for better stat loot. It is pointless to be able to use slam 2 times when I don't even want to use it once.

Spec into Incite x 3. BT/HS spam with expertise and hard hit capped is where the greatest dps is at now. Hit Berserker Rage to proc RB if you need a filler. Pop Commanding/Battle Shout when available and you need rage. I bound my mwheel up to /cast execute /cast heroic strike. I spam that and if the target is at execute HP then I will only be getting executes off till it is dead. I basically roll my mwheel and hit my BT button over and over. Back to brainless dps!