PDA

View Full Version : Healing Going Disc to help Guild.

Dasfreshmaker
09-14-2010, 07:49 AM
As much as I enjoy being an SPriest, I've decided to concentrate on Disc to help out my Guild. ( we have 3 10 man groups going through ICC. 1 full clear, where my Main [Mage] runs, and 2 others that are close to breaking through, but sometimes are short a healer )

I currently have 250 EoTs, and 145 EoF, and was wondering what a good "starting" set for Disc would be ?

I've read the post by Aliena (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=20677630322&sid=1) as well as a suggested starter set / spec (http://chardev.org/?profile=422086). (is all 5 pieces of T9 necessary ?)

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Paean - soon to be Disc Priest (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&cn=Paean)

MellvarTank
09-14-2010, 07:59 AM
I'd shoot for T10 4 piece as soon as possible. Disc is OP in ICC.

Bashal
09-14-2010, 08:28 AM
I thought I had heard the 4pc t10 bonus is a little "meh" for disc/holy, and they usually go for 2pc. t10 and then just get non-set pieces everywhere else (or I suppose 2 pc. t9 to go with their t10 set bonus until they find good non-set upgrades).

Can anyone confirm this?

Sebadoh
09-14-2010, 08:31 AM
I thought I had heard the 4pc t10 bonus is a little "meh" for disc/holy, and they usually go for 2pc. t10 and then just get non-set pieces everywhere else (or I suppose 2 pc. t9 to go with their t10 set bonus until they find good non-set upgrades).

Can anyone confirm this?

Disc raid healing (as most Discies are) - T10 is OP.

Disc tank healing (rare) - T10 is meh. Grab the offpieces with more haste/crit.

Holy - Haste is uber, so is the T10 4-piece. Depends on the individual pieces involved, but typically you want to wear the 4-piece.

MellvarTank
09-14-2010, 08:33 AM
I remember they buffed the 4 piece for Disc a while back... I couldn't remember how good it was though. I just remember seeing a lot of disc priests rocking the 4 piece T10 and raid healing. It's rare that they tank heal with how OP bubbles are in ICC.

(Not saying disc > all, just saying... bubbles make me happy.)

Akeber
09-14-2010, 09:00 AM
You want 4pc t10 as disc. You want the chest/gloves/shoulder/helm tier pieces, and get the crafted legs made. In all other slots go for items with crit over items with haste, disc gets enough haste through borrowed time that they don't need much at all on gear. Gem entirely for spellpower, ignoring socket bonuses, make those bubbles as big and as storng as possible.

Disc as a primary tank healer really isn't an optimal use of the class. Disc shines in ICC is as a raid "healer", which is actually more like a raid "shielder". Bubble spam the raid, use PoM and penance whenever they are off CD, and use them on a tank or raid member with low health. If all ten raid members have weakened soul, PoM and Penenace are on CD, flash heal is your filler.

Dasfreshmaker
09-14-2010, 09:35 AM
You want 4pc t10 as disc. You want the chest/gloves/shoulder/helm tier pieces, and get the crafted legs made. In all other slots go for items with crit over items with haste, disc gets enough haste through borrowed time that they don't need much at all on gear. Gem entirely for spellpower, ignoring socket bonuses, make those bubbles as big and as storng as possible.

Disc as a primary tank healer really isn't an optimal use of the class. Disc shines in ICC is as a raid "healer", which is actually more like a raid "shielder". Bubble spam the raid, use PoM and penance whenever they are off CD, and use them on a tank or raid member with low health. If all ten raid members have weakened soul, PoM and Penenace are on CD, flash heal is your filler.

Perfect. Thank you very much for this.

And thank you for all the responses !! (time to start healing 5 mans, to get the hang of it)

Roana
09-14-2010, 10:31 AM
4-piece T10 is very good for ICC 25. In ICC 10, it varies.

In order to make 4-piece T10 very good, PW:S needs to be your dominant heal by a large margin, since you're sacrificing a bunch of stats for the spirit on the tier gear that you have relatively little use for.

That works out fine in ICC 25, where you will indeed be primarily be casting PW:S (though there are exceptions, such as Valithria Dreamwalker, where you kinda morph into a combined tank/raid-healer during portal phases), so that works out pretty well. ICC 25 is a case where you're trivially haste-capped due to Borrowed Time, crit doesn't do much for you, and it'd take a lot of spellpower to get 5% bigger shields, so that's a very nice boost.

In ICC 10, on the other hand, it's very situational -- even if you're shielding everyone, that's only 10 out of every 15 seconds, and that's assuming that everyone needs a shield. For example, for heroic Saurfang 10, I'd drop the 4-piece T10 bonus and wear gear optimized for spellpower, crit, and haste, since PW:S is much less important in that fight (because only a few people will take damage most of the time, but they will take LOTS of damage).