PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury Warrior Sunder Use and Timing Suggestions

Squirrelnut
09-30-2010, 09:57 AM
I am looking for suggestions on how exactly sunders should be used as a Fury warrior. Obviously it is easy utilize free GCDs for Sunder as part of the normal Fury rotation to keep stacks up once a 5 stack is reached but the question is about reaching that 5 stack.

When I go DPS we do not have a Prot Warrior in our raids so what should be the approach:

Nothing but sunders to reach 5 stacks and then begin normal rotation?

This ruins trinket/ring proc overlap with cooldown timing

Sunder on every GCD and push back rotation timing by .5 seconds here and there for additional sunders until 5 stack is reached?

The middle ground (what I have been doing thus far)

Normal rotation sundering on free GCDs only and whenever 5 stack is reached so be it?

The other end of the spectrum

Sunders are clearly a high priority to increase the raid-wide melee DPS on the boss but at the same time limiting my DPS when I am basically always top 3 is also a bit of a loss. Sadly there is no Prot Warrior other then myself and sometimes I am the only Fury Warrior as well.

Suggestions?

Kazeyonoma
09-30-2010, 10:22 AM
stack to 5 then work on rotation. I don't get why it affects trinket/ring proc overlap if you just hold off on popping trinkets.

MellvarTank
09-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah, you stack to five then just weave it in on rotation. It's a huge DPS loss to not have sunder armor up.

Thegreatme
09-30-2010, 10:27 AM
if DPS matters sunder x5 up front, if it doesn't matter weave sunders on free GCD's, and if the target isn't going to be alive for more than ~45 seconds and DPS matters, don't sunder at all and tell a rogue to expose it.

Squirrelnut
09-30-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't get why it affects trinket/ring proc overlap if you just hold off on popping trinkets. Because you don't pop trinkets, trinkets are proc based with an internal cooldown (DBW and Whispering Fang Skull). They usually go off right at the start of the fight so if you pop recklessness/deathwish/orc racial all on top of them then they all overlap.

Waiting for 5 stack of sunder first would likely throw off that overlap because trinket/ring procs would likely be about done by the time you get to pop your other cooldowns and continue your rotation =(

Kazeyonoma
09-30-2010, 02:25 PM
ah i c.

Erkebrand
10-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Or check this tread http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?68079-The-Way-of-the-Sunder-Bot