PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Mutilate Rogue.... agility / crit?!

Frostglaive
09-18-2010, 12:43 PM
So I play a rogue and it's very successful and I go off of the elitist jerk guides / spreadsheets.... but I ran into something interesting. I found a mutilate rogue who favors Blood spatter maxed and two points in Opportunity, and stacks agility gems / 10 agility and crit instead of AP and haste and pulls it off nicely.... but I feel they are wrong, they merely had better gear than I and I was close to their dps. Is this a reliable setup for a rogue... or no?

Zxian
09-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Not really. The crit bonus you get from agi doesn't apply to poisons. Furthermore, at any decent level of gear (i.e. ICC10+), you'll quickly run into crit-capping issues if you gem for agi/crit. Also, Mutilate rogues shouldn't be using Rupture at all.

Stick with the spreadsheets and guides. It's not like rogues have really changed in the past few months.

Jammer Six
09-20-2010, 01:24 PM
One of the very reasons this board had a dps section is because Elitist Jerks is not the final (or only) answer. It is only the answer for a rather narrow spectrum of rogues.

Good luck in your quest!

Zxian
09-20-2010, 03:13 PM
So Jammer, is the build mentioned and gemming for Agi/crit reliable? You have yet to actually post something worthwhile in your posts other than claims of improper scientific methods and complaints about your son's shortsightedness.