PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Retribution paladin trinket HELP!!!!

leynart
09-13-2010, 06:20 AM
i have a question if u have this 3 trinket available which 2 trinket will you all use?

1. Greatness card (+90 str)
2. Whispering Fang Skull (Heroic version)
3. Herkumi War Token (60 Embelm of Frost from the vendor)

i need some help about this i cant anything reguarding this issue reckon on spread sheet its Death choices for Horde or Death verdict for alliance and tiny abomination jar thats why i posted this threat

Fetzie
09-13-2010, 06:24 AM
skull + war token imo.

if you can, get the tiny abomination and then wear that together with the herkumi token.

leynart
09-13-2010, 06:41 AM
well i check with alot of ppl they say greatness and skull, and even like u mention skull and token but im just not sure. Theres like alot of combination.

Fetzie
09-13-2010, 06:44 AM
I used greatness and the token until I got my tiny abomination (which is an awesome trinket) because I haven't yet had the luck to see a. the skull drop and b. not be in a group with someone that needed it.

I guess I am a bit of a haste junkie (my 3.4 speed weapon is a 1.39 with bloodlust, haste pot and windfury:D) and would take 6% haste over 3% crit any day.

edit: this should be my retri gear: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anub%27arak&n=Fetzie

leynart
09-13-2010, 07:15 AM
oh ya your pally isnt expertist cap yet for expertist u need 26 according to the profile u only have 14 need 2 more. 16 will be a gd number cause when u on seal of corruption it will make up to 26 =)

Fetzie
09-13-2010, 07:19 AM
What I would have to sacrifice to get those two expertise points is more dps than I would gain from hitting twice more in a fight :)

leynart
09-13-2010, 08:01 AM
but if its not cap wont your yellow damage miss sometime?

Fetzie
09-13-2010, 08:03 AM
it has a 0.5% chance to be dodged, which is pretty much negligible

leynart
09-13-2010, 08:50 AM
well thank i will take that into consideration but 14 is the minimum you can go? or you can go as low as 14?

Akeber
09-13-2010, 09:05 AM
He's running the SoV glyph (http://www.wowhead.com/item=43869), which grants 10 expertise skill when you have SoV active. SoC is only used for trash/add phases where expertise doesn't matter. The SoV glyph doesn't show on the armory or your chracter sheet (unless you have SoV active). That brings his total to 24, only 2 skill off the cap.

leynart
09-13-2010, 09:10 AM
well i understand im just need to know which of this trinket will you choose as a ret pally as for now before i got my tiny abomination jar

Rennadrel
09-13-2010, 10:22 AM
If you have 4 set 264 T10, you socket a 20 expertise gem in your helm which brings you to 25 expertise, with heroic ICC though you can get the Seal of Many Mouths ring and get expertise capped so long as you can stay at hit cap (I need to get Apocalypses Advance from Halion in order to use the ring). Tiny Abom works fine with either the haste trinket or WFS, but having both works exceptionally well for swapping around on various fights. Saurfang, Blood Queen and Festergut you never have to move aside from Spores on Fester which is rare or the Bloodbolt Whirl/Fear/lasers on Blood Queen and those are not for more then 30 seconds so building your stacks up again is easy, so you can stand there and mash all you want with the haste trinket and Tiny Abom going to maximize your DPS, you will see a drop if you used regular WFS though, however the heroic one would bolster your DPS to be comparative to the War Token on those fights.

leynart
09-13-2010, 08:49 PM
thanks for the advice

now i have to get my tiny abomination jar ASAP

leynart
09-18-2010, 09:55 PM
i gotten my tiny abom jar already i pair it with greatness card and also with HWT i found out that greatness with tiny abom jar have a 500 dps increase over HWT and tiny abom jar
when i tested on dummies for both set of trinket for 5mins.

Nicki
09-19-2010, 02:38 AM
i gotten my tiny abom jar already i pair it with greatness card and also with HWT i found out that greatness with tiny abom jar have a 500 dps increase over HWT and tiny abom jar
when i tested on dummies for both set of trinket for 5mins.

Testing on a Dummy doesn't mean much while I dunno the trinkets exactly, one should NEVER take dummy testing as proof.

1. Dummy? which Dummy? the 80 Dummys mimic 80 mobs but the boss dummy mimics a boss.
2. Raid buffs, Dummys can be affected by them so attacking the boss dummy with a bunch of other people and then without skews results!
3. RNG There were times in the past where RNG could mean the difference between good dps and bad. Try 1 Muru 1500dps, Try 2 1750 dps. Gear, rotation and buffs remained constant ofcourse. The thing is you can't account for crit occurance and glancing blows. I remember 1 Hodir attempt where 33% of my attacks glanced (where the usual is 25~%). Not to mention Proc uptime can be either more or less!
4. Scaling, abillities, stats etc. Scale with raid buffs and while this doesn't really affect paladins much; the value of a trinket will increase when buffs are taken into account.

I believe 100 6 Minute parses is the only way to minimise the effect of RNG aslong as buffs, debuffs, skilluseage remains somewhat constant and if you are really needing to defeat statistics increase the tests 10fold. So you see it's far far quicker to check the theorycraft then to test a trinket in practice. What will happen though is if the proc or use is ill suited to you, you may find you are better off with a slightly lower dps trinket that works how you like e.g. I used Shard of Contempt and Dragonspine trophy not only because they were the best at the time but also because not having to activate a trinket means it gets full use alot more!

TLDR: Dummy testing is utterly pointless, use theorycraft done on the Elitist Jerks boards or associated tools (RAWR, Spreadsheets etc.)

Fetzie
09-19-2010, 05:15 AM
Raid buffs affect paladins quite a bit, while solo-testing at the boss dummy you are generally missing:

kings or might
20% haste
10% AP
SoE totem/horn of winter
5% melee crit
Sunder Armor

All of these also improve the damage procc from the TAiaJ trinket.

as well as the spell caster support for consecrate and exorcism, as well as the 13% spell damage bonus for all of the holy damage.

In a 6 min cycle I do 6500 dps on the boss dummy, in a raid I am doing upwards of 11k on a bossfight of a similar duration(about 14k in ICC), almost double my dummy dps.

Acidbaron
09-19-2010, 04:12 PM
WoWprophet used to be a good sim, don't think it's updated for 3.3.5 however.

Rawr is probably the most accurate, although based on values and not really a sim sim, if you know what i mean.

Don't trust dummies as the raid buffs as mentioned above can make a significant difference on your values.