PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Sooo, breaking that promise....

Hegas
10-09-2010, 10:03 PM
6 months ago, I walked away from WoW and swore that I would not go back. That I would reacquaint myself with the outdoors and start hitting the gym more. The gym lasted about a week. That's hard work. I still have a membership and go like once a month but yeah....not really getting anything out of it. I have gotten out more, learned to Snowboard and bought my own board and gear, waiting for old man winter to arrive now.

Well, about 2 days ago I found my WoW discs buried in a chest in my storage area (which I forgot I even had). I had asked my g/f to hide them and not tell me where so i wouldn't be tempted to redownload. Her opinion meant a lot to me so I never really looked for them. We broke up about 4 month ago. I tried lots of other stuff to keep my mind off WoW, CoD:MW2, Halo:Reach when it arrived, FFXIII, various flings with women, Splinter Cell Conviction, Batman:AA, more flings....eventually I gave in, found the discs and reinstalled. After finding my account had been hacked and getting things str8 with Blizz, I was back in WoW. Then I find out something crucial. I don't remember jack.

I used to be a pretty decent tank before I left but now I can't remember anything. Trying to remember skills and stuff is hard work, especially when none of my old friends are still on. At least as far as I could see. When I left, ICC was still closed and most high level guilds were doing Uld 25. My guild had managed to do the first 7 on ULD 25 and were working on Yogg for Uld10. What I am looking for now is advice for getting back into this. My gear is still pretty decent. I was MT'ing a lot of my guilds runs so I think I should still be ok there. Any advice on where to go to get my skills back up to snuff? And any useful mods? I completely forgot what I had before except for Recount, DBM and Omen.

[URL]http://www.wowarmory.com/character-model-embed.xml?r=Blackhand&cn=Hegas&rhtml=true" scrolling="no" height="588" width="321" frameborder="0"[url]

Cutpaper
10-10-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend.

But as far as addons go, there are quite a lot of addons out there that makes your life as a tank a lot easier.
On top of my head I can think of:

Skada / Recount (personally, I use both)
DXE / DBM (I prefer DXE)
Omen
Bad Pet!
Power Auras
Announce
ClassTimer
EavesDrop
Raid Cooldowns
Omni CC
DrDamage
ForteXorcist
Grid
RatingBuster
Pitbull Unit Frames
SatrinaBuffFrames
OPie
Bartender4
Clique

I could probably think of a few more, but personally I feel that these are addons that I feel make tanking as much fun as it is. (Without making it too simple.) If you aren't against UI compilations, then I would suggest Boda UI (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info11624-BodaUI.html) - it's a wonderful UI imho.

Note: I know I left some alternatives out, but I have yet to try those - and therefore I don't feel to happy about bringing them up.

Selene
10-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Well everything is subject to change in just a few hours.
With a major patching hitting that will completely change characters.
As to those add-ons, they all should be getting updates for the patch, but some add-ons are slower than others to update for patches.

Hegas
10-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Got plenty hammered. Wasnt even used to the old again before hit with the new.Couldn't hold agro in H HoR to save my life (or the lives of my group). Anyone have a post patch build put together yet? And maybe a new look a the threat cycle?