PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Tankadin needs HALP!

Tuminator
09-19-2010, 07:50 AM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...d&cn=Tuminator (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderlord&cn=Tuminator)

I'm a new-ish pally tank from Thunderlord. I've been reading up on gearing and such and I feel I've done most everything right so far apart from my weapon enchant(I plan on using blood draining, I'm just waiting for a decent weapon to drop off ICC or ToGC10). I'm currently sitting at 52 frost badges and I'm stuck on what to get first, t10 helm or gloves. I would hate to get the t10 gloves only to have them drop from VoA, on the other hand the Kraken Gauntlets seem to be recommended over t10 gloves but I feel that that's in the context of tanks with access to heroic sanctified pieces. I know t10 2pc is recommended but I'd like to know how to go about getting there while keeping in mind that I don't have access to many heroic 25 pieces outside of Lootship and possibly some other easy heroics.

Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Davih
09-19-2010, 08:13 AM
Since your using lootship hc shoulders your best bet would be to get both tier helm and tier gloves. Since your WAY above the expertise cap i would get the helm first.
Also change the 10 stats gem to a 10 agi 15 stamina gem.

Tuminator
09-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Alright, thats what I was thinking too. I can't change the helmet gem though, the helmet needs a yellow for +12 stam and the meta needs a red, nightmare tear is the only one that fits well. For now i plan on replacing my SoV glyph since my expertise is 27 without it.

Lumines
09-20-2010, 03:17 AM
Alright, thats what I was thinking too. I can't change the helmet gem though, the helmet needs a yellow for +12 stam and the meta needs a red, nightmare tear is the only one that fits well.

If you pick up the +9 stamina socket bonus in your belt with a 10 agi/15 stam gem in the red socket and move the 51 stamina gem to your helm, you'll have a net gain of 2 stamina. They don't call it "min-maxing" for nothing :P

For now i plan on replacing my SoV glyph since my expertise is 27 without it.It's still your best threat glyph until around 53 expertise (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?p=529034&rb_v=viewtopic#p529034), as you're still reducing parries, so I wouldn't replace it.

Tuminator
09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Oo nice catch Lumines, didn't think of the combinations involving that +9 stam bonus at all >.< I'll probably wait 2 days though since after that I'll have the frost badges for the t10 helm(which uses 10agi/15 stam without any issues :D).

Yeah I know about Exp being = to hit in threat even after soft cap... its just threat is the least of my worries since my guild is sort of carrying people as we try and get a full raid going, its a work in progress and as a result there isn't anyone doing even 80% of my TPS even on Saurfang where I have to hold back on consecrate/HotR during blood beasts(ranged dps is on the weak side atm, I pull off them when I use even one HotR and they seem to just let the blood beast hit me if I pull off them... like some sort of passive-aggressive message to me). I suppose I'll keep it though, just in case I PuG a raid with good DPS.