PDA

View Full Version : Tanking RS mini bosses

bassomatic
10-04-2010, 09:05 AM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gilneas&cn=Blackbass
I've grown a lot since last posting on here and now i'm trying the RS content out. i have a set 10 man group that i run with in my guild and we are trying to progress through the content. we went into RS and had little problems on the trash even when we pulled two groups on accident. my question is the Baltharus the warborn encounter. how the hell do you live through the blade tempest that he does. i have to use my cooldowns just to survive the first few but by the time we get him down to around 30% i have none left and we end up wiping. if there is something that im missing please let me know any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Khilbron
10-04-2010, 09:19 AM
For the first one use only shield block.
For the second one use last stand and enraged regen.
For the third one use shield wall.
If you get a fourth ask for a cd like hand of sac, pain supp, ect...

Also remember when he splits that the off-tank needs to pick it up and keep it away from the group while staying in range of the healers. Dps will always focus on the original without swapping.

You also need to remember that you must have 3 healers for this fight and all encounters in RS. Baltharus is one of the hardest hitting minibosses in there.

Be smart with cd usage, make sure you have enough healers, and don't be afraid to ask for a cooldown from another player.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

bassomatic
10-04-2010, 11:27 AM
thanks for the reply. i will give it another shot tonight. im hoping i can get by without having the 4 set bonus but i am saving up for it. after wiping a few times last night we just called it. again thanks for the input it looks like its a cooldown managing fight and will take a bit of practice to master.

obiwayne
10-05-2010, 08:24 AM
I've found as a Pally tank that I can usually live through one or two thanks to Sacred Shield and some fast work on my healers, but I agree that you should manage your cooldowns. I'm not that familiar with Warrior tanking but ideally you should have enough heals to get healed through most of the damage without popping cooldowns (I rarely need to pop mine), but keep them handy in case you do need to. He's a real tough sucker just for the huge damage output on the tanks.