PDA

View Full Version : Rogue need advice

logansrogue
09-29-2010, 06:43 PM
i just started a rogue character and was wondering what kind over armor i should look for and what i should spec him in. please help if you can. :confused:

SageoftheTimes
09-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Well, you probably want the leather kind that has agility. You can level in any spec, but if you plan to PvP a ton, go Subtlety. If you're doing the PvEs, go Combat or Assassination. Combat has the bonus of basically allowing you to use swords, maces, axes, or fists, while Assassination/Subtlety require daggers (at least in the main hand, although Assassination requires a dagger in each hand later). If you're 80, go assassination and faceroll to victory with Subtlety.

logansrogue
09-29-2010, 07:13 PM
do i need to look for anything besides agility in my gear

Jammer Six
09-29-2010, 08:17 PM
What you should spec him out as depends on how you like to play, and what weapons you plan to use. Can't speak to PvP, I'd rather drag my nuts through ground glass than PvP.

You'll get all kinds of advice, but coming here was a great first step! Good luck!

logansrogue
09-29-2010, 08:34 PM
shut up i have see you ruin one thread please don't ruin mine

SageoftheTimes
09-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Basically, EJ is a good idea in theory, but you really have to get to 80 before you can say what YOU want to do. Mutilate is faceroll and you might get bored of it. Combat is interesting. Subtlety is apparently decent for PvP. Just play around with specs every once in a while (do a stint of PvP for several days, then go for a PvE spec for the next bit) to see what you enjoy.