PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Frost DK dps what am i doing wrong?

Dethyx
09-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi, I play a frost DK on US-Tichondrius in a high end progression guild. (armory below)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&cn=Dethyx

*just so you know, i do stack armor pen and am at 99.67% (with food)*
*also, i know i have a point in chilblains, thats for heroic 10 man LK, so disregard that*

I am coming to you guys asking if im doing some little thing wrong with my gameplay (gear, gems, priority system....)
On a fight like 25m Saurfang i do 13-14k dps. with my same gear level, i know frost DK's doing 17-18k in those situations. i have no idea whats up with me.

What i do, in regards to my abilities, is apply diseases, and use oblit whenever i can.
blood strike when i have blood runes, and frost strike when i have KM proc or nothing to do. its pretty simple and i cant find a way of improving that.

so if you will, take a look at my gear n stuff and see if u can identify a problem
Thanks!!!!

Toushiro
09-29-2010, 05:08 PM
drop more ArP so with http://www.wowhead.com/item=42995 you're at cap.

you need to have HB in there, when Rime + KM have proced you use HB.

Mallekai
09-30-2010, 12:12 AM
i dont play a DK seriously.

do they ignore runes that are off CD and froststrike when they have killingmachine procs? or do they finish off the runes and wait for that little gap in between each 6 to froststike?

Toushiro
09-30-2010, 03:39 AM
Yes, Frost striking when KM is up is a must, because it REPROCS A LOT and youd never know that a KM got wasted.

Dethyx
10-02-2010, 07:14 AM
I may have figured it out. I don't use pestilence w/ the glyph.

jpoplive
10-03-2010, 04:52 AM
It does not matter. You will at most be using you current spec for 3 or 4 more weeks. After patch 4.0.1 comes you will have to learn a whole new spec and rotation so do not worry to much about it now and just have fun with what you can do now.

Also what would Pestilence have to do with getting more DPS in a Saurfang fight. As a Death Knight you are doing single target and should not be hitting the blood beasts.

Kanzer
10-03-2010, 01:17 PM
It does not matter. You will at most be using you current spec for 3 or 4 more weeks. After patch 4.0.1 comes you will have to learn a whole new spec and rotation so do not worry to much about it now and just have fun with what you can do now.

Also what would Pestilence have to do with getting more DPS in a Saurfang fight. As a Death Knight you are doing single target and should not be hitting the blood beasts.

He said glyph, which means glyph of disease which causes your pestilence to refresh diseases which does indeed increase frost DPS since you're only using a single blood rune to refresh both diseases instead of a frost and unholy, which means more obliterate.

If you're not going to answer the question or offer any advice related to it, then why bother posting? You posted nothing constructive or helpful at all.

Glyph of disease will definitely up your DPS, Frost Strike when KM procs and howling blast when Rime procs. If you aren't using it then download power auras and set up one for Killing Machine and Rime procs, so its obvious to you whenever they are ready to use. Its all about timing and taking advantage of your procs when they happen.

Dethyx
10-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks for clearing the blood beast thing Kanzer.
And yea it definitely was the pestilence. I'm getting to about 16-17k on most fights.
And I already am using power auras and stuff :) (I am a pretty serious player)
I just didn't see something as simple as using pestilence.
Thanks for the support guys.

Dethyx
10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Now now children. I have my advice, and it's no monumental change ( I hit the 6 key a few times during the fight). Thank you for all of the advice. I know it's close to the patch, but i don't wanna be known as "the dk that does bad dps." and jpoplive, you are in no position to tell me what matters to me. k thx

Kazeyonoma
10-05-2010, 11:36 AM
quit this shit. I'm tired of having to read this back and forth arguing about stuff that isn't even on topic. if you wanna talk about what the OP is asking for, go for it, anything else doesn't belong in the thread. Thread cleaned, more bullshit and I'll start handing out infractions which'll lead to temp bans. You guys should all know better.