PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Have 202 Frost badges what to buy? Fury Warrior

Angadan
09-29-2010, 07:20 PM
I have 202 frost badges and was wondering the best route to go as far as spending them as well as the possible geming.

I am a Fury warrior

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Perenolde&cn=Angadan

gd_void
09-29-2010, 08:51 PM
t10 Chestplate and shoulders, the 2p t10 is better then 4p t9, and your current helm is a stronger piece then your current chest piece

Bung
09-30-2010, 04:35 AM
I would agree with the above post. It's time to start getting t10 gear. You will want the shoulders, helm, pants, and chest eventually. Go for the shoulders and helm first. Get the pants free from voa25 if you can. The gatecrashers gauntlets would be a nice purchase too. You enchant your gear perfectly. The one thing I noticed is that you are slightly under the expertise cap. You need 26 on your character sheet. Having less will lower your dps. One item you might want to get is the axe off of saurfang in icc10. This axe is expertise heavy. Good job on balancing your hit and armor pen amounts (to go with NES). You can buy the 245 chest which is an upgrade. You should try to gem with all epic gems. I would suggest that you ignore socket bonuses. Also, put a nightmare tear in your helm to satisfy the meta requirement (losing 10 hit is fine for you as 163 is perfect). For the other gems you might want to put a few +20 expertise gems until you reach the cap. Hopefully you are working on your ashen rep to get the ashen ring. Your trinkets are fine. You will only get better upgrades in ICC, namely DBW and Whispering fang skull. Outside of fixing your temporary expertise problem with gems, just gem for either +20 str or +20 arp keeping 722 arp while using your NES trinket. Once you upgrade several pieces of gear and have about 1000 arp from gear alone start gemming all +20 arp to reach the hard cap of 1400 arp and drop NES. If you can afford it, make Shadows Edge. If you ever decide to change your professions from the gathering type I would suggest BS/JC for extra sockets and JC gems. Good luck.

Angadan
09-30-2010, 06:56 AM
If I put a nighmare tear in the helm should i enchant my chest with something other than +10 to all stats? If so what?

Thank you both for all the help.

Loganisis
09-30-2010, 07:05 AM
If I put a nighmare tear in the helm should i enchant my chest with something other than +10 to all stats? If so what?

Thank you both for all the help.

Put the +21 Agi/+3% Crit damage meta in your helm. Then put the nightmare's tear in the blue slot that gives you the largest bonus (either RB or pure blue - RB would be better).

Generally speaking, for Fury, hitting Red or Yellow or RY socket bonuses will be an DPS increase with the +10str +10crit gems (once you're set with Exp and hit and your hit is good). Blue slots though are a DPS loss if you hit them as green/purple/blue gems will have 50% of their stats as non-Fury DPS stats. So you hit the blue slot with nightmare's that gives you the highest bonus and gem off-color for the rest.

Your current chest for example, you use a +8 str + 12 sta to hit a +6 str bonus. That's 14 str versus 16 if you'd gemmed a bold scarlet ruby instead. A loss of 2 DPS. That's a great slot to throw a +20 exp gem in then put the nightmare's in your boots.

Bung
10-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Put the +21 Agi/+3% Crit damage meta in your helm. Then put the nightmare's tear in the blue slot that gives you the largest bonus (either RB or pure blue - RB would be better).

Generally speaking, for Fury, hitting Red or Yellow or RY socket bonuses will be an DPS increase with the +10str +10crit gems (once you're set with Exp and hit and your hit is good). Blue slots though are a DPS loss if you hit them as green/purple/blue gems will have 50% of their stats as non-Fury DPS stats. So you hit the blue slot with nightmare's that gives you the highest bonus and gem off-color for the rest.What the heck are you talking about? The answer to his question was yes. Enchant your chest +10 stats. Putting the nightmare tear in any blue slot works, the helm is just a good spot. The nightmare tear satisfies the meta demand on its own allowing you to use all +20 str or +20 arp in your other slots(see what I said above). Gemming stamina in any way is a dps loss. Str/crit gems are not superior at all...and hitting socket bonuses on any piece of gear is not a dps increase even with a str/crit gem. Because this palyer is not at the expertise cap that is the most important thing to gem for at the moment.