PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Prot Pally questions

pinnacle2009
09-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Having a bit of an argument with another protadin in guild..

1. Glyph for taunt or hammer of the righteous? I saw no point in HoTR he, however, see's no point in taunting

2. Will a crusade build or seals of the pure give more tps? (also, what is THE threat build? 53/18?)

3. Is 2/2 imp. judgements really going to completely screw up the 96969 rotation? Apparently 1/2 is the way to go, but whenever I ask about builds, the 53/12 spec has 2/2.

Martie
09-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Glyph of taunt if you raid, glyph of hammer otherwise.
Crusade will give you more tps.
The extra point in improved judgements is mostly a filler point to reach the next tier of talents, you could shift it to another talent. I personally like having my judgements a little more often for some fights.

pinnacle2009
09-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Okay awesome. So at point can you stop glyphing for taunt? (What hit rating is needed to not miss?)

And is there anywhere I can see the math in crusade vs. Seals of the pure?

sifuedition
09-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Taunts work off of spell hit so it requires 17% so you should never stop glyphing for it on taunt sensitive fights. If you have 17% hit as a prot pally without the glyph, you are doing something wrong.

That being said, my warrior can raid tank with 90 hit and the taunt glyph. For taunt sensitive fights, a taunt will occassionally miss but mocking blow followed by a new taunt only if necessary gets the job done.

My main is my prot pally who is over 100 hit but just as a natural consequence of the best EH gear he can get. Threat and even taunts (also glyphed like my warrior) are never an issue.

uglybbtoo
09-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Being a pally we have two taunts anyhow I never bother with the taunt glyph as per sif never been an issue.

The definitive work on pally threat by theck can be found here
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=6&t=20823&rb_v=viewtopic