PDA

View Full Version : Paladin DPS issues

Cptwhoopass
10-06-2010, 09:33 AM
hey guys/girls. Im having issues with my dps, its kinda low on trash i do 2.6k dps and on raid bosses its just a bit above 3k, ive been doing FCFS but it doesnt see to be helping from what i can see. So im on here hopping that you cool folks could help me.

Here is my armory link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Archimonde&cn=Cptwhoopass

Grannos
10-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Not sure what to tell you on this one. The only site I can access from work is warcrafter.net and it is not showing the talent trees correctly, but I can see you gear, gems, and glyphs. From that alone, I am not sure what the problem is. The only advice I can give is to make sure you are running seal of command on trash and seal of corruption (vengeance) on boss fights. Use blessing of might instead of kings, at least that seems to work better for me.

Cptwhoopass
10-06-2010, 09:49 AM
would you like me to show my tree using the calc? http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Archimonde&cn=Cptwhoopass&gn=Ghosts+of+War

Grannos
10-06-2010, 10:51 AM
I will have to look when I get home, but I will do that first thing. Sorry about that. We have the worse net nanny ever here. It is truly pathetic.

If you want, you can check out my pally to see what I have. I do pretty good with him now. Keep in mind the DPS i am about to say is in 5man heroics all the way through the ICC 5man's. I have not had the opotunity to raid with him yet.

On trash, depending on how many there are, i get 6K up to 9K, but I really dont count trash at all towards my actually DPS. On bosses, I get 5K average. Some times less, some times more, just depends on what buffs I have, what boss, and of course what decided to proc or not :)

check my armory. Grannos on Dalaran.

Goros
10-06-2010, 12:29 PM
cpt, i know you're new to GoW but if you find Jabooty in vent some day this week or go to our forums and post in the pally forum for help from the class captains, we can probably figure out what you're doing wrong and get it fixed.

Try logging in to vent tonight or tomorrow to see if he's on, he's our highest dps pally (when he cries like a girl if he drops below 13k dps or if anyone beats him on the meters you know he's OCD about it) plus he's played the beta since the first wave of invites so he can prep you for Cata also.

To all the tankspotters, sorry for the in-guild counseling on these forums, lol

Here's booty's armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Archimonde&cn=Jabooty
and a 25 man run world of logs:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dlcuhle01aqrk9aj/

o0Larome0o
10-06-2010, 12:41 PM
When you roll over to the guild forums...you might want to look at respecing...some of the talents you have are a bit off for a ret pally

Goros
10-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Hopefully Jabooty will be able to steer him in the right direction, specs included.

uglybbtoo
10-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Can I be honest and say I would boot you from any raid group I was in not because I am mean but because if you lack understanding and can't be bothered reading up on your own class it sort of goes you wont have read or even any understanding of the fights.

I have less issues with your spec than your gear and gemming ... you do however really need to get rid of the glyph of consecration and put in the glyph of crusader strike.

What you need to understand is you will be gemming strength almost everywhere ignoring socket colour without exception unless the socket bonus is +8 strength or higher or you need slight coverage on hit to get to 8% which BTW atm you are over .. or lastly I need this 1 colour gem to light up my Meta gem.

Things you should not do when trying to maximize dps:

Have a healing META in your head
Have critical strike stam gems
Have attack power gems
Have gear unchanted and ungemmed

Cptwhoopass
10-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Well first of all sir, I'm not even in there raiding group as of yet. Second i do read up and Ive tried many things to figure out what my mistakes were, and maybe i do lack a bit of knowledge of my class which is fine because many people also lack knowledge of their classes I'm still learning. Ive barely raid with this char so you should probably chill out there is no need to be rude cause obiv I'm not in your raiding group nor would i want to be.

uglybbtoo
10-08-2010, 01:29 AM
I didn't think I was being rude :-)

But by the same token ... seriously how much effort does it take to find out you should be gemming

Google "ret paladin gemming"

All the entries say the same thing +20 strength in every socket except 1 to light up a meta or unless the socket bonus is +8 strength.

This link will help you
http://www.maxdps.com/paladin/retribution.php?z=US&r=Archimonde&n=Cptwhoopass

From it DPS increase per increase of 10 to each stat:

(+)10 Hit Rating:0.00
(+) 10 Crit Rating:5.23
(+) 10 Strength:10.68
(+) 10 Agility:4.78
(+) 10 Haste Rating:7.69
(+) 10 Expertise Rating:6.60
(+) 10 Armor Pen. Rating:5.23
(+) 10 Spell Power:1.24