PDA

View Full Version : DPS Arms or Fury? PvE Dps

Unforgivein
09-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Well I've geared up a good amount since ive last been here, and i would just like to know, what would be the best route for me? Arms or Fury that is. Check out my gear and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Unforgivein

EDIT: would of been nice of me to post the link to my armory. haha here it is.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?cn=Unforgivein&r=Cairne

The Hoof
09-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Fury DPS is going to be significantly better overall in a raid situation. Single target it's a little closer, but Fury is much better at keeping DPS up on mobility fights, of which there are a ton in ICC.

You've logged out in your def gear, so there really isn't much I can comment on for gear. With either Arms or Fury, you want to make sure that Hit and Exp are capped, then focus on ArPen until you can get about 51% if you're using one of the ArPen proc trinkets. After that then you focus on Str and Crit.

Unforgivein
09-09-2010, 11:09 AM
i see that, but i do remember relogging off with fuyr gear on, just have to refresh it, maybe acouple times llol

But yes, in a couple of minutes i will relog and make sure they are on

Loganisis
09-09-2010, 11:52 AM
With the gear you're likely to be at (even rolling OS in ICC) you're likley very close to hard-capping ArP anyway. Let Landsoul's spreadsheet guide you young one. lol

Unforgivein
09-09-2010, 11:55 AM
for some reason i can't even use landsoul's so i can't =/

and my armory should be updated to my dps gear now!

Loganisis
09-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Mac?
Are you downloading the right version (There is a pre Excel 07 version and an Excel 07 version)?
Do you enable macros (don't need to in the pre-07 version, but it won't work unless you do in the 07 version)?

I understand how difficult it is building a DPS set when you're almost all raid-tanking, that being said:

1. Mark of Supremecy = Crap for you. Farm Banner of Victory TOC5n
2. PVP = not for gear in ICC. Dextderous Ring (Triumph 245, Agi + ArP)
3. +10 Str + 15 Sta gem is never useful. You gave up 10 strength to gain 6 strength from the socket bonus.
4. H-HoR should be in your queue every day for the DPS boots there unless you get a better drop (LDW 25) or crafted.
5. Haste is the least effective Fury stat iirc, get the 264 Str cloak for the ArP + Exp. Use the agility enchant.
6. You're using NES + Str gems when you're not at 722 ArP.
7. Gatecrasher Gauntlets is BiS sub heroic and you don't need the hit on the tier, so look to swap those out if you can.
8. Get the tier chest (you'll want it to 264 when possible) or Castlebreaker's for the chest.

General comments:

You'll have plenty of hit in ICC (plus you don't need much, 164) so look for gear without hit. Enchant the gloves with +20 then gem yellow slots to hit 164 if needed later on. With your gear you have 270 points that aren't doing you a great amount of good because you're over the yellow hit cap, converting those to ArP would be better.

PVP gear is bad for PvE even if it does have crit. It's because of 2 things. 1 Resliience is worthless for DPS and 2, there's usually no main stat, just Stamina on it. This is a double whammy. In many cases because of the differences in stats, lower ilvl gear is a signficant increase in DPS.

Look for gear with ArP on it (e.g. Vengful Noose > Manevolent Girdle), so something to keep in mind when looking for upgrades in the more distant future over emblem gear you've already bought.

Look to maximize your nightmare tears. Right now it's in your gloves for a +4 bonus instead of your belt for a +6 bonus. Higher level boots offer a +8 bonus.

Beserking vs Massacre on the OH isn't as big of a deal because the uptime is lower. But your MH should have Beserking.

As I said, I know it's a pain. I've jumped all around as I build my Fury spec with raid off-spec rolls. I hit the hard hit cap (700 something + space goat) at one point and hit 53 Exp at another. Create a goal, look at what are more easily obtainable upgrades (farmable, dailies you can run, crafted, emblem gear) and prioritize raid drops. E.G. something like:

Deathbringer's Will > Bloody Saronite Stompers (only because there are more foot options, Bloody Saronite is a bigger upgrade at the
moment) > Whispering Fang Skull > etc.

Target for fury should be 1360 ArP (until you get really good gear) and eat Hearty Rhino (1315 is an option too because of http://www.wowhead.com/item=44330).

Unforgivein
09-09-2010, 01:07 PM
I have a windows, i think it was maybe the version of the spreadsheet program i had. and uh so what would be better for me? Fury or Arms. you didn't answer :D

Loganisis
09-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Ah, you use OpenOffice? I don't think it is compatible with that because of all the macros. I think Microsoft offers an Excel Viewer for free that might open and view it?

I would suggest Fury for the simple reason that your gear is a hodge podge, so neither is optimal right now but if you work toward a goal you should work toward Fury because at least until 4.0 drops, Fury's Potential > Arms Potential.

Unforgivein
09-09-2010, 01:28 PM
i just use microsoft. lol and okay. ill try excel viewer

Unger
09-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Advice Loganisis gave is exactly what I would say.

In the dps thread, there is a thread that talks about using Landsouls sheet. You really need to figure out how to use it because almost every question on gear can be answered with that spreadsheet. Go to the thread and figure out how to use it. Personally, I think doing that upgrades you even more than a DBW.

Unforgivein
09-09-2010, 02:09 PM
okay so i have the intro thing up on the viewer so what now lol?

Unforgivein
09-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Mac?
Are you downloading the right version (There is a pre Excel 07 version and an Excel 07 version)?
Do you enable macros (don't need to in the pre-07 version, but it won't work unless you do in the 07 version)?

I understand how difficult it is building a DPS set when you're almost all raid-tanking, that being said:

1. Mark of Supremecy = Crap for you. Farm Banner of Victory TOC5n
2. PVP = not for gear in ICC. Dextderous Ring (Triumph 245, Agi + ArP)
3. +10 Str + 15 Sta gem is never useful. You gave up 10 strength to gain 6 strength from the socket bonus.
4. H-HoR should be in your queue every day for the DPS boots there unless you get a better drop (LDW 25) or crafted.
5. Haste is the least effective Fury stat iirc, get the 264 Str cloak for the ArP + Exp. Use the agility enchant.
6. You're using NES + Str gems when you're not at 722 ArP.
7. Gatecrasher Gauntlets is BiS sub heroic and you don't need the hit on the tier, so look to swap those out if you can.
8. Get the tier chest (you'll want it to 264 when possible) or Castlebreaker's for the chest.

General comments:

You'll have plenty of hit in ICC (plus you don't need much, 164) so look for gear without hit. Enchant the gloves with +20 then gem yellow slots to hit 164 if needed later on. With your gear you have 270 points that aren't doing you a great amount of good because you're over the yellow hit cap, converting those to ArP would be better.

PVP gear is bad for PvE even if it does have crit. It's because of 2 things. 1 Resliience is worthless for DPS and 2, there's usually no main stat, just Stamina on it. This is a double whammy. In many cases because of the differences in stats, lower ilvl gear is a signficant increase in DPS.

Look for gear with ArP on it (e.g. Vengful Noose > Manevolent Girdle), so something to keep in mind when looking for upgrades in the more distant future over emblem gear you've already bought.

Look to maximize your nightmare tears. Right now it's in your gloves for a +4 bonus instead of your belt for a +6 bonus. Higher level boots offer a +8 bonus.

Beserking vs Massacre on the OH isn't as big of a deal because the uptime is lower. But your MH should have Beserking.

As I said, I know it's a pain. I've jumped all around as I build my Fury spec with raid off-spec rolls. I hit the hard hit cap (700 something + space goat) at one point and hit 53 Exp at another. Create a goal, look at what are more easily obtainable upgrades (farmable, dailies you can run, crafted, emblem gear) and prioritize raid drops. E.G. something like:

Deathbringer's Will > Bloody Saronite Stompers (only because there are more foot options, Bloody Saronite is a bigger upgrade at the
moment) > Whispering Fang Skull > etc.

Target for fury should be 1360 ArP (until you get really good gear) and eat Hearty Rhino (1315 is an option too because of http://www.wowhead.com/item=44330).

is there a differnce in dps for berserking not being on my mh and on my oh? also am i just going for a 2 piece set? or for 4?

Bung
09-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Put berserking on both weapons. Go for 4 piece set. Helm, shoulders, chest, legs. Get the crafted boots. Get the frost cloak and the frost gloves. When you get your ashen ring get the agility one, not the str one. Awesome wrists you have! The vengefull noose would have been a better choice for your belt. Your expertise looks good, so does your glyphs. Spec is very good although unbridled wrath isn't that great. Those points can be put into better shouts, heroic fury, piercing howl etc....Enchants look pretty good. Some people find that tuskars is more useful, especially in ICC. You will want to replace your pvp gear. The neck from toc5 Heroic isn't too bad. Trinkets need some work. The hit one is a bad one for you. You only need 164 hit so the one from toc5 reg (banner) and Darkmmon card of greatness would be better. Then eventually you will get the one off marrowgar and hopefully DBW. At some point you will want to completely gem all Arp, so NES will be useless.

Best of Luck.

Loganisis
09-10-2010, 08:24 AM
is there a differnce in dps for berserking not being on my mh and on my oh? also am i just going for a 2 piece set? or for 4?

There's a difference in uptime between beserking in MH and OH. MH has more hits (BT, Slams, any other non WW that doesn't replace a white attack) so it's chance of proc-ing is greater so the uptime is greater. I can't find the math (I came across it at one point), Beserking > Massacre for both MH and OH, but because the uptime is lower in the OH the difference between Massacre and Beserking is less. Optimal enchanting is dual Beserking.

As for the 2pc/4pc, Head/Shoulders is an easy way to get the 2pc because there is 264 emblem options for chest/legs to last you for a while until you can get the Chest/Legs to 4pc. 4pc is BiS sub Heroic Modes/Halion 25. http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37462-warrior_dps_calculation_spreadsheet/ So you'll work toward 264 Emblem Chest/Legs. I'm not at the 4pc yet and I haven't found a good explanation of it yet though.

As for in the viewer... Once you have Landsouls, ready Thegreatme's guide, http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?66250-How-to-Use-Landsouls-spreadsheet and then ask specific questions.