PDA

View Full Version : DPS Fury 4.0 suggestions until theory crafting has sorted itself out?

Loganisis
10-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Is there a current 'bridge' theory until some time has passed and the changes are absorbed?

Something like:

Haste - try to get to... 1,000 (which shouldn't be tough if you're geared 3.3.5 ArP)
Hit - try to get to ~15/20%
Mastery - Try to get to X?

I realize that there isn't a firm design yet - but I'm thinking of just a bridge that's ball-park-ish.

Erkebrand
10-12-2010, 02:09 PM
From what i gathered from the EJ warrior cata-changes thread (http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t97237-cataclysm_warrior_changes/) do this:

Str is king again so gem Str(red), Str/crit(yellow) and Str/hit(blue)

Go for exp cap -> Go for the hit hard cap(27 %) -> Go for crit -> go for haste -> go for mastery

So given you are exp capped already you will want reforge mastery, haste and prolly some crit to meet the hit hard cap.

Quinafoi
10-12-2010, 03:21 PM
You should be a bit more specific in your link because that 4.0 discussion goes back to like April. Which particular post are you using as a source for your information Erkebrand. Not to necessarily say the information is incorrect, but when providing a reference to another source and it happens to be a 16 page forum discussion, at least a page number of the source is helpful.

Tinytankz
10-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Citadel enforcers claymores are good now ????!!!!

Jk's aside Hit trinkets like pyrite infuser and the 245 Badge trinkets are actually excellent choices.

From what i have been gathering it looks like above hit soft cap and after expertise capped
STR>Crit>Mastery>Hit>Haste

If that is wrong someone point me to where i can find what is right.
As of now i will be running Pyrite infuser and dual heroic Citadel enforcer claymores for tons of hit.

Thegreatme
10-12-2010, 03:38 PM
I am currently scrambling to do a ton of math and get a rough "4.0 guide" up and running. I highly encourage people to do their own testing/math. if that's not your style then I would suggest waiting until the realms are actually playable and legitimate testing can be done. If you would like to help me with any of the math or testing just send me a PM or something and I will get back to you.

TL;DR
just relax everything is under control, you will have definitive answers soon enough.

Krenian
10-12-2010, 03:41 PM
TL;DR
just relax everything is under control, you will have definitive answers soon enough.

AUGH THE SKY IS FALLING! QQ and such >.>

Ion
10-12-2010, 03:49 PM
It looked like (from the EJ thread) that the fury mastery was awful, and that hit, haste and crit were all better than mastery.

I believe it's fairly safe to say that strength is largely what you want to be gemming for, however depending on rage gen (I saw someone confirm that 3.7 speed weapons give 24 rage, 3.6 speed weapons give 23 rage and 3.5 speed weapons give 22 rage per hit relatively recently and offhands are supposed to give half that (presumably giving 11 rage for 3.6 and 3.5 and 12 for 3.7)), I expect that hit and haste will be pretty valuable as secondary stats until you can HS on CD. Of course crit is useful for proccing Flurry (which previous to 4.0 had basically a 100% uptime for any decently geared warrior) and scales with all of our damage (read: everything benefits from critting), so it's apt to be pretty good too.

Haste and hit have a synergistic relationship (always have) as well...the more hit you have the better haste is and vice versa...so stacking one over the other is probably not going to be a good idea in any case. It's really just a question (in my mind anyway, without having done any math, just thinking it through) of if crit is good enough that it is worth stacking over hit/haste or not. I'm guessing there's some rage-gen level where it is, but I don't know where that is or if it's reachable.

Loganisis
10-12-2010, 06:39 PM
TGM - just saw your post, it does look very useful. And isn't Cit > Blade of Culling now? especially if you formerly stacked a lot of ArP, or does haste not get subjected to DR?

Erkebrand
10-13-2010, 05:05 AM
You should be a bit more specific in your link because that 4.0 discussion goes back to like April. Which particular post are you using as a source for your information Erkebrand. Not to necessarily say the information is incorrect, but when providing a reference to another source and it happens to be a 16 page forum discussion, at least a page number of the source is helpful.

Well that was quite intended, as the above information is derived from several post in the mentioned thread, that i didnt bother to link individually. However if you read the discussions in the last 4 pages you will see, that the consenssus points to what i've been posting.

This is just a suggestion of what to do now after that patch and until Cataclysm launch and we begin levelling. Remember Blizzard has mentioned several times, that the new skills, stats etc arent balanced around characters being lvl 80, but around being lvl 85.
The linked suggestion is in no way undisputable, rocksolid bullitproof science of how you should prioritize fury-stats through cataclysm, but its usable until genius people have had enough time and data to make more comprehensive theorycraft on the subject.

This new 4.0 FAQ post (http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t88685-4_0_warrior_faq_read_while_patching_before_posting/#post1525644) on EJ supports my suggestion btw. But plz do make your own napkin math, post your own findings or take the advice of someone with more math/theorycrafting skills(like TGM) than I have :-)

PS. please note this from Darian Trublades FAQ:

NOTE: Post-4.0 Warrior theorycraft is still in a rather disorganized and obfuscated state. Expect some of what follows to change or be clarified as new information comes to light. If you believe something is wrong, please provide a link to relevant theorycraft, or post in excruciating detail your own tests and theorycraft. Please do not post any corrections without data or a relevant source to back up your assertions.