PDA

View Full Version : Hunter ISS can miss even if you are hit capped

iJax
10-13-2010, 02:12 PM
I was at the dummies, 8.71% hit. all I was doing was firing off serp stings and sure enough the sting landed, but I saw the recount record a ISS miss. This was after the 3rd SS. So the recount counted a total of 4 ISS, clicking on ISS showed 3 hits for x damage and 1 miss for 0 damage. The SS count was 5 ticks per sting, total of 20.

I did it again this time taking off all my hit gear to force a SS miss. Sure enough I saw ISS miss while the SS hit and then saw a full SS miss also. So that proves the talent can be magically resisted (miss).

Quinafoi
10-14-2010, 09:25 AM
This is probably better suited for the actual bug report forums on the official site as it is likely a bug that they coded the ability to incorrectly use spell hit instead of ranged hit rules.

Martie
10-14-2010, 09:30 AM
ISS.... Improved Serpent Sting?

It's possible that the hit triggers a secondary spell effect, which uses the spell hit table.

Quinafoi
10-14-2010, 09:50 AM
It would be a secondary spell effect in its very nature, however it doesn't necessarily mean that the spell hit rules should be applied to it. Given that the base ability does not use spell hit rules, the talent modifying it likely should not either (I doubt they would intend it to be designed that way). It is likely a bug that the secondary effect was coded to use the wrong hit table. Sadly there really isn't anything we can do about it. You should post your findings on the public forums so that it can get added to the bugs list, which it likely is, and corrected.

Bashal
10-14-2010, 09:56 AM
I haven't noticed an ISS miss. I'm slightly over hit cap though, according to my char sheet, by about .5%

iJax
10-14-2010, 11:28 AM
I haven't noticed an ISS miss. I'm slightly over hit cap though, according to my char sheet, by about .5%

Then you are not watching them closely enough. Just go to a dummy and start firing SS, dont even bother with the ticks. Of course make sure you have the talent. Ive had to go as far as 20 SS to get a ISS miss.

Bashal
10-14-2010, 11:31 AM
I'll check with recount to be sure, since it tracks misses. I have floating combat text though, I usually do notice "Miss" if it pops up over my target's head.

EDIT: of course, at the rate they are throwing out small hotfixes, if there was an issue, it may be soon gone.

iJax
10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
I'll check with recount to be sure, since it tracks misses. I have floating combat text though, I usually do notice "Miss" if it pops up over my target's head.

EDIT: of course, at the rate they are throwing out small hotfixes, if there was an issue, it may be soon gone.

your not going to see a MISS on floating text...the sting HITS the target...then does NO DAMAGE for ISS.

Bashal
10-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Actually I did see a miss in the floating text at least once, which coincided with SS. For one to be able to hit while the other misses, I'm thinking it's handled as two separate attacks, especially since they use different hit caps. Since 4.01 seems to be generally buggy I wouldn't be surprised if you never saw a miss in floating text, and why I didn't see it there consistently either. And yeah, based on the number of misses I saw in recount, definitely looks like its using spell hit for the ISS damage.

Quinafoi
10-18-2010, 07:39 AM
I go back to my original comment, its a bug and should be reported in the official forums. All we can do is confirm or deny that it works this way, we can't fix it here, only Blizzard can fix it.

Bashal
10-18-2010, 07:41 AM
its a bug and should be reported in the official forums.
I leave it in the capable hands of the OP. :)